Options

Vicky Beckham at the Viva Forever premiere

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    I think Vic although likes the limelight she didnt want to be seen with the girls because she wants to be seen has a fashion brand and not a non entity girl bañd member. I wish she would smile and whats with the way she stands on a slant.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I like VB and think she gets far too much criticism by both the press and the public, but damn she doesn't help herself does she? She didn't even attempt to look cheerful. :(

Mel B on the other hand looks AMAZING :D
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    She was there to model and promote the plum jacket and white shirt from her clothing range rather than the Spice Girls musical, hence the forced oddness. She's on the catwalk, not celebrating the opening of a West End pop musical.

I think in my time on DS, I've defended every woman from Jade Goody to Samantha Brick but I've never found anything about VB that has made me want to defend her. Her rampant narcissism and relentless po-faced ambition, dimissal of her music career (apart from when it promotes her current career) just leave me absolutely cold. She's sprogged with a footballer and made a lot of money working hard with virtually no talent...which puts her on the same category as Jordan but with millionaire parents :eek::D as well as dragging her kids out every so often to remind us all what a wonderful family they are - which makes her a sort of stylish Peter Andre (and can hear FMs seething from here lol :D).

(Sorry Blondie..off on a slight tangent now :o )So many defence points that I read in forums make me laugh also. "She's a great mum" - how have you deciphered that when she's seemingly always in an airport and I've never, ever seen her with a baby bag? "She's left the Spice Girls behind" - clearly she hasn't - this year she's done nothing except Spice girls, Spice Girls, Spice Girls. I despised the way the Beckhams dominated the Olympics like unofficial royalty and I feel like the press are in a collective coma when it comes to the untouchable Beckhams..which feels very false now. And my personal favourite "You either get Victoria or you don't" - a sort of threat which implies that only intelligent people understand Victoria Beckham and if you don't your stupid. Saints alive.:rolleyes: They're vain, rude, wealth and power driven egotists. I find them quite depressing, joyless, dead-eyed and soulless and every week they give me a reason to reinforce that opinion. Meh.

Rant over :o

Bravo..well said,
    Shame the tabloids don't shut up about this ridiculous stick insect....in fact my friends stick insect , Vicky, has more personality
  • Options
    wonderwall2012wonderwall2012 Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    There is something not quite right with Victoria Beckham imo she must be on some kind of medication as the way she stands and moves her head and her facial expressions are all very odd to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Perhaps she's a robot. May as well be, the amount of personality and warmth she exudes.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    Seriously?! That's just how she is, it's how she has always been and it's how she will always be... It's been over 15 years since the Spice Girls were first inflicted on the world and people still talk about her not smiling?!
  • Options
    wonderwall2012wonderwall2012 Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Seriously?! That's just how she is, it's how she has always been and it's how she will always be... It's been over 15 years since the Spice Girls were first inflicted on the world and people still talk about her not smiling?!

I wasn't referring to her smiling I was referring to her general movement of her body/the way she positions her head/her body language and yes after that her weird facial expressions. It all comes over as very bizarre especially for a 38 year old woman.

And she actually did used to smile years ago, seem loads of pix of her smiling before being a Beckham went straight to her head.
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't referring to her smiling I was referring to her general movement of her body/the way she positions her head/her body language and yes after that her weird facial expressions. It all comes over as very bizarre especially for a 38 year old woman.
    And she actually did used to smile years ago, seem loads of pix of her smiling before being a Beckham went straight to her head.

the posing is really OTT, its as if she has been standing in front of the mirror for days and then found her "signature pose"! Even Kate Moss and other supermodels manage to have a casual pose and are seen not doing the model thing of posing but looking natural. I think that Post secretly wanted to be a model and things this stupid pose works for her. She really needs a good friend or family member to tell her to stop the pose, its stupid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most on here see a stuck-up, vain moo who looks down on her previous life as a Spice Girl but I just see a woman who is really, really frightened. :(

Agreed

I was thinking I see stage fright and public anxiety. Lateness to try and slink in without too much fuss. Surrounding herself with family as a barrier. It's not arrogance and vanity. It's self-consciousness.. and if its so painfully obvious to the public (who often see shy and self-confidence issues as stuck up) then it must be truly torture to be her.

