Jade's TV show

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cazza23 wrote: »
    *sigh*

It was a joke - directed at Idiotgirle and I think I know her well enough to know that she will take it as such. :)

If she was offended by it, I am sure she'll let me know.

It isn't designed to be cliquey either - just trying to inject a little light relief after the unkind and unnecessary remark made to Jezebeth. :(

I wish people wouldn't create undercurrents where there are none.

Apologies. I must have misinterpreted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    I have to say I completely fail to see what Jezebeths (or any other FM) experience of cancer has to do with Jade. Using their experiences to 'highlight' alleged lies or inaccuracies in Jade's story are also irrelevant as they are not Jade and they are not having her experience. I get really fed up of having to read post after post about certain people being so brave etc for dealing with cancer and then in the next post slamming Jade, her illness, her boyfriend her lifestyle etc. Jezabeth you seem to believe that because Jade has money she should employ people to do everything for her, why should she? Perhaps she wants to keep doing things to stop herself curling up into a ball and crying her days away.

I find it really hard to understand why someone who has been through this horrible experience themself would be so quick to support some of the nasty attitudes on here - as people have said time and time again we have no real idea what Jade is going through or how she is coping. Tabloid tales do not a genuine picture make.

I have no proof whatsoever that Jezabeth is telling the truth about even having had cancer but I believe her because I do not belive that anyone would lie about such a thing - as such I extend that courtesy to Jade.

You get the impression from a lot of posters here that the only way they would believe that Jade is really suffering from cancer would be to have her cancer riddled corpse delivered to their door, it's just so nasty and unneccesary.
  • IdiotgirleIdiotgirle Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *sigh*

It was a joke - directed at Idiotgirle and I think I know her well enough to know that she will take it as such. :)

If she was offended by it, I am sure she'll let me know.
    With bells on!!(and probably a rock in a sock!):p
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CarrieK wrote: »
    Apologies. I must have misinterpreted.

No worries! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say I completely fail to see what Jezebeths (or any other FM) experience of cancer has to do with Jade. Using their experiences to 'highlight' alleged lies or inaccuracies in Jade's story are also irrelevant as they are not Jade and they are not having her experience. I get really fed up of having to read post after post about certain people being so brave etc for dealing with cancer and then in the next post slamming Jade, her illness, her boyfriend her lifestyle etc. Jezabeth you seem to believe that because Jade has money she should employ people to do everything for her, why should she? Perhaps she wants to keep doing things to stop herself curling up into a ball and crying her days away.

I find it really hard to understand why someone who has been through this horrible experience themself would be so quick to support some of the nasty attitudes on here - as people have said time and time again we have no real idea what Jade is going through or how she is coping. Tabloid tales do not a genuine picture make.

I have no proof whatsoever that Jezabeth is telling the truth about even having had cancer but I believe her because I do not belive that anyone would lie about such a thing - as such I extend that courtesy to Jade.

You get the impression from a lot of posters here that the only way they would believe that Jade is really suffering from cancer would be to have her cancer riddled corpse delivered to their door, it's just so nasty and unneccesary.

excellent post i must say i really agree with the last two paragraphs
  • gertiegertie Posts: 5,906
    Forum Member

Well said.
  • gothelengothelen Posts: 287
    Forum Member

Excellent post happy.bunny

I apologise for the shortness of my tone in my earlier post Jezebeth, however as *tiffany* said, if you do not want your life and stories questioned (the way Jades are) do not post them on a public forum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I havent seen pictures of jades head recently but seen you lot were talking about it a few pages back, could she have stubble as a result of not losing all her hair and shaving it off so some is actually growing back?! I know a few people who have lost their hair because of different types of alopecia and their heads were white and pasty when the hair first fell out because the sun hadnt got to the scalp yet, it reminded me of how jade looked in those first few pics i seen of her
  • mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member

