Options

How was 2014 for you ?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Hope everyone who has had a rotten 2014 has better fortune in 2015.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to read of the struggles some people have had this year! I hope 2015 is a better year for yis all :)

As for me, 2014 has been generally very good with a month of so that was shite (October-November). Me year highlights in summery:

- I got promoted at work. I'm the youngest manager they’ve ever had and I’ve only been there for 18 months and I got a higher position (Honoured that I’m held in such high regard and me colleagues and clients think I’m “funny”. They could have better taste...)
    - Made some ace new friends (had some great adventures and I'm sure they'll be new adventures to come in 2015)
    - Tried loads of new things (archery, boxing, snowboarding etc)
    - Caught up with people I need to see more often (created some new memories and had some happy times - last weeks Christmas meal was a hilarious highlight - great banter with waitress ;):D)
    - My own business/private work is taking off (can't keep up with the amount of work I have on the go, but its all going well and I'm looking at getting a property to renovate)
    - GF finally got a permanent job (after the initial stress I knew she would be successful and she was. Awesome job!)
    - Went away Stateside for the summer (just the GF and I on a little roadtrip - was awesome!)
    - Went to many gigs and live shows (Linkin Park, Gabrielle Aplin, The Gaslight Anthem, Lonely The Brave...)
    - Done loads of travelling both UK and abroad - Dublin, America, Scotland, Sheffield, Manchester, London....)
    - And to top it all off I'm spending Christmas and New Year in New York with me GF and our best friends. Couldn't think of a better way to end the year :)

Only bad moments were in October and November when I lost a family member to illness and two friends (one in a car crash and another in a fatal fall) :(

Aside from that its been an ace year. Role on 2015 - I'm feeling optimistic!
  • Options
    catscradlecatscradle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    I lost my wonderful dad and stepmum in july. Then was made redundant in october. My dad provided for me in a way that I can cut back on work but I would rather have him than the money any day

Also I have rediscovered my passion for creativity and cooking
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has been a year of transition for me. I had to leave my job as they would not hold open for me as I went away for the first time in 12 years to Brazil. So, when I came back I had no job which was difficult and have since started signing on. However, in the long term I think this will be for the best as I have done series of courses on how to become self employed. It has been an eye opener for me as I have met other people in a worse situation than myself and it it makes you appreciate what you have.

Whilst doing these courses I regained some self belief and have gained some valuable experience in accounting, business and administration and I intend to up date my IT skills as I have not really used the latest version of Microsoft Office (last used the 2003 edition when at University). I also intend to look into other areas that will help me start my business up.

I would like to offer my condolences to anyone that has lost someone or had some difficult times and wish everyone all the very best for the future. Regards.
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Added a poll, which sometimes takes a minute or two to appear.

Been a reasonable year for me, with some good spots, especially in the Summer.

Reasonable? You give us five choices, and none of them "reasonable".
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    eluf38 wrote: »
    I won't name the hospital, but the Daily Mail have run several articles about how it is one of the worst-performing in Wales.

You should name and shame. Besides, the hospital/NHS trust will probably be in the numerous performance (or lack of) lists that you can Google. People's lives are potentially at stake here. It's not like you got poor service at your local corner shop.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    You should name and shame. Besides, the hospital/NHS trust will probably be in the numerous performance (or lack of) lists that you can Google. People's lives are potentially at stake here. It's not like you got poor service at your local corner shop.

I agree - name amd shame, eluf.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    eluf should do what makes her feel comfortable i don`t think anyone should be pressuring her either way.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    eluf should do what makes her feel comfortable i don`t think anyone should be pressuring her either way.

I expect they'll do exactly that. There is no pressure being put on here, just advice being given, which can be taken or ignored.
  • Options
    eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eluf should do what makes her feel comfortable i don`t think anyone should be pressuring her either way.[/QUOTE

Thanks Annette. I don't want to 'name and shame' the hospital because overall the care I had was very good. The maternity wards and high-risk clinics, fetal medicine department and the other sonographers who looked after me were wonderful. My problem is with one tactless, stupid, lying individual who acted improperly. I'm also frustrated that the hospital has accepted her denial, believing her word over mine and my husband's; but it is her word against ours and there's nothing that can be done about it.

The doctors and nurses of the NHS have looked after us well; it's the admin and the communication that is piss poor. I've had letters cancelling appointments that weren't actually cancelled, my notes were sent to the wrong midwife, prescriptions are never done on time, my daughter's name has been incorrect on just about every referral letter we've ever recieved... And the problem isn't with this one hospital. Are admin staff so overworked that they don't have time to do their job properly? Or do they not care if they cause problems for patients?

Expect me to start a few more ranting threads in 2015, as we will be spending a lot more time in hospital...:(