Widgets using internet on Samsung Galaxy

GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi, this might be boring but can anyone make sense of this for me and advise?
I get scammed with internet on phones a lot I think, last time I had a Blackberry that took £5 out of my account when I didn't notice for a year.

ok so.

I have the weather app on my homepage but it's not working since I ran out of money on my account. Is this a sign that it's stealin my money.

I use pay as you go and the Orange Dolphin reward that gives me so much download free if you top up £10 a month.

I added £10 to start last month, then went over my download limit, money disappeared. I added another £10 and did nothing. I rang up and they say I will get the 'reward' in a week.

Now the whole £20 is gone and I have made about 2 phone calls and been on the internet for 5 mins.

Is the internet being used by my widgets on the home page? how can I stop all my credit going down the pan. I'm scared to add money as I don't know where it's going... the Orange people say "internet" but I haven't hardly used it.

Comments

• Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Glowbot wrote: »
    Hi, this might be boring but can anyone make sense of this for me and advise?
    I get scammed with internet on phones a lot I think, last time I had a Blackberry that took £5 out of my account when I didn't notice for a year.

ok so.

I have the weather app on my homepage but it's not working since I ran out of money on my account. Is this a sign that it's stealin my money.

I use pay as you go and the Orange Dolphin reward that gives me so much download free if you top up £10 a month.

I added £10 to start last month, then went over my download limit, money disappeared. I added another £10 and did nothing. I rang up and they say I will get the 'reward' in a week.

Now the whole £20 is gone and I have made about 2 phone calls and been on the internet for 5 mins.

Is the internet being used by my widgets on the home page? how can I stop all my credit going down the pan. I'm scared to add money as I don't know where it's going... the Orange people say "internet" but I haven't hardly used it.

weather widgets (and many other widgets) will use a small amount of data each time they get an update, maybe orange are charging you £1 a day for the tiny amounts of data you are using ?

you can switch off 3g in the settings and rely on wifi until you get your data plan sorted maybe ?
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Switch to t-mobile payg. £20 will gives 6 months internet with no excess charges to skin you.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    weather widgets (and many other widgets) will use a small amount of data each time they get an update, maybe orange are charging you £1 a day for the tiny amounts of data you are using ?

you can switch off 3g in the settings and rely on wifi until you get your data plan sorted maybe ?

I hope not but maybe?
    under mobile settings, I've switched to 2g, it was "packet data" before. Is that right?
    I've gone to wifi now anyway, thanks.
    I'd love to know if they do charge me though :(
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Switch to t-mobile payg. £20 will gives 6 months internet with no excess charges to skin you.

that sounds great, I will check that out.