Options

Amy Not Really Amy?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
Forum Member
EvilRedEye wrote: »
I was looking through the Dream Lord Teasers in The Brilliant Book 2011. 'The only water in the forest is the river' is there. But there's also:
Pay attention - it's not really her

Fake Amy in the forest perhaps?
Joanne1938 wrote: »
Ok, here's my theory,
Everyone thinks that when River says she Killed "Aman many thought of was a good man" that it was the Doctor. I don't think it was the Doctor. I don't think River really is his killer. I think she knows exactly what is going on and where does that leave Amy? Maybe River was surprised to see Donna in the forest because she was expecting Amy? I don't think Amy is the Doctor's friend, the only water in the forest is a River, not a Pond. I think Amy is the Doctor's killer. I think she always has been. I think wittingly or no, she is the architect behind all of the past two years.

Hi,
I came across this while reading another thread
This seems to make alot of sense (to me)
"The only water in the forest is the/a River"
This could mean that amy is not real or is not in the forest refering to FaS and ToA.

Your thoughts,
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    River knew Donna's fate (that she would end up unable to remember the Doctor), which explains her reaction to her.
  • Options
    MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    It's certainly possible that the "Amy" in series 6 is not the original Amy - the biggest opening for that being that "our Amy" was out of sight for 2,000 years- but you could use the same info to suggest that she's always been something other than a regular human - and add more, like living in the ultimate crack-house for all those years.

It's less likely than most other theories - not least because it would entail everyone who knows her - including the Doctor and Rory - being fooled. It's possible - in theory - that the Doctor would notice but play along for some reason but that requires creating such a complete back-story based on absolutely no evidence that it goes too far outside of being provable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere but it seems strange that the Tardis in human form didn't know which one Amy was.

Could this be linked to the two Amys theory
    or the 'is she isn't she' pregnant story?
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere but it seems strange that the Tardis in human form didn't know which one Amy was.

Could this be linked to the two Amys theory
    or the 'is she isn't she' pregnant story?

I just thought she had more to occupy her than sorting out which was which of the numerous "strays" that the Doctor keeps bringing home.:D
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    It's certainly possible that the "Amy" in series 6 is not the original Amy - the biggest opening for that being that "our Amy" was out of sight for 2,000 years- but you could use the same info to suggest that she's always been something other than a regular human - and add more, like living in the ultimate crack-house for all those years.

:eek: Doctor Who is getting seriously dark!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Dukeey22 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I came across this while reading another thread
    This seems to make alot of sense (to me)
    "The only water in the forest is the/a River"
    This could mean that amy is not real or is not in the forest refering to FaS and ToA.

Your thoughts,
    Thanks

Thanks for that. My own personal take on it goes back to the Silent's ship, I think this even't shows they have been with her already for a long time ("your work is nearly done") and I think she is their weapon, whether she knows it or not. Originally I thought that the pregnancy scanner was giving uncertain readings because the silents had put their 'forgetting' thing on the baby as they wanted a Timelord child for their own plans, however now it could be that there are 2 Amys, one is pregnant and the other not. Remember when the Pandorica flew into the exploding Tardis, the Doctor was in there so his DNA, thoughts, feelings and memories might have influenced the re-creation. But so were Amys as well, 2000 years worth, and if the Silents could control and influence her then..........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can I add something further please?
    When at the end of the last series the Universe was fading, people were dissappering and they had never existed. Amelia was killed by Auton Rory and then the Pandorica restored her. What if it didn't restore her, but re-created her. After all young Amy was wiped from existance in the museum, so why didn't the elder Amy and all other prescences of Amy down her entire timeline go too? Because this was a new Amelia Pond, created by the Pandorica when the only 2 peope who had been in the Pandorica were Amelia (well her dead body) and the Doctor. Thus the Pandorica created a human/Timelord hybrid.
    So we have the original Amy no longer existing and a new hybrid Amy. Then the Pandorica flies into the exploding TARDIS, creating a new universe and a new, human Amy. So now we have two of them, neither the original (who is dead). It is clear that the hybrid is the one pregnant and maybe the reason neither can differenciate between the other is because
    a) they both think they're the real one,
    b) neither knows of the other
    c) neither does anyone else!
    If they're psychically connected, one might feel the other's pregnancy, and what influence are the silents having on it (I thought I was pregnant, but I'm not) There seems to be an awful lot of forgetting going on (Sometimes I can remember waiting 2000 years, and then I can't). This leaves 3 questions.
    1) Which Amy is on the TARDIS?
    2) Which Amy is being controlled by the Silents?
    3) Where the Hell is the other one?
    I think the Doctor knows that they are lying to him, but as he cares for them he can let that go and trust. The pregnancy scanner thing he can't let go, because it can't make its mind up. He knows something mre serious is wrong and that (in the nicest possible sense) is why I think he's wary of them.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Joanne1938 wrote: »
    When at the end of the last series the Universe was fading, people were dissappering and they had never existed. Amelia was killed by Auton Rory and then the Pandorica restored her. What if it didn't restore her, but re-created her. After all young Amy was wiped from existance in the museum, so why didn't the elder Amy and all other prescences of Amy down her entire timeline go too?

That's all very complex, but I'll have to stop you at that point. If the box didn't restore, then it would defeat the point of having it restore Amy - it had to demonstrate the ability to restore in order to then show it restoring the Dalek and foreshadow restoration of the Universe.

Secondly, Amy asks the very same question about how she can still be there - and the Doctor points out that they're all just anomalies and will disappear soon. If Amy was chronologically dependent on Amelia existing, any duplicate would be dependent on Amy existing, i.e. if Amy never existed, the duplicate couldn't either.

Since were so messed up that that isn't necessarily the case anyway, there's no reason to suspect anything else.
  • Options
    MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    Just a thought that might help with this theory...

River said the tunnels under the warehouse in TIA spread all over the Earth and had been there for years. The Pandorica was in a tunnel under the earth - buried beneath Stonehenge (believed to have been built around 4,500 years ago) which was put there as a marker (according to the Doctor when he meets "Cleopatra")
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does this mean I'm back to the drawing board again?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hahaha,
    I was right!
    Amy is not really Amy!!!
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dukeey22 wrote: »
    Hahaha,
    I was right!
    Amy is not really Amy!!!

But we haven't seen a forest yet. :confused:
    Unless Amy has been a ganger since the events of Flesh and Stone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But we haven't seen a forest yet. :confused:
    Unless Amy has been a ganger since the events of Flesh and Stone.
    Okay...
    I was right...Abit
    But it still counts :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    I'd count it, good shout