Options

Andrei Lipanov to return (replacing Sylvain)

Comments

• Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
  • Options
    jacksinclairxjacksinclairx Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That article is from my local newspaper :D Think Andrei and Heidi could be great together
  • Options
    jackiebopsjackiebops Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel bad for Sylvain but I do love me a bit of Andrei !! I think he has a decent partner in Heidi this time - not really had anyone decent since his magic partnership with Claire :D
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this is the best news ever (I don't mean replacing Sylvain, just Andrei returning!):D

He'd better not get knocked out in the first round this time!
  • Options
    fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another Andre fan here - he's had appalling partners and some unlucky breaks the last few series - I'm glad he's back - and I hope he manages to stay in a few weeks this time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep another fan of the lovely Andrei too.

Shame for Sylvain, but every cloud and all that :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Awesome news! Very sorry for poor Sylvain but with Matt G and Andrei both back all my fave pros are back on DOI. Very happy girl. Wish we could have Sylvain without having to lose Andrei but I will enjoy him for as long as he lasts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    d0lphin wrote: »
    He'd better not get knocked out in the first round this time!

Agreed. I was gutted when he kept going out first despite my votes!
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could never understand why viewers took against Natalie Pinkham - I thought she had the potential to do very well, especially with Andrei as her partner.

He and Matt E are my favourite pros - so hoping he A has better luck with Heidi.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    I could never understand why viewers took against Natalie Pinkham - I thought she had the potential to do very well, especially with Andrei as her partner.

He and Matt E are my favourite pros - so hoping he A has better luck with Heidi.

I hope they do well too. Also hope Matt E has someone pretty good, as he's my fave pro! :)
  • Options
    fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think they took against Natalie - most people hadn't heard of her and sadly the first few weeks on DoI are very much down to existing fanbases for the lesser known celebrities.
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

With Natalie I think it was more of a case of her not being well known - that's always a danger early on when you don't have any obvious fanbase. I do think she was robbed in the skate off though - she was certainly better than Tim Vincent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredsnail wrote: »
    I don't think they took against Natalie - most people hadn't heard of her and sadly the first few weeks on DoI are very much down to existing fanbases for the lesser known celebrities.

This is true. Laura was in the bottom 2 in the first week because I'd guess no-one had heard of her and she was with a new pro.

As we know she ended up 2nd.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    Couldnt be more excited. I was considering giving DOI a miss this year because I find Louie Spence too annoying for words but I have pined for Andrei so would sit through a panel of 5 Spences if I had too. :D

What a man!

Is it bad that I secretly hope Sylvains leg drops off? ;)
  • Options
    FunkyFoxtrotFunkyFoxtrot Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On This Mornings reveal show it was said that it is unlikely that Sylvain will return this season due to his injury.
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,214
    Forum Member
    Hopefully it may also pave the way for Susie to return as well- she never ever got a good partner- and if she had she could have won the blessed thing
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Saw this article in my local paper - gutted Sylvain isn't going to be in it but like Andrei anyway so I'm glad to see him.

I'd have also loved Fred or Colin to have returned as professionals though!
  • Options
    sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely over the moon we are getting Andrei back, roll on sunday night, a big fan here as well.;)

I can droll for 2 whole hours for a change.:):p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sherisgirl wrote: »
    Absolutely over the moon we are getting Andrei back, roll on sunday night, a big fan here as well.;)

I can droll for 2 whole hours for a change.:):p

Get in line! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Special treat for Andrei fans! Interview with him and Heidi from Lorraine this morning:

http://player.stv.tv/programmes/lorraine/2012-01-06-0830/#

Had loads of hassle getting it to work on ITV player so saw it on the STV player. They are in part 2 of the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love this video
  • Options
    Forum Member

Right I knew I wasnt imagining that they performed with him in a sailor costume.....its in your compilation. :D

Why cant I find a video of that performance can someone direct me???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trixitrots wrote: »
    Right I knew I wasnt imagining that they performed with him in a sailor costume.....its in your compilation. :D

Why cant I find a video of that performance can someone direct me???

I have changed my computer sine I made the compilation unfortunately, otherwise I could have sent it to you. The song is Up Where We belong from An Officer and A gentleman and was performed in the one off champion of champions show.

Actually it might be on my i-pod, will try and find it but my son calls me a technical retard so I'm not sure what to do if I do find it!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh that will really help my search for it...thanks :)