your teams current scapegoat ?

Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
Forum Member
At Leeds it's Noel hunt, with very good reason too, he shit, he replaced Steve Morrison, because of his previous relationship with McDermott 0h and his on 22k a week and he was one if the players who allegedly refused to take pay cut for more than 2 weeks
It all came to head when he replaced Matt Smith Saturday and was booed ad he came on, did sfa when he did too

Comments

• Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Cleverley for Manchester United, I do feel sorry for him, but he is seriously not good enough to play for us.
  • big macbig mac Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A fair few seem to have it in for Hatam Ben Arfa at the minute.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Our manager has managed to take the heat off most of the players.
  • alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a scapegoat as such, but when we take Leon Osman off, the team seems to find another gear, and if he comes on as a substitute, the same bizarrely applies.

Maybe we need to find a way of substituting him for himself in the first few minutes. :D
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    big mac wrote: »
    A fair few seem to have it in for Hatam Ben Arfa at the minute.

Yes, I said on my earlier thread, he is the scapegoat for Newcastle. I can imagine the player is excited about leaving in the Summer, getting away from the crap treatment. Not just from some fans, but management, media and the players, who complain about him. I am not going to have another rant about this, because I will end up getting carried away and could go on all night.
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We don't have one at The Arsenal because when we're bad they're all really bad. Nobody is consistently useless and nobody is allowed to criticise Dear Leader. In recent years Gervinho & Eboue have been the scapegoats but none of this lot are as crap as they were.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tel69 wrote: »
    We don't have one at The Arsenal because when we're bad they're all really bad. Nobody is consistently useless and nobody is allowed to criticise Dear Leader. In recent years Gervinho & Eboue have been the scapegoats but none of this lot are as crap as they were.

Bendtner? Though I suppose he doesn't play enough to count really.
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Bendtner? Though I suppose he doesn't play enough to count really.

I'd forgotten about him:blush: he doesn't play often but the crowd are on him when he makes a mistake.
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Kyle Naughton, Danny Rose, Roberto Soldado, Paulinho, Nacer Chadli, Aaron Lennon, Andros Townsend, Harry Kane, Vlad Chiriches, Younes Kaboul, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Michael Dawson....take your pick! Even Vertonghen this season. The only players I haven't heard criticised are Hugo Lloris, Sandro, Christian Eriksen and Emmanuel Adebayor (recently). And everyone knows Kyle Walker isn't the best defender but he is useful going forward, most people agree.

Naughton and Rose probably take the most flak.
  • mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I said on my earlier thread, he is the scapegoat for Newcastle. I can imagine the player is excited about leaving in the Summer, getting away from the crap treatment. Not just from some fans, but management, media and the players, who complain about him. I am not going to have another rant about this, because I will end up getting carried away and could go on all night.

Added to which., he can make things happen.

Perhaps not consistently, I don;t know. But he can certainly beat players and cross a great ball when he's on his game.
    Forum Member
    mattlamb wrote: »
    Added to which., he can make things happen.

Perhaps not consistently, I don;t know. But he can certainly beat players and cross a great ball when he's on his game.

Yes, exactly. Hatem Ben Arfa getting put on the bench is pathetic, when other players can still get a start, even if these have been poor. It just shows Pardew will play his favourites, even if they are bad themselves. After HBA's goal assist for the Crystal Palace match, he still did not get a start for the Everton game. He earned his place, but never recieved his start.

As a fan of the club and player, I am counting down the days for when Ben Arfa leaves. I cannot wait to see him flourish away from bad management and some petty players. I look forward to see him playing at his new club next season. I think he will go back to France and play football over there.

It amazes me, when people blame Ben Arfa for defeats. He cannot really do much on the bench, if other players do not pass to him and when he only gets 20-30 minutes a game for majority of the matches:D
    Forum Member
    Ben Arfa needs a good manager, who knows how to use him. Alan Pardew has not got a clue how to use the player, in my opinion. I hope the player gets a better manager for his next club.:)
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle Naughton, Danny Rose, Roberto Soldado, Paulinho, Nacer Chadli, Aaron Lennon, Andros Townsend, Harry Kane, Vlad Chiriches, Younes Kaboul, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Michael Dawson....take your pick! Even Vertonghen this season. The only players I haven't heard criticised are Hugo Lloris, Sandro, Christian Eriksen and Emmanuel Adebayor (recently). And everyone knows Kyle Walker isn't the best defender but he is useful going forward, most people agree.

You could also add AVB, Daniel levy and Possibly Tim Sherwood to the list of Scapegoats as the one them is inpet,(sp) Clueless & pointless:o:confused:
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunderland ! .. the whole team this season ! :)
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a Liverpool fan, I find this really odd, but I think our scapegoat this season is Daniel Agger. Which really baffles me.

Despite the fact that we've kept more clean sheets with him in the side, a lot of people seem to be criticising Agger and I can't wrap my head around it. I understand that it's exciting to have someone as potentially good as Mamadou Sakho in the squad, but whenever Agger makes the tiniest of mistakes, some people have been absolutely HAMMERING him. Some are suggesting that he doesn't have a future and a small minority are suggesting he SHOULDN'T have a future.

I think most rational fans still love him, but he's the closest we've got to a scapegoat at the moment.
    Forum Member
    Dandem wrote: »
    As a Liverpool fan, I find this really odd, but I think our scapegoat this season is Daniel Agger. Which really baffles me.

Despite the fact that we've kept more clean sheets with him in the side, a lot of people seem to be criticising Agger and I can't wrap my head around it. I understand that it's exciting to have someone as potentially good as Mamadou Sakho in the squad, but whenever Agger makes the tiniest of mistakes, some people have been absolutely HAMMERING him. Some are suggesting that he doesn't have a future and a small minority are suggesting he SHOULDN'T have a future.

I think most rational fans still love him, but he's the closest we've got to a scapegoat at the moment.

Crikey, that is strong:o
  • mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ricky van Wolfskinkel for us We spent a lot of money on him, and just one goal all season (on the opening day) - athough he has missed a good number of games.

Seb Bassong (the team captain) is also pretty unpopular - he's made a good number of silly mistakes.

Bradley Johnson gets a good amount of criticism too. For not being able to pass the ball very well.

Really though, not many have avoided criticism this season.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom Cleverley for Manchester United, I do feel sorry for him, but he is seriously not good enough to play for us.

I think that Fellaini has pretty much taken that mantle, now.

I think that it's a combination of his excessive transfer fee (not his fault), some clumsy/ineffective performances (partly his fault) and his hair-do (absolutely his fault).

The fact that the whole team have been pony doesn't help, either.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree, a lot are playing below par. Many of the new boys are having trouble adapting to the Premiership whilst a few players are not fully fit because they haven't fully recovered from injuries.

Lennon comes in for some stick because there is no final product, whilst Rose just seems to lack any form of intelligence. Townsend and Sigurdsson have not been rated as much by Sherwood so have been used mainly as subs. Dawson gives his all but doesn't have the pace to be able to play the high line.

I think Naughton has done well in my view and offers more defensive protection than Walker but has his limitations at the end of the day.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »

first I've heard of that, and I am a Liverpool fan!

Joe Allen seems to get a bit of flack sometimes, mainly because he is as good as Carra in an attacking position!
  • Chelseafan101Chelseafan101 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fernando Torres.
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fernando Torres.

His been a scapegoat for years hasn't he:confused: