Songs you hope you never have to listen to EVER again.

Comments

• gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything by Jessie J
    Anything by Olly Murs
    Anything by Taio Cruz
    Someone Like You - Adele
    Bruno Mars - The Lazy Song
    to be continued.........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Empire State of Mind has to be THE most boring song ever, I can't stand it either.
    Can't stand Bruno Mars either. His songs grate in the extreme.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amelia Lily - You Bring Me Joy.

Some songs are offensive, but just because they're shit. If I was to include every song that made the contents of my pods curdle whenever I heard them, I'd crash the DS servers with the size of the list I'd post on here.

You Bring Me Joy stands above all these because it reminds me of the crushing, heavy dullness of a caffeine headache combined with a topping of carsickness. The vocal melodies are the equivalent of a Sunday shopping trip in a small town where no shops are open. The music could have come from an elevator's playlist and the combination of the two is like a choice between having to drink piss and chew a couple of links of dog dirt.

I know I've waxed lyrical on this song before - it's just that I can't comprehend that someone has managed to produce a worse song than Call My Name, and from an artist that I quite liked before.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clair ~ Gilbert O'Sullivan

I normally like Sundays, not just for coming here (!), but for 2 oldies shows in particular ie The Show that Time Forgot on Tameside Radio and Revolution Rewind on The Revolution 97.2. However, both these shows have played this sing today. Sure, it is melodic but feels SO SO depressing.
  • casperfan2002@ycasperfan2002@y Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Queen-Bohemian Rhapsody-just hideous!
    The Beatles-Hey Jude
    Stevie Wonder-I Just Called To Say I Love You
    Bob Marley-No Woman No Cry
  • eulenspiegeleulenspiegel Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    For me, it has to be be the hideous 'Lucky Stars' by Dean Friedman
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,186
    Forum Member
    Don't Stop Believing (any version). Absolutely despise this song :(

I did like this song until Glee as it is pure cheese but they destroyed it by playing it to death everywhere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    They are usually played in public when you can't avoid them.
    I never again want to hear:

"Perfect 10" by The Beautiful South

(Shudders)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything auto-tuned
  • lolacolalolacola Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Rockstar by Nickelback
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    getty wrote: »
    Anything by Olly Murs...

My tv remote gets instant use the moment he appears. Terrible indictment on UK charts (he doesnt chart anywhere else) that this fifth rate chancer gets any success. Hope the career of this local act ends soon.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    DC 17 wrote: »
    My tv remote gets instant use the moment he appears. Terrible indictment on UK charts (he doesnt chart anywhere else) that this fifth rate chancer gets any success. Hope the career of this local act ends soon.

Mine does too. His songs are really annoying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as much as i used to love this song but now i quickly turn the tv/radio over as soon as "Titanium" comes on i`ve just heard it too many times
    Also Domino - Jessie J
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything I have ever had the misfortune to hear on Heart FM but especially

Moves Like Jagger
    Anything by Adele
    Forget You
    Some retarded piece of crap with a lyric that goes "my love for you went viral"
    Firework
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edge of Glory
    Born This Way
    Anything by Jessie J/Katy Perry/Carly Rae Jepson and any of Maroon 5's recent offerings. And Kid Rock's All Summer Long.
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    For me, it has to be be the hideous 'Lucky Stars' by Dean Friedman

What are you, crazy? How in the hell can you say what you just said? :D Sorry, I couldn't resist!
  • meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm with you on Hey Jude and free crushing sense of inevitability that goes with it :-)
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    warszawa wrote: »
    Edge of Glory
    Born This Way
    Anything by Jessie J/Katy Perry/Carly Rae Jepson and any of Maroon 5's recent offerings. And Kid Rock's All Summer Long.

Maroon 5 and Train have a lot of songs that are the same don't they? not much range. I don't like any of them.

