Options

Thomson DTI6300 digital TV recorder..no tv listings

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
Forum Member
Any ideas how to get the tv listings back..? And is anyone's else got no listings..i cant record and the only way i can record is to go to the record planner and do it from the timer, but all it says is timer when i go to watch the programme..so if i record a few programmes i have to scroll through them :(

i have done no end of threads about this machine..Never getting this make again :(

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    Winston_1 wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the make of box and everything to do with Topup TV going under. Change to the 8 day guide.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=69717992&postcount=535

aww thanks..will look tomorrow now and try it..:)

I did re tune it in thinking it was that ..also i wondered why there wasn't anything on the top up tv
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See also http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=69776159&postcount=561 I posted before seeing #535

http://help.digitaluk.co.uk/display/4/kb/article.aspx?aid=6175 hasn't been updated yet.

If you have time, why not have a play with the User Manual to hand and the CAM card out to see how the box handles now there is no TopUpTV to support its TopUpTV-ness?
  • Options
    Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sue_Aitch wrote: »
    The object of that link was updated 3 days ago to mention the Thomson DTI 6300 TopUp but not very well considering the current situation.

The original item is from July 2010 after the Inview 14 day epg provider decided they must stop broadcasting, stating that they had no option due to the delivery method no longer being available as the bandwidth contract had run out. The article lists the Sony SVR-S500 which was a rebranded Digifusion with the software knobbled so that it could only show the first 8 days of the 14 day epg, but it did have Sony branding. Sony offered a £100 voucher to compensate for the epg being withdrawn and Beko (the owners of the Digifision brand since 2005) offered £70 cash.
    Some of the PVRs listed had the digital tick. With the loss of the epg Digital UK removed the Digital Tick for those PVRs from its website. This reaction by Digital UK suggesting to some that the digital tick was now devalued as you could not rely on Digital UK’s Digital Tick PVR list.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for that, Luis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hi..i have now changed the box settings and it all ok, apart from when i record i cant do my own times..I like it to start a bit beforehand and finish a bit later, incase they run over..but the guide is now back :)
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid.
    Strange I can record my own times.
    Main menu -- planned recording -- green button -- alter what you want.

Also using 8 day guide and --
    Menu --Setup -- recording preferences -- recording guard time
    Ignore the message that says "will only take effext when using 14 day TV guide" .
    I did a test recording that added 3 minutes to the end of it .

Hope this helps.
    Regards
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