Songs you hope you never have to listen to EVER again.

Comments

• bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Umbrella by Rihanna
    Well anything by Rihanna tbh but that song is dire,I couldn't escape it at one point

If I hear that song again I swear it will be too soon
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angels by Gobby Williams. Soooo overplayed and over-rated - it really is just populist pap with nothing under the surface of its childish lyrics. It's one of those songs whose enduring popularity (ie forevermore to be done at karaoke or played at functions) grows up around one particular bit of the song, which quite frankly probably accords with the majority of its fans when they are pissed. In this instance it's the crescendo of the "aanndd through it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall she offers me protection" line, which it doesn't take much to imagine the feeble-minded finding 'rousing' and 'profound'. Another example is 'Chasing Cars' where it's the "if I lay here, if I just lay here" etc hook that people are mainly interested in.

Imagine a world without 'Imagine' also, bliss :)
  • jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From my time spent working in a shop between the ages of 16 and 19:

Endless Love - Lionel Richie & Diana Ross
    Hello - Lionel Richie
    Home - Westlife
    Just Like Jesse James - Cher
    Here You Come Again - Dolly Parton
    Beautiful - Christina Aguilera
    Show Me Heaven - Marie McKee
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    Angels by Gobby Williams. Soooo overplayed and over-rated - it really is just populist pap with nothing under the surface of its childish lyrics. It's one of those songs whose enduring popularity (ie forevermore to be done at karaoke or played at functions) grows up around one particular bit of the song, which quite frankly probably accords with the majority of its fans when they are pissed. In this instance it's the crescendo of the "aanndd through it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall she offers me protection" line, which it doesn't take much to imagine the feeble-minded finding 'rousing' and 'profound'. Another example is 'Chasing Cars' where it's the "if I lay here, if I just lay here" etc hook that people are mainly interested in...

Great username by the way but can I thank you for your post too? You've highlighted two songs and said pretty much everything I feel about them too. I became a fan of Snow Patrol when I first heard Colin Murray and Edith Bowman, who I believe were covering the breakfast show on Radio 1, playing 'Spitting Games.' There were great songs on their third album (my favourite being 'Somewhere a Clock is Ticking') and even 'Run' got ignored by lots of radio stations and people. I've since heard things from their previous albums and they were very good too.

However, 'Chasing Cars' comes along and people are raving about it but it WAS only that refrain that they were mainly interested in. It wasn't better than anything they had recorded beforehand. It's a pity that it'll be the song that so many people remember them for.

As for Gobby's 'Angels,' I knew exactly which part you were referring to before reading the description, which was hilarious to read. I found it laughable that it was included on supposed 'best of british' and 'music of the millennium' type compilations with the wealth of superior songs out there.
    It's one of the most overhyped songs of the last 20 years.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Here's more:

You're Beautiful - James Blunt
    What Makes You Beautiful - One Direction
    Anything by Robbie Williams
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well specifically:

The Fast Food Song, I managed to avoid hearing the song in it's entirety and seems like I'll avoid it completely :D
    Take That - Shine (thank you Morrisons for ruining a perfectly good song!)
    Swagger Jagger - still haven't heard it in full thank god!

Less specifically:
    Any Rihanna
    Most songs by the X Factor winners/runners up.etc - just trying to think of any exceptions... maybe Diana Vickers is the exception lol. I don't mind listening to JLS if I'm out, but wouldn't play it at home.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet About Me ~ Gabriella Cilmi

She's a good songwriter but this song still reminds me of someone who let me down badly at the time
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    They are usually played in public when you can't avoid them.
    I never again want to hear:

"Perfect 10" by The Beautiful South

Oh goddamit, I HATE that song :mad:

My vote goes to No Limit by 2 Unlimited.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take That - Shine (It was played to the bitter end on some commercial and never liked the song in the first place)

Take That - The Flood/Patience (Both horrendous, depressing songs and every time I listen to it, my day just dampens a bit)

Lighthouse Family - High (Never saw the appeal, another pretentious sob shit)

