****ing angry!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,406
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Me and the lady next door do not get on (we share a garden, and I ran out of pegs once so used one of hers that were also in the garden and she went a tad OTT... over three pegs) so ever since we have had a petty feud

Well she took it to the next level this week... So I just got a puppy lab (finally got it leach/ potty trained:) and she rang the SPCA (in scotland ) saying I was "neglecting" my pup

I was like "wtf" even the lady from the SPCA was like "that dog is not getting abused, she looks fine to me" and dropped the case

Just because she barks when is left on her own for the first few times (as pups do, and i have only left her on her own when i go for a shower/shopping/ and no more than 15 mins)

Anyone else had this problem ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Hi sorry I haven't been in your position with a puppy (one of our ex neighbours used to phone around to complain about the kids playing in our garden during the summer hols) :D. Silly cow! Anyway I digress, your neighbour is no Lady!!! I would tell her about the visit by the Sspca and let her know you know who phoned them as they gave you the persons name and also there was no case to answer. It might just make her think twice. As for the pup barking that is what they do. You are so lucky. Enjoy your new babes. :)
  • carolineglasgowcarolineglasgow Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like avasgranny, I'm sorry you're in this position - your neighbour behaviour is not only OTT it is also cowardly. If she thought you were neglecting your puppy, then why didn't she come and speak to you about it? Probably because she knows that you weren't neglecting her but she thought she'd just wind you up anyway. She ought to get a life.

Anyway, I've always found the best way to treat these people if to be overly nice to them as they don't know how to handle it and you'll end up smiling to yourself. I'd suggest saying something like "oh, by the way, thanks for calling the SPCA for me as I'd been wanting to speak to them about something and it had slipped my mind". Say it in a nice way and don't be sarcastic. She won't know how to handle it and you'll avoid the stress you would have had if you'd challenged her about it.

Good luck with the pup.
  • rusty starlightrusty starlight Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    unfortunately this has happened to me. busy body nosy neighbour kept coming over offering to walk our dogs together , saw that we had a dog crate (as the breeder had advised , and she was only crated for bedtime.) so one morning wen my dog was nearly a year the RSPCA came over saying the dog was being kept in a cage and not walked. not true, and he could see she wasnt being kept in a cage as she ran up the door excited to see a visitor and the bedding in the crate was soft and door shut and tidy and so on. so no case to answer for. as a result we got rid of the cage just incase as we felt she was safe without it - not chewing up any wires or plugs and so on.
    now my dad in particular was outraged and so upset. so he wrote a letter to the RSPCA explaining that we had had previous squabbles before and we felt she had become too interested in our dog. anyway they replied saying if she called up again they have a procedure they can put in place if someone appears to be harassing other pet owners. so we were very pleased with that. anyway about a year later she started again, knocking on the door wanting to see the dog - going on about how her brother is a vet and she knows all about dogs and loves animals and gives lots of money to the RSPCA. well one day she tried to come and see the dog and my dad intercepted her on the drive and told her no she couldnt see the dog and she said o well iv bought her a toy and my dad said shes got lots of toys thankyou ... this woman went off the richter scale... she turned the air blue with her language , demanding to see the dog. my dad very politely told her not to swear at him and she stormed off next door to see their dog instead, and i presume give the toy to his dog.
    i think you should write them a letter and explain the situation. as far as im concerned someone reporting you to the SPCA for cruelty is almost on the same scale as reporting you for child cruelty. its awful and makes you feel like crap. in the meantime be completely polite to this neighbour keep your cool and dont swear or do anything intimidating . leave her to stew in her own venom. hopefully all will calm down, but she might need an ASBO put on her. im sure you will have the last laugh. happy christmas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madness, all my dogs have been crate trained from day one and the first night is always a howlfest when they're left on their own but they get used to it after the first night, am I cruel? no.. I see it as potentionally saving my dogs life by giving them a safe place to go to, to get away from the busy house, a place for them to be safe when I'm away from my house. We still have the crates up but we never lock our dogs in them unless they're small pups who cant be trusted around wires etc they just treat them as another bed and often just go to sleep automatically in their crates

Ignore the neighbour, she'll keep complaining and it'll keep showing up shes wasting time, pups do cry it's what they do!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    I wonder if she is annoyed at the pup being there? You said you share a garden, I presume this means the pup uses it? Not saying she's right, I think it's a horrible thing to do, but if you just got a pup and don't even make her aware of it, she's probably mighty pissed off.