I am self-confident to the extreme, but I don't think I would fare too well in the glare of paparazzi cams and media outlets picking apart my every twitch and squirm. I'd find a mask to wear in public too.
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DSDP wrote: »
    Agreed

I was thinking I see stage fright and public anxiety. Lateness to try and slink in without too much fuss. Surrounding herself with family as a barrier. It's not arrogance and vanity. It's self-consciousness.. and if its so painfully obvious to the public (who often see shy and self-confidence issues as stuck up) then it must be truly torture to be her.

I am self-confident to the extreme, but I don't think I would fare too well in the glare of paparazzi cams and media outlets picking apart my every twitch and squirm. I'd find a mask to wear in public too.

If she suffers that much with stage fright and public anxiety, no one is making her stay in the spotlight :confused:. She's uber rich, she could walk away from it all and enjoy being a mum to her 4 lovely children and devoted wife to her very good looking husband.

The reality is - Brand Beckham is something that her and David will never walk away from, so I'm afraid I won't be getting the violins out for poor old Posh :p
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    If she suffers that much with stage fright and public anxiety, no one is making her stay in the spotlight :confused:. She's uber rich, she could walk away from it all and enjoy being a mum to her 4 lovely children and devoted wife to her very good looking husband.

The reality is - Brand Beckham is something that her and David will never walk away from, so I'm afraid I won't be getting the violins out for poor old Posh :p

yes all of this^^^^ I admit she sometimes looks a bit sad/ill but how can we have sympathy when she makes out all is well and good via twitter etc. If she's happy I wish she'd tell her face that and if not I hope she seeks some help & sorts it out
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    She was there to model and promote the plum jacket and white shirt from her clothing range rather than the Spice Girls musical, hence the forced oddness. She's on the catwalk, not celebrating the opening of a West End pop musical.

I think in my time on DS, I've defended every woman from Jade Goody to Samantha Brick but I've never found anything about VB that has made me want to defend her. Her rampant narcissism and relentless po-faced ambition, dimissal of her music career (apart from when it promotes her current career) just leave me absolutely cold. She's sprogged with a footballer and made a lot of money working hard with virtually no talent...which puts her on the same category as Jordan but with millionaire parents :eek::D as well as dragging her kids out every so often to remind us all what a wonderful family they are - which makes her a sort of stylish Peter Andre (and can hear FMs seething from here lol :D).

(Sorry Blondie..off on a slight tangent now :o )So many defence points that I read in forums make me laugh also. "She's a great mum" - how have you deciphered that when she's seemingly always in an airport and I've never, ever seen her with a baby bag? "She's left the Spice Girls behind" - clearly she hasn't - this year she's done nothing except Spice girls, Spice Girls, Spice Girls. I despised the way the Beckhams dominated the Olympics like unofficial royalty and I feel like the press are in a collective coma when it comes to the untouchable Beckhams..which feels very false now. And my personal favourite "You either get Victoria or you don't" - a sort of threat which implies that only intelligent people understand Victoria Beckham and if you don't your stupid. Saints alive.:rolleyes: They're vain, rude, wealth and power driven egotists. I find them quite depressing, joyless, dead-eyed and soulless and every week they give me a reason to reinforce that opinion. Meh.

Rant over :o

Agree with all this. Additional point I would make is why would anyone be bothered to drag to the theatre and cough up for a ticket to watch when one of the band can't even crack her face about it?

I can sort of understand the miserable face she wears, married to him who (in my opinion) is a grade A sleaze but she could always walk away. She won't though because its all about look at us Brand Beckham. She should have stood proud with the others as this night wasn't about the Beckhams or her fashion but the Spice Girls. The others have all had their successes and their problems but they manage to look like they care about each other and are proud of the Spice Girls which although not my cup of tea, were very successful.

One more thing while I am in the mood, I don't believe she does much 'designing' either!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Who asked you to get out the violins? You obviously prefer getting out the knives. Whatever makes you happy.

