Options

Have you ever been beaten up?

Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've had a few scrapes in my time, but the worst beating I've ever had was when I was 17 when after a night out was attacked by a group of lads on my walk home. They didn't even mug me, just asked me for a cigarette then proceeded to punch me and then stamp on my head when I was on the floor.

Have you ever been attacked randomly or been beaten up?

Comments

• Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No only scraps at school which i usually cam out better in lol Nightclubs an pubs no. It might have helped most of the time me and friends went to the same club where a group of very tough Chinese guys hung out lol And we got on with them. They were cool as long as no one tried to mess with them which no one really did lol

They would have stuck up for us if any one tried any shit too.

So basically no , im lucky enough not to have been beaten up on nights out or any where.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Certainly been assaulted at work a few times, but never beaten up.
  • Options
    scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member

What happened then?
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, never been beaten up.
  • Options
    makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    No, never been beaten up.

Great input...
  • Options
    Bob_WhingerBob_Whinger Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where do you work, we are curious ?

I have never been beaten up yet. However, I keep reminding myself to stop sticking my nose into other peoples business (arguments).
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I was jumped from behind by a gang of deranged drunk bints whilst out one night with friends. Thankfully two blokes walking passed dragged them off me and stopped them continually stomping on my head/face.

There were two police men sat in a police car not 50ft away whilst it happened too. Didn't bat an eye lid.

Suffered two black eyes. Broken wrist. Several nasty gashes to my head and a particularly nasty Slice along my arm. When I walked over to said police say there they said 'oh we'll never catch them now luv sorry' and carried on sitting on their arses.
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    A handful of times, all in my teenage years. Wrong place at the wrong time in most of them. Mugged a couple of times too.
  • Options
    GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, two weeks ago the most resent. I've taken a kicking about four times in my life.
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    yes coming home from school once . I was about 15 , i was with two of my mates and one lad came up to me asked if i knew so and so...i said, no, he said you do, he's behind this pub...stupidly i went with him! My friends just walked on. He beat the c++p out of me. I was winded and shocked, nose bleeding.
    I can only think its the way i looked because he didnt pick on my two friends, just me. I had long hair like you did in the 70s and had a baby face. Thats all i can think. I was skinny and weak too. Wish i knew then what i know now, i was stupid and naive. Really shook me up and sufffered in later life.
    Stupidly i took my mum up next day and she had a word with the bully!
  • Options
    BigAndy99BigAndy99 Posts: 3,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A handful of times, all in my teenage years. Wrong place at the wrong time in most of them. Mugged a couple of times too.

There is no such thing as the wrong place at the wrong time.

You and everybody else should be able to be anywhere you want!
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    BigAndy99 wrote: »
    There is no such thing as the wrong place at the wrong time.

You and everybody else should be able to be anywhere you want!

Should.

What's right and proper and what actually happens doesn't always match up.
  • Options
    BigAndy99BigAndy99 Posts: 3,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should.

What's right and proper and what actually happens doesn't always match up.

I know Jim, i just had to say it - really gets my goat when i read that - even parents of young kids say it about their own children.

Police too - pi55es me right off - it's so wrong!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great input...

What's your input, apart from commenting pointlessly on mine?
  • Options
    day dreamerday dreamer Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Almost, when I was a teenager. I had a falling out with someone who I thought was a friend and they followed me home with a couple of other people. I had to shut the door on their hand to prevent them coming into my house after me and doing some serious damage but they still managed to get me in the eye.

It was incredibly traumatic, not least because I'd done not wrong.
  • Options
    coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Several times (ex-husband). Trying to fight back was futile as a woman's strength rarely matches that of a bloke's. T**t!
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twice. Both exes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only once badly, when I was managing a pub - I'd gone in on my night off to pick something up, and the landlord was having problems with a stag party refusing to pay for drinks while demanding more. Words were exchanged, and eventually the eight or nine heroes kicked the f**k out of me and my boss - I had a broken arm, broken ribs and a head so swollen and distorted that John Merrick described it as 'a bit much'. I got out of the trade a couple of years later, when I saw a similar incident except the attackers just didn't stop, and were quite literally trying to gouge out the eyes of their victims.

F**k that. :o
  • Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that coldcomfort and dangermoose.

Assholes.. scum and cowards. Are just a few words for scum like those guys.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    I was a few times at school, a couple of times by lads and maybe once by a girl. And when I was 17/18 I got mugged and beat up by three young lads.
  • Options
    aoife44aoife44 Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't, but my boyfriend, later husband, was attacked by a group where someone asked him the time and they all tried to jump on him, there was even a girl there. He knew if he ended up on the ground they would have laid into him and he managed to stay upright and get away with just a sore face and a ripped jacket. My brother got roughed up a bit too one night on the way home having just left a burger van...got dragged some ways along the street until some kind soul managed to get a hold of him, got him into a taxi, asked him where he stayed and dropped him off at home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Several times (ex-husband). Trying to fight back was futile as a woman's strength rarely matches that of a bloke's. T**t!
    Twice. Both exes.

Female colleague at work had been physically abused by her husband, who was then the subject of a restraining order. However, she agreed that he could return one Saturday to collect some of his things, but had to be there because she'd had the locks changed. Poor girl was terrified, so myself and another male colleague agreed to go round to her house early on the Saturday, and hang around until he'd gone. Her Dad was too frail and her brother is in America.

He had the shock of his life when he came in and saw two burly blokes sitting on the sofa :kitty:
  • Options
    day dreamerday dreamer Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Female colleague at work had been physically abused by her husband, who was then the subject of a restraining order. However, she agreed that he could return one Saturday to collect some of his things, but had to be there because she'd had the locks changed. Poor girl was terrified, so myself and another male colleague agreed to go round to her house early on the Saturday, and hang around until he'd gone. Her Dad was too frail and her brother is in America.

He had the shock of his life when he came in and saw two burly blokes sitting on the sofa :kitty:

That was really good of you and the other bloke, blueblade. That poor girl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was really good of you and the other bloke, blueblade. That poor girl.

She's a good egg and needed a helping hand. It was the least we could do. I'd actually seen the guy before, briefly, in the car park at work when he was waiting for her by her car, and smoking on our work premises, which you're not allowed to do. Got bad vibes from him then.
  • Options
    MintMint Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mugged once and assaulted quite a few times. But the only time that I have ever really been set upon it was by pigeons! blush: