Options

Anyone else miss Johnny Allen?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
Forum Member
✭✭
After ruby took that knife out yesterday with his name on it, it made me reliase how much i miss johnny.
he was the best gangster ever, and i loved the way he treated andy, jake, danny, tina, dennis and sharon. even better was the relationship between him and ruby, and the brilliant fued between him and the mitchell brothers.
and billy murray played the role to perfection, a sinister and scary edge to him, always able to portray johnny in a believable way, he was great! i miss him so much.
i hope billy does a few guest spots in the bill again soon.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billy Murray was a good actor, but I don't miss the character. I found him infuriating, and not in a good way. I couldn't stand the way that it was one rule for him and another for everyone else, and he was always on the moral high ground - it just irritated me.
  • Options
    iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really do miss him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss him too :sad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizzy Dog wrote:
    Billy Murray was a good actor, but I don't miss the character. I found him infuriating, and not in a good way. I couldn't stand the way that it was one rule for him and another for everyone else, and he was always on the moral high ground - it just irritated me.

couldn't have put it better myself. glad he's gone.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He started off as a good character and then they gave him a daft daughter :mad:
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    To be honest I hadn't given him another thought until I saw this post.
  • Options
    pinky2006pinky2006 Posts: 10,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss his bright pink jumper
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    No. I hated the character. He was OK at the start. He should have left WITH Ruby much earlier.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad someone else agrees with me. I miss him. He was a very classy gangster, the kind EE needs more of. OK, not lots, but having one classy gangster would be good!

But Johnny Allen really had style. If only they'd written his character better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss him he needs to come back but i miss Ds Don beech more!!!!
  • Options
    RelugusRelugus Posts: 12,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was an interesting character, but the EE writers kept changing him according to what the latest Mitchell storyline required.

I loved his very odd and unique relationship with Stacey, it showed a different side to Johnny without making him look sappy.

I felt Get Johnny week was a massive missed opportunity. I wanted them to explore Johnny in depth in his last episodes, instead we got a load of silly car chases and running around in pink jumpers.

Stacey, Dot, and Pat confronting him (which was done in a very half-assed way during that January week that Johnny and Ruby left) would have been more interesting than Phil and Grunt running around. Those three females had a hold on Johnny which really should have been intrumental in his downfall.
  • Options
    lil' Kimlil' Kim Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Well not 'that' much but a bit i guess :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy Murray was a good actor, I liked him as Don Beach he did the best he could with the character but it was a shit characer becuase:
    -he had some ridiculous moral high ground despite being a killer :mad:
    -he managed to push Andy of a bridge despite being older and probably weaker
    -brought Ruby into the soap (she's goes through phases of less annoyness
    -he was so controlling yet not in a believable way
    -infuriating, iratating and unrealisitic
    -connected to the "ganster era" with Get Jhony week :yawn:
    -HE WORE PINK JUMPERS- what more can I say. :rolleyes:

Wow, that rant was fun of to the Sarah thread to have a good rant about here now :D

Leyla :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Johnny week was a massive letdown. It looked so promising to start with, when it started with that dream Phil was having with Johnny laughing at him, but it was downhill from there.

I was expecting loads of action and drama. What did I get?
    Phil and Grant playing golf?! :yawn:
    Johnny in a pink jumper?! :eek:
    Ruby making scones?! :sleep:

The only worthwhile part of Get Johnny week was getting to see the lovely Danny Moon again.
  • Options
    ziggy*stardustziggy*stardust Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    He was an interesting character, but the EE writers kept changing him according to what the latest Mitchell storyline required

So true! I can't stand the way the Mitchell's dominate everything....I've never been a fan of them. What I hated was the fact that they suddenly made Johnny into an alcoholic at the end- it just came out of nowhere and was unnecessary. Billy Murray was great though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relugus wrote:
    He was an interesting character, but the EE writers kept changing him according to what the latest Mitchell storyline required.

Yes, that was quite annoying. They've done this to loads of other characters as well. Grrr! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really miss him. I miss Dennis Rickman though, I think EE could have explored their relationship more.