Options

Cat banned from Tesco by H & S officials

12346»

Comments

• Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »
    I was just thinking that. If guide dogs are allowed, then why not a cat?

Perhaps because there is simply a tolerance for guide dogs because of the duty they perform rather than some "double standard" at play.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    Perhaps because there is simply a tolerance for guide dogs because of the duty they perform rather than some "double standard" at play.

Plus guide dogs are less likely to poo, wee or generally cause mischief, whereas an untrained cat....
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mango is very well known in the area. If the good people of Tiverton want to shop in a cat-free environment they can go to the Morrisons or Tesco Express.
    I expect a nice cat actually encourages some customers - I would be more inclined to visit a store with a nice cat in the foyer. :kitty:
  • Options
    GibsonGirlGibsonGirl Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    In that case, I stand corrected - you have convinced me that allowing cats, dogs, rats, horses, etc. to practically live in supermarkets is absolutely fine.

What about one of these then?

I also wonder what health and safety officials have to say about this place. If one cat wandering about a supermarket is such a health risk then why is it okay for this particular eatery to have a number of cats going about where food is being served?

To those of you who are concerned about non-humans defecating on the floor of a shop. Take a look at this. Although I would not recommend watching if you are eating or are about to eat. There are quite a few more videos like this on YouTube.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like animals but I wouldn't be overly chuffed at seeing a cat roaming about when I'm shopping for food in the supermarket.

A slight improvement on seeing a mouse or rat though
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    GibsonGirl wrote: »
    What about one of these then?

I also wonder what health and safety officials have to say about this place. If one cat wandering about a supermarket is such a health risk then why is it okay for this particular eatery to have a number of cats going about where food is being served?

To those of you who are concerned about non-humans defecating on the floor of a shop. Take a look at this. Although I would not recommend watching if you are eating or are about to eat. There are quite a few more videos like this on YouTube.

Well there are three rather bizarre and extreme examples to try and make a point, for sure.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Cats clean themselves. Unlike a few people who i see in the shop i work at.
    I agree, cats are meticulously clean. Some of the people I stand behind at the checkout in the supermarket could well take an example from them 'Elf and Safety should be posted by the door of the supermarket to repel anyone who smells or has dirty clothes.