I just don't see why she deserves such vitriol. So we don't see her falling out of nightclubs drunk every weekend and rocking up to the opening of an envelope as if it's her god given right to stick her face everywhere and sell any bit of gossip she gets hold of. I choose to respect her for living a very private life and only doing what needs to be done to promote her financial interests etc.

I do not feel the need to get my claws out and bitch at any little thing I can find in order to make myself feel better.

If it had been me I would have gone to the premiere and shown my face like a professional and wouldn't have gone out partying afterwards with the others either. It's not my scene. It is allowed to not be her scene either.
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I have never really thought of Posh as a very private person...only in the last couple of years I can see she has been more that way. She is one of the most PR saavy celebrities ever to come from this country...before Jordan, there was Posh. Sold wedding photos, numourous fly on the wall docs, tv shows, photo opportunities, magazines, books, appearances, the desperate attempts to suceed as a solo artist, the PR attempts at promoting Brand Beckham in the US....and on and on and on.
    I could understand her being anxious but not sure how turning up late would help, of course people would be asking where she was, why is she not with the others, no way are the press going to give up until she made an appearance and she would know that- if anything it drew more attention to her. If she had posed for a couple of pictures with the other girls and then gone and sat with her family then there would have been much less attention on her. I dont care if she turns up, smiles etc but she is no fool and is not so naive as to understand how the media works.
  • Options
    SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    di60 wrote: »
    well dont go then.... simples.

She's got to play along to some extent. When her fashion stuff is finished, when David's at a loose end, when the money's gone... she's going to want a fallback (the type of fallback that the other four are already milking). And being part of the SG can generate a liveable income indefinitely - interviews, reunions, panel shows, signings etc. etc. etc. I strongly imagine her PR advisers have told her not to ϸîʂᴤ too heavily on the SG memory, and at least do the bare minimum.
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    the reviews have been scathing.:D perhaps, she was expecting that to happen and just couldn't hide her embarrassment.

That's a point I made earlier and she has made a career out of fashion which is a lot more than the others have done. Although her designs are quite safe and samey they are gorgeous (and I ain't no fan of Vicky). Why on earth would you want to be dragged back god knows how many years when you have carved out your own successful career. Mind you she could have made a smiley effort.

As for the love gone, am sure that daughter would not have arrived. May e they are not in love but still love each other. One other point I would say at least both VB and DB are more of a family unit than other showbiz types. The kids are a credit to them
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DSDP wrote: »
    Who asked you to get out the violins? You obviously prefer getting out the knives. Whatever makes you happy.

I just don't see why she deserves such vitriol. So we don't see her falling out of nightclubs drunk every weekend and rocking up to the opening of an envelope as if it's her god given right to stick her face everywhere and sell any bit of gossip she gets hold of. I choose to respect her for living a very private life and only doing what needs to be done to promote her financial interests etc.

I do not feel the need to get my claws out and bitch at any little thing I can find in order to make myself feel better.

If it had been me I would have gone to the premiere and shown my face like a professional and wouldn't have gone out partying afterwards with the others either. It's not my scene. It is allowed to not be her scene either.

No, sorry. This woman does not lead a very private life. She is one of the most photographed women on the planet and if she wanted to retire or not be photographed, she could do so - she chooses to actively lead a very public life to make money for Brand Beckham.

In the early days she was forever on the front of OK and had numerous TV documentaries made. Admittedly these have petered out but she still needs publicity to sustain her fashion career. Her life is the very antithesis of private - and that is purely down to her and her hunger for fame and money.
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    muddipaws wrote: »

As for the love gone, am sure that daughter would not have arrived. May e they are not in love but still love each other. One other point I would say at least both VB and DB are more of a family unit than other showbiz types. The kids are a credit to them

There is NO WAY that much longed for new toy - sorry daughter - was conceived naturally - gender selected bought and paid for.
  • Options
    rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spending time with my family or spending an evening with Mel B and Geri? well know what I would do. I like the fact she turned up in a coat, not a wedding dress like Geri 'Look At Me'
    Can't wait to see Viva Forever! Mel C always use to be really snooty about the Spice Girls. I guess the tables have turned. Victoria has found something she is good at. Spice Girls made Victoria famous, but never gave her any credibility unlike the other girls. Victoria has credilbility for her fashion now, and must be hard to go back to something that you wasn't respected. What a lovely family VB has! She turned up, more than what I would have done..
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, sorry. This woman does not lead a very private life. She is one of the most photographed women on the planet and if she wanted to retire or not be photographed, she could do so - she chooses to actively lead a very public life to make money for Brand Beckham.

In the early days she was forever on the front of OK and had numerous TV documentaries made. Admittedly these have petered out but she still needs publicity to sustain her fashion career. Her life is the very antithesis of private - and that is purely down to her and her hunger for fame and money.

Spot on. And should either of them not get featured in some publication, then you can bet one of them will do some kind of stunt to get attention and media coverage.

It made me laugh when they were telling the world they were sick of press intrusion considering no other pair have craved as much attention for the last decade :rolleyes:

Compare Jamie & Louise Redknapp with this gruesome pair. So much more classy and clearly more in love and happy
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    Compare Jamie & Louise Redknapp with this gruesome pair. So much more classy and clearly more in love and happy

Those Thomas Cook adverts were naff though :p:o
  • Options
    Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    There is NO WAY that much longed for new toy - sorry daughter - was conceived naturally - gender selected bought and paid for.

Ooh controversial. :eek::D

I've always hated the way Vicky uses her children when it suits her- Harper is the fashion accessory and she enlisted paparazzo Jason Fraser to take some supposedly 'spontaneous' shots of her frolicking in a Madrid park with Romeo when it was rumoured she was deeply unhappy in Spain. The rest of the time, she is always meticulously careful to cover up her bump in public and seems almost ashamed of her pregnancies, unless it's David taking some 'arty' (snort) black and white photos of her.

Not that she cares of course, but I think the public would warm more to her if she actually looked like she enjoyed being a mother. Someone else mentioned that you never see her with a baby bag, pushing a buggy, or even just doing fun things with her kids like sliding down chutes, swimming in the sea (can you imagine the HORROR :D) or just larking about with them. She wheels them out when they're immaculately dressed simply to compliment her image of the perfect family and I think that's quite sad. They must wonder by now why Mummy never smiles when she leaves the house.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Victoria Beckham's children are her fashion accessories and face to the world that she and him are the 'perfect' happy family when behind closed doors they're probably nothing of the sort.

He might be thick but he knows she's nothing without him so he can have affair after affair and she'll stick with him. She comes across as a miserable, spoilt little girl who sulks if you say no to her, so no wonder he looks miserable. I bet she can be hell to live with.

Watching the inevitable downfall of these two is going to be compelling viewing when Brand Beckham packs up for good.... Can only be a matter of time
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Millie Muppet
    All part of the Brand Beckham ... Styled to the max.. Wonder when the children's clothes will be started in her fashion brand?
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Victoria Beckham's children are her fashion accessories and face to the world that she and him are the 'perfect' happy family when behind closed doors they're probably nothing of the sort.

He might be thick but he knows she's nothing without him so he can have affair after affair and she'll stick with him. She comes across as a miserable, spoilt little girl who sulks if you say no to her, so no wonder he looks miserable. I bet she can be hell to live with.

Watching the inevitable downfall of these two is going to be compelling viewing when Brand Beckham packs up for good.... Can only be a matter of time

See, I don't necessarily buy that. Clearly I'm not her greatest fan, but she is famous in her own right, especially with all the fashion stuff and she is rich beyond most people's wildest dreams.. If they were to split she would no doubt get a good pay off but she's also independently hugely wealthy and could never work again if she wanted to... I actually think the reason she sticks by him is that she genuinely loves him but hates the monster so called 'sex God' that she helped create.

IMHO, he stopped loving her a long time ago but he sticks with her for brand Beckham - even though his 'alleged' affairs are commented on, it's never been proven or publicly acknowledged that he's a serial philanderer..Even he's intelligent enough to realise that dumping his wife and 4 kids would be immensely bad PR.