Nick and Margaret: The Trouble with Our Trains

MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,215
Forum Member
✭✭
I could not find a thread on this so I decided to create one about Nick and Margaret: The Trouble with Our Trains which aired last night (Wednesday 29th April_) on BBC2 at 9pm

Nick and Margaret look at the rail system and whether it is value for money

Comments

• dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They didn't even mention Greater Anglia,which is one of the worst run TOC's in the Country.
  • ktla5ktla5 Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure if GA are the worst in the Country, mind you time keeping can be hit and miss, if only people did not keep jumping in front of trains !
    Think one of the main issues, not only GA, is that the Companies try to run too many trains, then if one is late it is a knock on for hours !

Noticed quite a bit of footage of delays were from a late 1980's documentary about NSE !
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite enjoyed the programme. It did highlight more drawbacks than advantages of rail privatisation, but they did mention improvements to stations since privatisation.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's this Nick and Margaret? Sounds like an old trainspotting couple.
  • StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ktla5 wrote: »
    I am not sure if GA are the worst in the Country, mind you time keeping can be hit and miss, if only people did not keep jumping in front of trains !
    Think one of the main issues, not only GA, is that the Companies try to run too many trains, then if one is late it is a knock on for hours !

Noticed quite a bit of footage of delays were from a late 1980's documentary about NSE !

I've just watched this on my catch up!

Have you ever been on a GA train and endured a journey on them!?

I have been commuting for 6 years and not once have I arrived on time in to Liverpool Street! They cancel trains left right and centre because of lack of crew members and the signalling breaks down more often than it works!!
  • AnonandonAnonandon Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    ktla5 wrote: »

It's the Fens Madness! I don't think that Nick and Marg are bad people but they do tend to walk about like some one, just out of shot is trying to shove a shitty stick up their hooters, whilst making really light weight documentaries.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anonandon wrote: »
    It's the Fens Madness! I don't think that Nick and Marg are bad people but they do tend to walk about like some one, just out of shot is trying to shove a shitty stick up their hooters, whilst making really light weight documentaries.

They are very snooty, aren't they? She really comes across as being a total snob.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    They are very snooty, aren't they? She really comes across as being a total snob.

She does more so than Nick i think. Nick seems an alright type of chap