Cheap argos 32 inch HDTV Acoustic Solutions is very good

Rd100Rd100 Posts: 1,649
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is the argos description correct? 2 scarts and HDMI? and are there any other connections? and does it look the same as the picture?

I am looking for a 32Inch HD Ready LCD TV, I currently have a Toshiba 28Inch flat widescreen CRT tv and want something a bit bigger and HD Ready but not too expensive so this would be ideal, I was tempted by the woolworths technosonic but i want a silver one!
  • Rd100Rd100 Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it has two rgb scarts, HDMI, component, svhs.

It is a very good set and just as good as my sony lcd
    asdigi wrote:
    is the argos description correct? 2 scarts and HDMI? and are there any other connections? and does it look the same as the picture?

I am looking for a 32Inch HD Ready LCD TV, I currently have a Toshiba 28Inch flat widescreen CRT tv and want something a bit bigger and HD Ready but not too expensive so this would be ideal, I was tempted by the woolworths technosonic but i want a silver one!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rd100 wrote:
    Yes it has two rgb scarts, HDMI, component, svhs.

It is a very good set and just as good as my sony lcd
    that sounds good thanks :) i'll be able to use the component input with my dvd recorder.

Whats it like when people are moving on screen? some i've seen give a blur when somone moves about...

also whats the remote look like and do you know if the sky remotes work it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    The replacement I got today from Argos only has one scart working with RGB...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    I bought one of these at £379.

A quick review:

SD pic quality is very good from my sky box via scart. I have 3D comb ON, and shapness down low, quite impressed.

XBOX via scart - horrid. So I have ordered a component cable to get my xbox (not 360) into 480i HD for movies. Will update on that :)

Connections - 2x scart, component and hdmi inputs.

Build quality - crap to be honest, it does look cheap!

Remote - nasty and cheap, but does the job. Havnt worked out the code to use the set with my sky remote... yet

Audio quality - not bad actually, it has *some* bass, just enough for general movies, MTV etc.

Extras - comes with a stand, and also wall mount brackets, cant complain!

Over-all - 5/5 simply because it was £379 and I cannot fault it! im still grinning over a week later :)