Options

Whitney Houston dead

Comments

• Options
    cuttysarkcuttysark Posts: 1,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damien. wrote: »
    When did I say that they'd be reading it? I just think that after someone's died - the fact that the first thing you can think of doing is posting how she had no respect for herself or her children is pretty low.

The point I was making was that if someone you loved died and people were saying as soon as they found out "they lost the plot", "they had no respect", etc. you wouldn't like it. Bit of respect from your end please..

WRONG ON ALL ACCOUNTS!! If someone i knew died in those circumstances the first thing I would be saying MYSELF was that they had lost the plot. don't be assuming to know me now.
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    and is that an official statement on behalf of the coroner or is it just an opinion?

opinion. She couldve had a heart attack or anything. You can never know. They wont know yet, she'll be under examination. If she didnt have drug issues, you'd have no idea. Until confirmation, as I did with ms winehouse, I remain the same. Saddened, shocked and wondering what happened. And sad for their relatives, especially her daughter. Im sure her family will be there for her.:(
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    CRM wrote: »
    He's on Sky News now...vile little prick.

No doubt he'll be on Lorraine Monday - while she'll say "ooooh noooooo, pooooor Whitney" and then slag her off for being a ex junkie in Saturdays Sun
  • Options
    HappyChappy03HappyChappy03 Posts: 1,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R.I.P. Really sad to hear.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    It's leeches like this **** that THRIVE on stories and "breaking news" showbiz reports....he can't wait for the next one.

I agree. He's odious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cuttysark wrote: »
    WRONG ON ALL ACCOUNTS!! If someone i knew died in those circumstances the first thing I would be saying MYSELF was that they had lost the plot. don't be assuming to know me now.

and you'd probably get lamped by your family. Under these circumstances people get really mad.
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not surprised. Shes been in a drug state for ages.
  • Options
    Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You're the one who is assuming that Whitney Houston had no respect for her children :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People will take more interest in her now because of her death thats a given.. it happens with every singer that has passed.. but no one can deny her amazing talent. So fortunate to have lived during her career. Definately a great loss to music.
  • Options
    cuttysarkcuttysark Posts: 1,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    and you'd probably get lamped by your family. Under these circumstances people get really mad.

Not only assuming to know me but also my family as well, well this only gets better.
  • Options
    DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CNN are also reporting that Whitney Houston was about to star in a film remake called Sparkle.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and your proof of that statement is....................?????

I have no problem in thinking that it is possible that her death may have been the result of drugs and the effects on her body , now or in the past, but until an official statement is made, you cannot possibly state as fact that it is drug related!

Exactly, I remember forum members say the same thing when Amy Winehouse died. It was only when the coroner made a statement saying that it was due to the blood alcohol content in her body which was the cause of death.

When it comes to celebrity deaths, there will always be assumptions to what happened, but at the end of the day a legend has been taken from us.
  • Options
    SamMcKSamMcK Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I was never a fan but R.I.P
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not only assuming to know me but also my family as well, well this only gets better.

im not. but i dont think people would sit there and go 'yeah, spose your right' with a straight face and then just go make a cup of tea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly, I remember forum members say the same thing when Amy Winehouse died. It was only when the coroner made a statement saying that it was due to the blood alcohol content in her body which was the cause of death.

When it comes to celebrity deaths, there will always be assumptions to what happened, but at the end of the day a legend has been taken from us.

Agreed. :(
  • Options
    Jeanie GoldJeanie Gold Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarkBeales wrote: »
    No. I'm just saying she'll suddenly get new fans who suddenly like her music cos she's dead!

Do you mean her death brings her to attention and so fans who wouldn't have listened to her before are introduced?
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member

Yeah her last proper hit worldwide - last single to make top5 in the US, 1999. Its sad her big selling part of her career was 1985-1995. She had a couple of decent hits in the late 90s but since then ...really nothing great. Such a shame, such a waste of talent.
  • Options
    MarkBealesMarkBeales Posts: 3,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So Amy Winehouse wasn't killed by drugs then? Just to clear that up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stash22 wrote: »
    Yeah her last proper hit worldwide - last single to make top5 in the US, 1999. Its sad her big selling part of her career was 1985-1995. She had a couple of decent hits in the late 90s but since then ...really nothing great. Such a shame, such a waste of talent.

Wasn't "Million Dollar Bill" a hit just a few years ago?
  • Options
    sleepasleepa Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damien. wrote: »
    Because of the massive publicity her death will recieve and people will want to be reminded of her talent?

Reminded of her by profit bonusing corporations that probably contributed to the choices and decisions her life led her to, rather than in any way celebrating her now redundant talent?

Some tiny percentage of the sudden royalties will reach her daughter I guess, so...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    It was on the cards...
    once you dabble in that s**t..
    the writing is on the wall
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    MarkBeales wrote: »
    Cue her album going to number 1! Why? Why do people by dead people's albums

Its pretty obvious why that happens -to anybody with a bit of logic. The songs of the singer get played alot after they have just died, people hear them and are reminded of old hits, whilst younger people will be introduced to the songs for the first time. Just the same as promoting a new single works..the more people that hear it the more will want to buy it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sleepa wrote: »
    Reminded of her by profit bonusing corporations that probably contributed to the choices and decisions her life led her to, rather than in any way celebrating her now redundant talent?

Some tiny percentage of the sudden royalties will reach her daughter I guess, so...

I don't think people will think of that when they want to listen to her music... it's just a CD. Would it be better if people built a shrine to her so the record labels won't profit? :confused:
  • Options
    DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC are now showing pictures of the hotel.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ALCOHOL IS A DRUG.

This public service announcement is over!