That "I'm At A Payphone" autotune crap gets a click off.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tortfeasor wrote: »
    The Beautiful South made excellent songs and the album 'Quench,' which 'Perfect 10' came from, featured some great ones. I actually saw them live when they were promoting the 'Quench' album - a brilliant concert at Bath Pavilion. I still think 'The Lure of the Sea' should have been released as a single. 'How Long's A Tear Take To Dry' was the strongest single from the 'Quench' album IMO. However, I think 'Perfect 10' is one of their most overplayed tracks.

Of all the usual I hear most frequently, for some reason I still love 'Rotterdam.' It's tracks like 'My Book,' 'You Keep It All In,' 'I'll Sail This Ship Alone,' 'Liar's Bar' and 'Bell Bottomed Tear' that should be played more often.
    Probably cos Perfect 10 was used as the theme for Fat Friends... would be good if the Beeb were able to get the rights for a run... put it out on BBC3 or 4 as part of an Alison Steadman season.
    (Unlikely that ITV would rerun it)
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh - re a song I never ever want to hear again? I can quite a specific COVER I don't want to - Steps' cover of Tragedy.

if you want ot play it, PLAY THE BEE GEES VERSION! PLEASE!
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .....contd
    Little Things - One Direction
  • royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, the YMCA. Its so tacky and played at wedding parties and things
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Bruno Mars - Just the Way You Are - hated it the first time I heard it
    Anything by Tears for Fears
    Anything by Ne-Yo
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    Another I'd hope to never have to listen to EVER again is 'Low' by Flo Rida. Give me 'Low Rider' by War any time though! ;)

I wouldn't lose any sleep if I didn't hear 'Dance Wiv Me' by Dizzee Rascal & Calvin Harris again either. I personally think in 10 years' time, that style of rapping will be regarded by some as say Rebel MC's 'Street Tuff' is now.
    Glowbot wrote: »
    Maroon 5 and Train have a lot of songs that are the same don't they? not much range. I don't like any of them.

That "I'm At A Payphone" autotune crap gets a click off.

I agree with the bit in bold especially. Admittedly I liked some of Train and Maroon 5's stuff when I first heard it.

I've heard 'One More Night' by Maroon 5 a lot on the radio this week and it's a pretty annoying one. I think it sounds more in line with stuff from their 'Songs about Jane' album but it does have some of that irritating aspect they've brought to more recent offerings like 'Payphone.'
  • -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tortfeasor wrote: »
    That was the first song that sprang to mind when I read the title thread! :D

I hope I'd never have to listen to the following again:

Girls Aloud - Biology (I was subjected to this by a friend, who thought it was excellent.)

Girls Aloud - Can't Speak French (again, I was subjected to this by the same friend, who thought it was excellent too.)

Pussycat Dolls - Stickwitu.

Nicki Minaj - Starship.

Daddy Yankee - Gasolina (absolute pants and IIRC some radio DJs tipped this to get to #1).

Take That - Shine (this was unavoidable for quite a while).

Mika - Lollipop (remember that friend who thought the Girls Aloud tracks I mentioned were good? Well he also thought this was a brilliant song).

Ultrabeat - Pretty Green Eyes.

Daniel Bedingfield - If You're Not The One.

Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen (sadly this will be one I'll find it the hardest to never have to listen to again!)

Jeff Beck - Hi Ho Silver Lining

Las Ketchup - The Ketchup Song

Eiffel 65 - Blue (I think I'm the sole person out of my group of friends who hated this at the time and loathe it now).

50 Cent - Outta Control (I was having a great night out with friends and the DJ at the nightclub played it immediately after fantastic, upbeat, party music - it was the first time I've ever seen that many people leave a dancefloor at a club)

The Source ft. Candi Staton - You Got The Love (The Now Voyager Mix) - I absolutely love the original bootleg, Eren's bootleg and the various early 1990s mixes of this track but I really don't like the Now Voyager mix. My favourite version is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n4enuTkVZc

BIB - Awh, I love those songs :o