• Options
    sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    The chipmunk was the best bit :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got back from seeing this, at last! I loved it, I'm a fan of Idina Menzel so it was great to see her in this, loved James Marsden, the musical sequences were fantastic :D
  • Options
    WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member
    Idina is the reason I want to see it, but lack of babysitters means I'll probably have to wait for the DVD :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WillowFae wrote: »
    Idina is the reason I want to see it, but lack of babysitters means I'll probably have to wait for the DVD :(

She doesn't get to sing unfortunately which I'm actually kind of upset about because she and James apparently recorded a duet but it didn't make it onto the album. I hope it gets onto the DVD.
  • Options
    WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I'd heard she was non-singing :(
  • Options
    drystonewalldrystonewall Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took two boys to see it, one 10 and one 7.

The 10 year old enjoyed it and laughed at the jokes, he saw the satire and the irony of the film. He was practically dancing in his seat during the massive park scenes.

The 7 year old sat slumped in the cinema with his hands either cupping his ears or with his fingers firmly placed into them. He was not scared at all, he just could not bear all the kissing and mushy singing.

I found the film funny and enjoyed picking up all the obscure (and some not so obscure) animated animals from various Disney films through the years. I also thought the music was enjoyable, but shan't be going out to buy the CD. It was not, IMHO, up to the quality of the Sherman brothers.
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant film. I can't stop watching the "That's How You Know" song on youtube! Didn't like Idina Menzel (too snappy/annoying) or Susan Sarandon's (not very scary) characters very much but otherwise this film was one of the best I've seen all year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched this film 2 weeks ago.

Loved it!! A feel good movie with loads of laugh out loud moments. It leaves a smile on your face with the ending and in typical disney fashion - everyone lived happily ever after. :)
  • Options
    GurglesGurgles Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went to see it last Fri :D cheesy hokum but loved it. And Patrick Dempsey is great eye candy :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has just been on and I loved it! I've already watched it before, but it has been a long time, so I forgot how uplifting and sweet it was. Everything was done perfectly and all the nods to other Disney fairytales were brilliant (Cinderella-glass slipper, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White). There were probably tons more that I didn't notice. Also, the music was brilliant, especially That's How You know, which I've been listening to on repeat since the film ended!

The only thing that I can criticize was Idina Menzel and the reason for her casting. What was the point in casting her when she didn't sing and was barely in the movie. If they just wanted a supporting actress, they could have hired millions of other people! But, other than that, a really perfect Disney movie that makes you feel happy, even for just a little while.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant film. One of the best Disney films in years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ironic how the Princess turned to Materialism, while the Marketing woman ends up as the Princess in the end. I guess Money does buy you love afterall.
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    11:11 wrote: »
    Ironic how the Princess turned to Materialism, while the Marketing woman ends up as the Princess in the end. I guess Money does buy you love afterall.
    a princess doesnt have to work for money and material things

a marketing woman does

satisfaction of working for the nice things in life goes a long way