Alyssa Reid - Alone Again (Crap sampling of Heart's Alone (which I liked) and the song overall is boring to the point where I can't stand it)

JLS - Club Is Alive/Hottest Girl in the World (both songs irritate me and every time it comes on, I immediately turn it off)

Lots more, but these are the ones that I can think of now.
  • BertCleeverhookBertCleeverhook Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Any Christmas song that isn't Fairytale of New York.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything played in my gym-autotuned "urban" rubbish full of lots of gyrating and gussets! :mad:

Gym playlists are put together by Satan himself.
  • SweetHeartHollySweetHeartHolly Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamesisace wrote: »
    From my time spent working in a shop between the ages of 16 and 19:

Endless Love - Lionel Richie & Diana Ross
    Hello - Lionel Richie
    Home - Westlife
    Just Like Jesse James - Cher
    Here You Come Again - Dolly Parton
    Show Me Heaven - Marie McKee
    Oh wow, "Hello" from Lionel Richie is one of my few favorites from him along side "Say You,Say Me". :):):)

God bless you and him always!!! :):):)

Holly
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of Robbie Williams Back catalogue especially Angels a truly awful song just drab.

Emelie Sande Drab just totally void of anything interesting.

Take That- Greatest Day just not good in anyway goes for most of TT post 90's.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,948
    Forum Member
    What Makes You Beautiful - One Direction
    I surprised far more people haven't said this one. This has been everywhere this year.
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    I surprised far more people haven't said this one. This has been everywhere this year.

Maybe some secretly like it? :p It's such an irritating song though :mad:
  • brettriotbrettriot Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Anything by Tulisa, Dappy, One Direction, Justin Bieber, Sam and the Womp, PSY, David Guetta and most Flo Rida songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hangman style
  • x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any Bruno Mars song - his voice alone just bores me to tears!
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    Ms Katt wrote: »
    Everything played in my gym-autotuned "urban" rubbish full of lots of gyrating and gussets! :mad:

Gym playlists are put together by Satan himself.

^^Right on! I can't bear to listen to the radio or TV stations that are usually on the TVs at my gym as all they play is, as you put it, "autotuned urban rubbish," generic, bland dance music and crud from Justin Bieber. I always take my mp3 player with me. I usually go to my gym in the evening and one thing I love about this time of the year is that I can be the only person using the gym at night, which normally means that one of the staff members switches the TVs off.

A few years ago I remember 'Stars Are Blind' by Paris coming on during a workout or within minutes of walking in the gym. It was 'Give Me Everything' by Pitbull last year.
    Mandark wrote: »
    I surprised far more people haven't said [What Makes You Beautiful]. This has been everywhere this year.

Funnily enough I've heard this in the background when I've been working out a few times in the last month. Normally my cue to turn the volume on my mp3 player up slightly and/or adjust the volume on the TVs!:D

P.S. That awful Alyssa Reid track 'Alone Again' is another snoozefest I could do without listening to again. That practice of taking bits from 80s power ballads should have ended by now. Back to 'Alone Again' though, how you can take what were such emotion packed lyrics and deliver them in the most understated and empty way I don't know. Surely she has some vocal prowess to show off?
    Forum Member
    x+y wrote: »

Forgot about him. The Lazy Song, Just The Way You Are and Marry You are the most irritating songs of his. Grenade is ok though. I don't know any others.
  • miss_zeldamiss_zelda Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'I Still Believe' by Frank Turner. He just irritates me, I can't put my finger on it.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cher Lloyd - Swagger Jagger

That is definetely on my list along with My Heart Skips a Beat.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    x+y wrote: »

Agreed. His popularity is a true mystery.

Coldplay - Fix You, The Scientist, Paradise

2 more tunes which unfortunately will be played to death in a few weeks time (as well as re-entering the Top 20 yet again):

Fairytale of New York

All I want for Christmas is you
    Forum Member
    Maroon 5 ft Christina Aguilera - Moves Like Jagger
    Anything by Olly Murs
  • speedy_gonzalesspeedy_gonzales Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    push the button - sugababes
    love is all around - wet wet wet
    hit me baby one more time - britney spears