Options

I think Jack Carroll is the worst comedian to ever go on the show.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Worst comedian ever? The only other comedians BGT has had are:

* Jake Pratt (series 1)
    * Charlie Wernham (series 2)
    * Callum Oakley (series 6)

All three of those failed to make it to the final. Clearly, Jack is doing something right. I can't believe people are making excuses - whether he would have gotten through without a disability we will never know so there's no point dwelling on it.

You missed out Les Gibson, He got to final and did a terrible act!
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some of his stuff (the stuff about Kim Jong Un) is very very funny, some of his other stuff is okay. He has good timing but I find his delivery a bit sloppy as he just moves from one joke to another quite randomly.

He's definitely not the worst comedian on the show though, that would go to Charlie from Series 2 although even he was better than a guy on Australia's Got Talent who stole his audition routine from other comedians. The judges made him write his own material for the semi-final and it was awful
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Jack's joke about Kim Jong-un was very funny :D
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jack has plenty of potential, with good comic timing and a dry delivery .... the ingredients are there. Not sure though if BGT and the massive hype is setting him up for a fall. Whereas, I could see him in a few years, ease quietly and effortlessly onto something like the Comedy Roadshow and be great!
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,220
    Forum Member
    You missed out Les Gibson, He got to final and did a terrible act!

He was an impressionist.

Could someone name a better COMEDIAN than Jack on BGT?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    gatis kandis
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    tiggerspp wrote: »
    Lee Evans is about as funny as toothache. He does the same thing on every performance and sadly for him what he does isn't remotely funny. I have no idea why he is still around or why anyone would pay to watch such nonsense! Utterly devoid of talent!

Jack Carroll is 100 times more funny and I don't even think he is that great!

Really? Are you for real? :confused:

Lee Evans is a million times funnier than Jack Carroll. Don't get me wrong, I did chuckle a little at Jack, but to compare him to someone of Lee Evan's caliber is, quite frankly an insult.
  • Options
    tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »
    I laughed, Ithought he was really funny.

So did I , I missed his first audition but read the comments on here and didn't expect to find him funny but I thought he was great
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Jack is the worst comedian to ever go on BGT. I did smile at a one of his jokes which is more than I've ever done at previous comedians who've been on the show. His act was ok but I can only take him in small doses.
  • Options
    QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's people who do comedy 10 times better on Youtube, who don't get the recognition of 8m people on a reality TV show

He is not that good, his self-deprecating approach I don't like, and his other jokes are cringeworthy
  • Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I have to agree. Sympathy vote.
  • Options
    Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's ok, his delivery off the jokes are good. But think he is slightly over hyped. Not in my Top 3

1. Attraction
    2. Lumiates
    3. Fran Lewis
  • Options
    Banks246Banks246 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is really funny and to the posters who are claiming that the people that do find him funny are just laughing because of his disability? Get real.

He can't see if I am laughing at his jokes or not, so why would that bother me.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Jack really that popular? Will the sympaty vote really get him into the Top 3?

He's just a little disabled boy telling unfunny jokes. I just don't see the appeal of it all. I then think would Simon want him to appear at the Variety performance and my answer is no.
  • Options
    youngswedeyoungswede Posts: 2,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find him a little funny though not laugh out loud funny, but i'm not particularly into stand-up comedy to be honest anyway, and he does seem to me like a decent and pleasant kid.

However, I still think the show is milking his disability for a sympathy vote and I think the judge's OTT laughter is put on somewhat. For all I know this could be Jack's own choice but I couldn't help but notice that he was more or less the only act in the semi-finals who they didn't style/makeover, not even his hair. I can't help wondering if it was a producer decision to ensure the complete "unfortunate" and vulnerable.appearance isn't taken away. (and no, I didn't intend to sound patronising here, but i couldn't think how else to make the point!)

I don't think Jack wants the sympathy and I have absolutely nothing against him, far from it, but the producers want it, it brings in more votes and therefore money.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    +1 We overate people alot in this country

On the contrary, this country loves nothing more than to put the boot in.
  • Options
    SupersarahpSupersarahp Posts: 4,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on - why the debate?

Everyone knows he will walk it!

Boom boom!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Personally, my favourite comedian is Lee Evans. Which given his manic physicality on stage makes him slightly different than young Jack :D

Lee Evans has always been a very poor pathetic clone of Norman Wisdom..:yawn::yawn:
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, Jack has a disability for which we all, hopefully without exception, feel great sympathy, both in the way that he, and in the way that his parents have managed. All praise to them.

However, he has another handicap, not serious in any way, thank goodness, but the fact is he is just not funny enough to hold an audience. Ignore the Judges hysterical and totally over the top reactions, the audience at home may occasionally smile, or snigger, but sustained laughter just isn't going to happen.

Comedians have a hard job - they have to sustain laughter and genuine amusement over a period of time.

He tries, he tries hard, but it just doesn't get anywhere.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't laughed at a single thing he has said so far, i do not get the appeal.

He doesn't come across as likeable, and i cannot stand him.

I think he's good, but would an adult comedian that was as good as him and wasn't disabled have gotten through? Hmm... Judges become gutless when it comes to kids or people with noticeable disabilities.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, Jack has a disability for which we all, hopefully without exception, feel great sympathy, both in the way that he, and in the way that his parents have managed. All praise to them.

However, he has another handicap, not serious in any way, thank goodness, but the fact is he is just not funny enough to hold an audience. Ignore the Judges hysterical and totally over the top reactions, the audience at home may occasionally smile, or snigger, but sustained laughter just isn't going to happen.

Comedians have a hard job - they have to sustain laughter and genuine amusement over a period of time.

He tries, he tries hard, but it just doesn't get anywhere.

Yeah, you could easily tell that Simon was faking his laughter.
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Jack's joke about Kim Jong-un was very funny :D

The unoriginal and signposted one?

Jack is the Joe Pasquale of BGT... and yes Pasquale won his show as well... and a marvelous boost to his career it was. That was unoriginal and signposted sarcasm from me.
  • Options
    rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »
    His jokes are predictable. If an adult, able bodied comedian came out with his jokes, he would have tumbleweeds rolling across the stage.

Also, Simon said Jack is the one to beat. That shows that this series has a very low standard.

He said that about 80% of the semi acts!
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rkid wrote: »
    He said that about 80% of the semi acts!

Be fair, Cowell says it even in the auditions and the other Judges are no better; arguably Walliams is worse at a 95% hit rate.

When you see the first or second act on the night being told they are ' the best act ever' then you know it is all false and hypocritical - not that we don't all know that anyway.
  • Options
    JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack's success will depend on his being able to find good material, because he doesn't have a naturally funny appearance like Tommy Cooper or Ken Dodd. He can make something of his disability (like Ronnie Corbett's jokes about his height) as long as he doesn't overdo it.