Unpleasant incident on bus the other day

124»

Comments

• Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did think of On The Buses though what about The Foggy Night episode where they where they couldn't move all night due to fog and had to wait about 12 hours now in a real case like that if one of the passengers wanted to get off and make their own way home I don't see how the driver could stop them .....,.,
    Especially if half were having a panic attack and the rest were screaming "Cry Freedom!" and singing "I want to break Free!"
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Especially if half were having a panic attack and the rest were screaming "Cry Freedom!" and singing "I want to break Free!"

:D:D:D

Don't forget the guy with the bren gun. :o

I will never get on another bus as long as I live. :o:cry:
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    I don't suppose that there is much the driver could do. It might indeed be recognised as a way a passenger gets off the bus at their own risk and where the driver/bus company doesn't get into trouble, Would the doors just close normally afterwards, letting the journey carry on when traffic cleared?

I have never been that aware of the emergency button.

Boris' buses let you off between stops.

The button is above the doors in case of accident or the driver is ill/dies/crashes etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The button is above the doors in case of accident or the driver is ill/dies/crashes etc

Gawd this gets more worrying by the second! :o

Do we all have to learn CPR now? :o

:D
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought that but as the other poster commented there is nothing that could stop you using it. (Not advocating it btw).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    neelia wrote: »
    I thought that but as the other poster commented there is nothing that could stop you using it. (Not advocating it btw).

It wouldn't open though if the driver secretly kept his finger on the close button inside his cab.;-)
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Gawd this gets more worrying by the second! :o

Do we all have to learn CPR now? :o

:D

We haven't got time for CPR we just trying to get off the bus we are being held captive in, unless the driver has got ill too far from the destination at that point CPR would be useful so he can at least drive a bit further. :p
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    If someone wants to get off early or before a designated bus stop, perhaps they could sign a simple disclaimer handed to them by the driver stating that if they were to die or sustain any injury the bus company is not in any way liable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now I have a vision of a bus going by with all the passengers banging at the windows, with facial expressions like "The Scream" and wailing "We're all going to Hell!!!"
    :o:o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    We haven't got time for CPR we just trying to get off the bus we are being held captive in, unless the driver has got ill too far from the destination at that point CPR would be useful so he can at least drive a bit further. :p

Too much effort! I have the bren gun and I prefer the idea of putting him out of his misery and ringing for a taxi? We all have mobiles?
    ME first and I refuse to share! :kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now I have a vision of a bus going by with all the passengers banging at the windows, with facial expressions like "The Scream" and wailing "We're all going to Hell!!!"
    :o:o:o

That's cos I decided to shoot the tedious half dead and uncooperative driver! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's cos the driver has now been shot! :o

Who'd have thought that a simple bus pass would one day become a ticket to the Dark Side?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who'd have thought that a simple bus pass would one day become a ticket to the Dark Side?

Made my day! :kitty:
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too much effort! I have the bren gun and I prefer the idea of putting him out of his misery and ringing for a taxi? We all have mobiles?
    ME first and I refuse to share! :kitty:

What about the bus driver's liberty?:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    What about the bus driver's liberty?:o

Stuff that. What about OUR liberty, we need to get home, inconsiderate sod. >:(
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuff that. What about OUR liberty, we need to get home, inconsiderate sod. >:(

"they bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into..i say let them crash..."