As has been said before there is only a small minority who believe that Jade is totally faking it, the rest believe either that something is going on but it is being used for publicity and to resurrect her career or it is being exaggerated, again for publicity and sympathy. The discussions between FM's have been about the various media reporting of Jade's cancer. Jade is a known liar so it is with than in mind that we are questioning her illness and motives. The fact that people have their own experiences with cancer does show the contradictions that have appeared in the media regarding Jade's experiences with her cancer. It would be impossible to have a discussion about the contradictions without referring to other cases. It's these cases which have exposed the exaggerations and even untruths, such as 'smoothing of the glands'. I agree that tabloid tales do not a genuine picture make as you put it but a lot of the 'tales' have came from Jade herself so these cannot be put down to tabloid tales. I am not waiting to see Jade in a body bag to give me proof that she has cancer. If I thought for a minute that Jade was terminally ill with cancer then I would have no need to be on this forum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    happybunny - thank you for so eloquently and politely describing how I have been feeling myself about this . It all sits very uneasily with me. You have explained in a nutshell the key issue. I think there are other posters who share my sentiments as well.

Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmcd wrote: »
    As has been said before there is only a small minority who believe that Jade is totally faking it, the rest believe either that something is going on but it is being used for publicity and to resurrect her career or it is being exaggerated, again for publicity and sympathy. The discussions between FM's have been about the various media reporting of Jade's cancer. Jade is a known liar so it is with than in mind that we are questioning her illness and motives. The fact that people have their own experiences with cancer does show the contradictions that have appeared in the media regarding Jade's experiences with her cancer. It would be impossible to have a discussion about the contradictions without referring to other cases. It's these cases which have exposed the exaggerations and even untruths, such as 'smoothing of the glands'. I agree that tabloid tales do not a genuine picture make as you put it but a lot of the 'tales' have came from Jade herself so these cannot be put down to tabloid tales. I am not waiting to see Jade in a body bag to give me proof that she has cancer. If I thought for a minute that Jade was terminally ill with cancer then I would have no need to be on this forum.

Yes but jades already stated she doesn't know what shes talking about so why everyone then goes on to call her a liar etc is just baffling, she clearly does not know what she is talking about and believes what she says, shes not the brighest crayon in the box, I would just ignore any quotes from jade if I were that bothered by this
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    I don't support anything or anyone.

I could supply a copy of my hospital notes as proof I suppose, but they are far too big to scan into one document even if it was a wise thing to post personal documentation on an open forum about oneself.

I really don't understand what you want us all to say, I really don't.

I believe she has cancer. I am not sure to what extent, but in all honesty if she feels anywhere near as bad as I felt, but can afford to get someone to help her out, then she should do so. There is absolutely no mileage whatsoever to be gained out of suffering if you don't have to. It has nothing to do with burying yourself away and crying. No offence but whoever said that has not experienced this treatment for themsleves and I hope they never have to do so.

You don't get any medals for bravery with cancer, so being brave if you don't have to is silly and uses energy that would be better spent getting some calm in your life and dealing with the ill effects of the treatment you get.

Nobody is saying that she should turn into a bubbling mass of misery locked in her room. Of course she should do as much as she can to remain normal. After all normality is the one thing that's taken away from you when you are diagnosed. The doctors treat you as a sick person and your family and friends can't relate at all.

But to have no help at all when she can afford is is just silly.
  • mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member
    *tiffany* wrote: »
    Yes but jades already stated she doesn't know what shes talking about so why everyone then goes on to call her a liar etc is just baffling, she clearly does not know what she is talking about and believes what she says, shes not the brighest crayon in the box, I would just ignore any quotes from jade if I were that bothered by this

Jade is not as stupid as she makes out. She is a lot cleverer than most people give her credit for and very manipulative.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmcd wrote: »
    Jade is not as stupid as she makes out. She is a lot cleverer than most people give her credit for and very manipulative.

being manipluative doesn't make you clever it just means your sneaky, I don't believe jade is smart or has any intelligence.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    gothelen wrote: »
    Or because she has the ability to pick and choose which normal daily activities she carries on with and has the strength to do so due to the support she can afford to buy in.

