Corrie: Izzy's face!

Comments

• summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    I must be the only one that likes her :)
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I think she would be convincing if she just tried to look sad. Instead of crying she just scrunches her face up so it looks funny rather than sad.

I like this storyline however there are bits id change. Like how she didnt really want her own baby but now shes desperate for one. Its not as if she cant have her own so i think that lets the storyline down a bit.

Personally id have liked tina to have been pregnant but not known then had to chose between keeping her baby and owing owen all the money and losing the flat, or not continuing her pregnancy and having izzys baby instead without tommy knowing.

Or in true dramatic soap style she is pregnant with izzys baby but something goes wrong and when the baby is delivered tina finds out she will not be able to have a baby of her own in the future. Then we would see how they cope when they are always running into izzy and the baby.
  • KezMKezM Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »
    I must be the only one that likes her :)

No I do as well :). I feel really bad for her getting let down like that.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever she cries she srunches her face up as if she just smelt something bad. I find the surrogracy Sl very boring, I just wished that they never lost their baby and both could have been happy and we wouldnt need to have this Sl. I'm still confused as to why Tina the surrograte she was never close to Izzy or Gary and Rita was willing to give her the money, so she didnt have to go through with it she could have backed out before Owen gave her and Tommy the flat and money.
  • notlurkingnownotlurkingnow Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone ever consider that her facial expressions might be affected by the medical condition she suffers from?
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish she would comb her hair, she always looks such a scruff. She is able to conceive as well so surely all Daddy's millons would be better spent in getting her the best care and rest in pregnancy instead of exploiting the local young barmaid who has money worries to be their surrogate. Gary acts half mad as well whenever the word beybey is mentioned. :(
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,672
    Forum Member
    You do all realise that the character's face is the actress's face? Just checking, because some of you have said some pretty mean things and have been busy congratulating yourselves/each other on the hilarity of your 'bon mots' without a thought for how cruel some of the remarks are towards the real person who plays the role.
  • girlfrommarsgirlfrommars Posts: 2,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do all realise that the character's face is the actress's face? Just checking, because some of you have said some pretty mean things and have been busy congratulating yourselves/each other on the hilarity of your 'bon mots' without a thought for how cruel some of the remarks are towards the real person who plays the role.

Her face is fine, I just wish she would tone down the awful expressions she makes when acting, in particular the crying scenes. I also wish she would stop using that silly baby-like voice. Izzy is very annoying to watch and listen to.
  • Sarah.OXSarah.OX Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow...this is a HARSH thread! Cruel,much? Agree @norbitonite !
  • BarrieTBarrieT Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    I thought it was just me...but yes her crying is hilarious...reminds me of Blakey from "on the buses".
  • FallingPianoFallingPiano Posts: 962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agree entirely. It's quite shocking the amount of people on here who think it's perfectly fine to go around throwing nasty comments about looks just because they're on the telly. It's like being in the school playground.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BarrieT wrote: »
    I thought it was just me...but yes her crying is hilarious...reminds me of Blakey from "on the buses".

Lol, that made me chuckle, fair play!! :D:D

I can just imagine her crying over Tina's latest U-turn ...... "Oooh I hate you Butler ........ hates you I do ... !!!!"

:D:D:D
  • rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    Which episode was this i wanna see!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How would you feel if Cherrylee houston read this thread.
    Beauty is n the eye of the beholder
    I like Izzy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree entirely. It's quite shocking the amount of people on here who think it's perfectly fine to go around throwing nasty comments about looks just because they're on the telly. It's like being in the school playground.

I agree with you
    you should all look in the mirror, we are not all perfect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How would you feel if Cherrylee houston read this thread.

Not as freaked out as I would be if Whitney Houston was reading it. :)
  • Serenity79Serenity79 Posts: 1,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, some of these comments are just ridiculously mean. Especially those making fun of her being in a wheelchair. You do realise the actress herself uses a wheelchair and that is why the character is written as needing one?

I despair of some people, I really do. :(
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her crying face reminds me of that Stroke advert.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand that character. :mad:

I bet she stinks of cat food.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone ever consider that her facial expressions might be affected by the medical condition she suffers from?
    It's her legs which are the problem, not her face LOL!
  • Serenity79Serenity79 Posts: 1,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strict wrote: »

Just shows how little attention you pay. Her problem is with the collagen in her body. Which is EVERYWHERE.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cherrylee Houston is indeed a very brave actress. Even with her condition, she works as an actress and is not a drain on society. Yes her condition does affect facial muscles. I wish people would do their research before making such nasty comments. See links.
    http://www.ehlersdanlosnetwork.org/hypermobility.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehlers-Danlos_syndrome

http://warta.me/ehlers-danlos-syndrome-jodie-vasquez-is-fed-through-her-heart-via-a-drip-after-being-diagnosed-with-disorder/
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hope you have looked at the links I put up:mad:
  • FallingPianoFallingPiano Posts: 962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This surely qualifies as one of the most moronic posts ever made on here.
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand that character. :mad:

I bet she stinks of cat food.

Loooooooool!!

I don't think this is a harsh thread at all...I think people who have taken a simple observation of BAD ACTING and twisted things to throw a discrimination and unsympathetic accusation are the ones being harsh actually.
    This thread was simply to say she looks funny when she cries....just like people saying Michelle Collins had a poor accent or Simon barlow being a brat....age...colour....creed....and in this case physical ability, had nothing to do with it. Point is....Izzy can't act and cry without looking funny. Period.
This discussion has been closed.