Enough with the bad news....! Only for good news thread!

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's brilliant news about your boyfriend's new job! And fingers crossed for your job applications, keep us posted:)

Yeah, he is well chuffed! He initially applied to be a Police Officer, passed the application stage, passed the assesment centre overall, but failed one part (the written) by 3 marks! They're really strict with spelling/grammar, and I think his nerves got the better of him on the day! But it's bitter/sweet, as recruitment have offered him this role, as his overall mark was good, and PCSO's are not required to do as well in the written aspect. Plus, he can re-apply for an officer's role 6 months down the line if he chooses to :)

Thanks :D, I will do! I'm not getting my hopes up because with the way things are at the moment, they'll probably have a stupid number of people applying for each role, most of whom will probably have more experience than me. It's worth a try though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    I got a lovely box of chocolates from my dog Pogo for Mother's Day! Mind you I did buy them myself and say they were from him.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a lovely box of chocolates from my dog Pogo for Mother's Day! Mind you I did buy them myself and say they were from him.:D

:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I managed to get that really tricky bogie that's been bugging me for days. Result!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    well my good news is that I was on Mastermind on Friday 20th March and didnt disgrace myself according to all of my friends - I had been dreading it being aired as though I looked like a numpty :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    /\

iPlayer here I come
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tesco are paying me back the £63 bank fee I got after they didn't deliver during the snowstorm. :D

Screw you Halifax parasites.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    nice one - glad to see the banks are still running our accounts like they own them lol :p
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    belinea67 wrote: »
    nice one - glad to see the banks are still running our accounts like they own them lol :p

Two fees for one overdraft, outrageous.

I should write to Brown and ask for a refund, we own the damn thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won £36 in the pub on Saturday night. My bonus ball came in at last.
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sun is shining! That's good news, it's been raining all morning:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I go back onto night shifts tonight, now I know that shouldn't be good news but my three year old has been a nightmare today so I look forward to a bit of peace and quiet!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wrote two thousand words of my dissertation today.... only ten thousand more to go! I'm well chuffed at my self motivation and have re-discovered my love of my topic and my degree!

Well done on all the weight loss, I'm very curious!
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clocks go forward this weekend! :)
  • Miriams SisterMiriams Sister Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    I just bought Quantum of Solace DVD from Tesco for £7. Can't wait to watch it.
  • misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After 3 1/2 years, spending hours filling out various visa forms and over two grand on visa fees. My OH has been granted British Citizenship.

Next month we're off to a ceremony at Shire Hall where she will swear allegiance to the crown.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misha06 wrote: »
    After 3 1/2 years, spending hours filling out various visa forms and over two grand on visa fees. My OH has been granted British Citizenship.

Next month we're off to a ceremony at Shire Hall where she will swear allegiance to the crown.

Will you turn the air blue?

like god save the effing queen?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,687
    Forum Member
    st patrick's day last tuesday, went to the x factor tour last wednesday, ireland won in the rugby on saturday, the L word season six starts tomorrow and i'm going to see ruth lorenzo this saturday!!! a great couple of weeks for me :)
  • MidiboyMidiboy Posts: 8,263
    Forum Member
    I've just bought a new laptop and my friend is coming over from Philadelphia for a week - I'm happy :).
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My flatmate just passed his Police medical and will start on the 20th April

I've just managed to get three weeks holiday in April/May and only used two of weeks of annual leave.

My company posted profits 10% ahead of target and we're getting a nice fat bonus at the end of March.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    I won a pound on a scratchcard today!:D

When the lottery first started though I did get all six of the numbers, unfortunately they were on two different lines but I did end up with £20.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Menk wrote: »
    Clocks go forward this weekend! :)

Yeeyy, more sunlight!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bloke I like seems to be interested in me too!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My husband finally starts the job he got 5 months ago next week!
    My son did not come in to pee or poo when I was having a nice bath yesterday.
    I talked to my sister for almost 2 hours yesterday and caught up with family gossip.

Monday night telly rules: Panorama, ANTM, Law and Order UK and The Wire. Bliss.