So it's not happened in this thread and you are the one dragging it up again hoping for a reaction? How very mature. But then you are Brave Jezebeth(TM) dealing with your daily battle in the only way you know how:rolleyes:

Oh now that was a low blow and very personal. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
    Forum Member
    Jezebeth wrote: »
    I don't feel very brave at all :(

At least once a year I live in a paroxysm of fear in case its come back.

*hugs* completely understandable. Bright Blessings to you.
    Forum Member
    Coughcandy wrote: »
    Oh now that was a low blow and very personal. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

So you've completely ignored my later post where I apologised to Jezebeth? I am not ashamed of myself in the slightest.
    Forum Member
    So you've completely ignored my later post where I apologised to Jezebeth? I am not ashamed of myself in the slightest.

No I saw it after I posted! You lot type too quickly for me. I take back what I have said. Thank you for apologising. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whist it is appropriate and commendable that you have apologised to Jezebeth, you have rather negated it by that last sentence.

No-one would expect you to beat yourself up and eat mud on a desert island as penance but I'm not sure how you can feel anything but ashamed for saying what you did.

Jez did not deserve that; she has been very fair-minded throughout in her posts about Jade - and did not merit such unkind remarks.
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    being manipluative doesn't make you clever it just means your sneaky, I don't believe jade is smart or has any intelligence.

If I've been told I got "40% chance of survival", then I would damn well want to know the remaining 60% ways of surviving it!:rolleyes:

For her to declare she doesn't want to know sounds deliberate so she can easily justify anything to the contrary later.

Although one can also say she's either an idiot or just playing a martyr to enhance the sympathy scale but certainly not scared.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I've been told I got "40% chance of survival", then I would damn well want to know the remaining 60% ways of surviving it!:rolleyes:

For her to declare she doesn't want to know sounds deliberate so she can easily justify anything to the contrary later.

Although one can also say she's either an idiot or just playing a martyr to enhance the sympathy scale but certainly not scared.

Theres no such thing as only having a 40% chance of survival when we are all going to die anyways, jade completely or the press worded that all wrong, she may only have a 40% chance of the treatment working or something along those lines, this was discussed in the last thread
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coughcandy wrote: »

I do believe that goth has apologised - in case you missed it.

Sorry - I type too fast as well
    Forum Member
    Whist it is appropriate and commendable that you have apologised to Jezebeth, you have rather negated it by that last sentence.

No-one would expect you to beat yourself up and eat mud on a desert island as penance but I'm not sure how you can feel anything but ashamed for saying what you did.

Jez did not deserve that; she has been very fair-minded throughout in her posts about Jade - and did not merit such unkind remarks.

I don't feel that I have negated it at all. As I have apologised I do not have any reason to feel ashamed.

If I am still to feel ashamed about my comment regarding Jezebeth (despite my apology) I assume then that you feel ashamed for the things you have said about Jade?
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe jade is smart or has any intelligence.

She cannot be quite as thick as she likes to portray.

Before BB she was a dental nurse - that would require study and examinations, surely?

I believe she also later trained as a beautician? That also requires study and examinations.
  • IdiotgirleIdiotgirle Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jezebeth wrote: »
    I don't support anything or anyone.

I could supply a copy of my hospital notes as proof I suppose, but they are far too big to scan into one document even if it was a wise thing to post personal documentation on an open forum about oneself.
    Jezebeth, there is a world of difference between your behaviour and that of Jade Goody's. You gave us your story as a comparison to the daily Jade hystrionics. Unfortunately, your story is typical of millions around the world and I'm not saying this to do you down, quite the opposite. People deal daily with their cancer with dignity. They'll talk to friends and family because it's not some dirty little secret, but won't broadcast and exaggerate every minute detail to curry more sympathy (or in Jade's case, money.).

If anyone is doubting you, it's to cause trouble. You've been consistent in your story and haven't exaggerated, unlike Jade. You don't have to prove yourself to anyone here.
This discussion has been closed.