Options

FORMULA 1: Who would you like to win the F1 Driver's Championship?

SyqoSyqo Posts: 1,188
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Four title contenders for the final race in Abu Dhabi on Sunday 14th November:

Fernando Alonso
Mark Webber
Sebastian Vettel
Lewis Hamilton

Poll requested.

Who do you want to win? 75 votes

Fernando Alonso
20% 15 votes
Mark Webber
44% 33 votes
Sebastian Vettel
5% 4 votes
Lewis Hamilton
30% 23 votes

Comments

• Options
    SyqoSyqo Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Hamilton wins but that's not likely. :( Whoever wins deserves it IMO. :)
  • Options
    Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Webber. The other 3 will live to fight another day.
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Alonso.

Recon one of the Red bulls will snatch it though.
  • Options
    Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If not Hamilton then I would like Mark Webber to win, he always comes across as a nice guy and he has put the effort in over the years.

Just please don't let it be Alonso, I can't stand him for some reason.
  • Options
    North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather Webber than Vettel, never forgiven him for shunting Jenson off. Hope not Alonso he was such a ba**ard to Lewis. Need a miracle for Lewis to get it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alonso.

If he can't do it though then I'd be more than happy for Webber to.
  • Options
    sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alonso. Deserves it as well as he's been the most consistent. Plus he's come back from miles away which is quite amazing more so when he predicted winning the world title at the British gp when he really was a long way behind.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alonso deserves it the most imo

The Red Bulls have made it incredibly difficult for themselves given the car advantage they have had and Neither of them comes out looking particularly special imo.
    I mean can you imagine how easy it would have been for Alonso, Hamilton or Button in a Red Bull.
  • Options
    samtmansamtman Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hamilton but being realistic Webber and I hope he does it by having Vettel let him pass just like that cheat Alonso did.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like Hamilton but if not Webber, although he's the 'best of a bad bunch' choice
  • Options
    bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just looked at the poll and Vettel has not one single vote shame:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bingoman wrote: »
    Just looked at the poll and Vettel has not one single vote shame:D

He has now. :D

I think Vettel is most deserving of the title. Although everyone gets car problems throughout the year, car problems have caused Vettel to lose three races he looked set to win. I cannot recall that happening even once to any of the other contenders. If Vettel had had the same level of reliability as Alonso and Webber we wouldn't have this poll going into the last race.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has now. :D

I think Vettel is most deserving of the title. Although everyone gets car problems throughout the year, car problems have caused Vettel to lose three races he looked set to win. I cannot recall that happening even once to any of the other contenders. If Vettel had had the same level of reliability as Alonso and Webber we wouldn't have this poll going into the last race.
    For taken out Button and for having the coming together with his team mate Webber whilst overtaking, Vettel doesn't get my vote.

Webber for the F1 Driver's Championship.
  • Options
    yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Webber or Vettel for me. I picked Webber, as I feel this will be his only chance, and he deserves it; Vettel should win championships in the future.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I voted for Webber.

I'm really a Hamilton fan but, realistically, I'd like to see Webber take a championship.

Much as it's hard to like Germans (:D) there's not actually much wrong with Vettel. He seems like a decent enough guy, if a little bit raw.
    The only reason I want Webber to win is cos each year it seems as though the season begins with Vettel as the default candidate for championship glory so he IS going to win sooner or later but this year it hasn't worked out that way so Webber should get the shout.

Not keen on the donkey botherer winning it.
    Where to begin...
    Don't like that Ferrari is still allowed ciggy sponsorship when all the other teams arent.
    Don't like that Ferrari gets to see the blueprints for every other car and has the power to veto any technology they don't approve of.
    Don't approve of the way Ferrari get away with cheating.
    Don't approve of the way Ferrari make use of legal battles in a sporting championship.

Then there's the man himself.
    He has a huge ego and throws tantrums when the team doesn't get behind him.
    He's been thoroughly unsportsmanlike on numerous occasions.
    Blocking the pit-box so that Lewis couldn't get out to qualify in 2007 was about the pettiest, lowest, thing I've ever seen in F1.
    He's quite often seen doing stuff like overtaking his team-mate in the pit-lane so that he doesn't have to queue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    For taken out Button and for having the coming together with his team mate Webber whilst overtaking, Vettel doesn't get my vote.

Webber for the F1 Driver's Championship.

Everyone makes errors, and being the youngest and least experienced of the top drivers Vettel is likely to make more than the others. I think the extent to which some people have criticised Vettel for those errors is hugely unfair. I don't think either of those incidents are any worse than Webber driving into Hamilton in Australia, yet I never hear that or any of Webber's other incidents from this season brought up as a reason why he shouldn't win the title.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have voted but in order of preference it would be Hamilton, Webber, Vettel and then Alonso
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Webber for me this year
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hamilton, but if he fails I'd be perfectly happy to see Mark Webber win it.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alonso for me but I'll be happy for Webber if he wins. In fact I'd be happy for Vettel too.

So to summarise. Anyone but Hamilton.

And I hope that after Vettel pulls over for Webber to win we'll see a hundred page long thread criticising RBR for their use of team orders. :)
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,633
    Forum Member
    And if Vettel doesn't or has a disaster then there will be a hundred page long thread criticising RBR for *not* using team orders in Brazil.

It's a win-win really. ;)
  • Options
    Season 74Season 74 Posts: 7,032
    Forum Member
    If Lewis can't win then i am not too bothered which Red Bull takes it. As long as they don't hand the title to "Fernando Alonso is faster than you."
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Webber or anyone who isn't Hamilton:)
  • Options
    BarbellaBarbella Posts: 5,417
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    I voted for Webber.

I'm really a Hamilton fan but, realistically, I'd like to see Webber take a championship.

Much as it's hard to like Germans (:D) there's not actually much wrong with Vettel. He seems like a decent enough guy, if a little bit raw.
    The only reason I want Webber to win is cos each year it seems as though the season begins with Vettel as the default candidate for championship glory so he IS going to win sooner or later but this year it hasn't worked out that way so Webber should get the shout.

Not keen on the donkey botherer winning it.

Where to begin...
    Don't like that Ferrari is still allowed ciggy sponsorship when all the other teams arent.
    Don't like that Ferrari gets to see the blueprints for every other car and has the power to veto any technology they don't approve of.
    Don't approve of the way Ferrari get away with cheating.
    Don't approve of the way Ferrari make use of legal battles in a sporting championship.

Then there's the man himself.
    He has a huge ego and throws tantrums when the team doesn't get behind him.
    He's been thoroughly unsportsmanlike on numerous occasions.
    Blocking the pit-box so that Lewis couldn't get out to qualify in 2007 was about the pettiest, lowest, thing I've ever seen in F1.
    He's quite often seen doing stuff like overtaking his team-mate in the pit-lane so that he doesn't have to queue.

There's no need for that:mad:

I'm no Alonso fan but stooping to base insults such as this is a little bit low.

Love him or loathe him, he is still the best racing driver in F1 by a country mile. Even Lewis Hamilton admits that he is the driver he most enjoys racing!
  • Options
    RealaleRealale Posts: 6,381
    Forum Member
    I would love Hamilton to win it as he is English, after that either of the Red Bulls as they are based in MK and my mate works there, preferably Webber as he seems like a nice bloke.