Avril Lavigne "Hello Kitty"

girlinstaticgirlinstatic Posts: 839
Forum Member
✭✭
Sooooo...

Avril's video for Hello Kitty has just come out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgszo2XTklk

I lost it at the dubstep breakdown :D

Thoughts?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sooooo...

Avril's video for Hello Kitty has just come out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgszo2XTklk

I lost it at the dubstep breakdown :D

Thoughts?

I guess she's selling somewhere.
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its the weirdest song ive ever heard but I strangely love it lol. not a big fan of avril now, used to be until Goodbye Lullaby then I went completely off her but I love this song., no idea what its about though lol
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it supposed to be a mess to go viral and boost Avril's profile? Cos if it is, it'll do that perfectly.

If it's supposed to be a serious attempt at a music video then she's just killed any sort of career she still had.
  • girlinstaticgirlinstatic Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its the weirdest song ive ever heard but I strangely love it lol. not a big fan of avril now, used to be until Goodbye Lullaby then I went completely off her but I love this song., no idea what its about though lol

I agree It is very, very odd :o The backing dancers couldn't look more like bored robots if they tried! I used to be a fan also, I loved the direction she was going with Under My Skin but she's slowly regressed into complete immaturity over the years! She is 29 and still singing about mom being out and pillow fights.

This song is very catchy though and certainly errr... different... will get people talking for sure :D
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So product placement in videos has been replaced by artists actually singing directly about the brand now?!
    I've seen it all.....
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    I still can't believe it made the album let alone going to be a single!! It's a complete train wreck! :eek:

The beat is annoyingly catchy though, I'll give it that. Shame it was wasted on this.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she'll have to pull the video as its being heavily criticised for perpetuating Japanese stereotypes and even racism:o
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This and the Marilyn Manson collaboration are the worst tracks on the album, IMO.
  • JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 12 year old mind would have been so excited about Avril Lavigne singing about hello kitty in 2002.

But really, what a tuneless mess. She needs to grow up!