Would you travel with The Doctor?

Brandon_SmithBrandon_Smith Posts: 2,908
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So yeah just wanted to ask since we have a long way to go for more, Who?

Picture it, one winter night your caught up in a heap of alien trouble, slitheen, zygon, autons, you name it. You meet The Doctor he asks you to travel the universe in a blue box to see distant horizons and galaxies, you see all that ever was, is, and ever could be. You meet interesting people that might even tag along, the best of friends, along the way and have a laugh. Although where ever you go you always face death and could be killed while travelling with a complete stranger and you soon discover that not all of space is all teleports and zero gravity there are real dangers.

So in the words of Nine, Trip of a lifetime, would you take it or pass?

Would you travel with The Doctor? 34 votes

Yes
85% 29 votes
No
2% 1 vote
Not sure
11% 4 votes

Comments

• doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,244
    Forum Member
    Of Course I would, and I'd be a permanent traveler, only visiting home rather than staying.

Of course there would be danger, but to experience such a life, such danger would be worth it and all part of the adventure. You can have an accident or worse just stepping out of your front door or even in your own home, so it would definitely seem worth such risks to travel with the doctor. Plus you would know that anytime you are in danger, he would always save you if he could (which is almost always for his companions)

Why anyone would think day to day mundane life was somehow better or somehow even comparable to a life of adventure through time and space (I'm looking at you series 7/8 Clara) completely baffles me.
  • Brandon_SmithBrandon_Smith Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of Course I would, and I'd be a permanent traveler, only visiting home now and again.

Why anyone would think day to day mundane life was somehow better or somehow even comparable to a life of adventure through time and space (I'm looking at you series 7/8 Clara) completely baffles me.

Yeah but episodes like The Impossible Planet/Satan Pit and The Waters of Mars made me think dayumn its not always fun and games is it?
    Forum Member
    Yeah but episodes like The Impossible Planet/Satan Pit and The Waters of Mars made me think dayumn its not always fun and games is it?

Of course not, but as I say totally worth the risk when you could have an accident in your own home living a boring life. Much better to have an accident living the life of your dreams.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course not, but as I say totally worth the risk when you could have an accident in your own home living a boring life. Much better to have an accident living the life of your dreams.

Yeah lol I guess I'll just have to use my own brains when The Doctor isn't there
    Forum Member
    Yeah lol I guess I'll just have to use my own brains when The Doctor isn't there

Well as we've seen you have to have some brains and an open mind for the doctor to even take an interest in you in the first place.

You would have to try and keep yourself safe of course, but if you got to the point where you absolutely had no way out of the situation, he'd save you if he could. Once the doctor has taken you on as companion you generally have a better chance of survival than anyone else in the given area you are in at any time.
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but I would get myself killed on the first adventure... :p
  • Lord SmexyLord Smexy Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Would you like a jelly baby?"
    "You had me at reverse the polarity"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lord Smexy wrote: »
    "Would you like a jelly baby?"
    "You had me at reverse the polarity"

Kinky ;-)
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    Of course, yes. Most fans would, I believe.
  • jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah i would! course i would!

all of time and space for FREE! i could go on a million adventures at 7 am and be back after those million adventures 7:01 am. so why wouldn't i?
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,925
    Forum Member
    If the Doctor took me with him he'd have to keep bringing me back to life so often that he'd lose the will to live himself!
    :D
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    Yes.

Full time.

No going home until the end.

All that running would help me lose weight.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread reminds me of this song by Chameleon Circuit. All about being a companion of The Doctor!
    It's completely terrifying but it's so so exciting. he said i was brilliant and I could change the world. So many places I've been there's so much more to see, we've got galaxies and planets and moons. And an awful lot of running to do.
    :)
  • trilobitetrilobite Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jxbrenna wrote: »
    Yeah i would! course i would!

all of time and space for FREE! i could go on a million adventures at 7 am and be back after those million adventures 7:01 am. so why wouldn't i?

You could be burnt to a cinder in space!

The way my luck runs, I probably would be.
  • joe_000joe_000 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes! Would love to travel back in time ... Ancient Egypt, Victorian times etc.
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way.
  • scardisscardis Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    I've put Not sure because it would depend on where he is in his regeneration cycle. If he's on his 6th, 7th or current regeneration cycle I'd be wary. Any other incarnation, let's go.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    Yes, but I would get myself killed on the first adventure... :p
    So tell me, does "killed" mean stranded on a parallel world, memory loss, lost in time, or functionally immortal for you? ;):D
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found it funny Clara and Ashildr becoming friends and room mates on their diner tardis.

Clara is "between heartbeats" she can't and doesn't need to eat ,sleep or any of the other things Ashildr does.

They are at opposite ends of the spectrum Clara is undead for her "long way round " road trip and Ashildr being functionally immortal gets to live forever.

How long before Clara gets bored and upset with her "condition" and wants to actually die so she can be free and re untied with her mum Ellie and Danny in heaven?.
  • Lord SmexyLord Smexy Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found it funny Clara and Ashildr becoming friends and room mates on their diner tardis.

Clara is "between heartbeats" she can't and doesn't need to eat ,sleep or any of the other things Ashildr does.

They are at opposite ends of the spectrum Clara is undead for her "long way round " road trip and Ashildr being functionally immortal gets to live forever.

How long before Clara gets bored and upset with her "condition" and wants to actually die so she can be free and re untied with her mum Ellie and Danny in heaven?.

Nobody seems to think of this but Clara's status of being "alive" is very much muddy as she isn't alive in the romantic sense.
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. Life is boring and I'd love to travel.