How do men like Sean Penn get any women, let alone beautiful and smart ones?

FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
Forum Member
I am absolutely baffled why any intelligent women would want to be associated with him, or men like him. It's not like his abusive, violent, drug using life style is a secret. Wikipedia has a very clear version of it, but simple google search will bring up so much, that anyone with half brain would run seeing him. What draws women to men like him?

Comments

• Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    I suppose being wealthy and famous has nothing to do with it :)
  • SocialaddictSocialaddict Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just searched up who he was......

But my answer is he's got MONEY, and He's SUCCESSFUL. :)
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I suppose being wealthy and famous has nothing to do with it :)

So are some of the women he pulls. Scarlett Johansson doesn't need any man or their money for sure, but there she was, with an a$$ like him.

Or his present model, surely she can get other successful, rich men, he can't be the only option?
    Forum Member
    I just searched up who he was......

But my answer is he's got MONEY, and He's SUCCESSFUL. :)

Here's one long read about his relationship with Madonna.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1157780/Is-Madonna-love-Sean-Penn-man-beat-baseball-bat.html#ixzz1LCez9SeS
  • HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So are some of the women he pulls. Scarlett Johansson doesn't need any man or their money for sure, but there she was, with an a$$ like him.

Or his present model, surely she can get other successful, rich men, he can't be the only option?

Ever thought she's after a man with equal standing in regards to wealth? Rich date the rich so they don't get screwed over.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great - and I mean really great - actor, committed (and award-winning) humanitarian, intelligent, interesting in interviews and doesn't play the people pleasing game. What's not to like?
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Great - and I mean really great - actor, committed (and award-winning) humanitarian, intelligent, interesting in interviews and doesn't play the people pleasing game. What's not to like?

How violent he is?
    Forum Member

Gagging and tying up a woman for 9 hours and beating her up with a baseball bat for starters. Cheating on the women he is with.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abba hit the nail on the head

money money money, its a rich mans world

any1 with plenty money can pull a chick way out of their league....fact
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How violent he is?

Directed primarily at elements of the media, I think, for what he considers intrusion. Hardly unique to Penn. And certainly not something I'd condemn him for.

ETA. Re Madonna, they had an obsessive relationship. Both admit to that.
    Forum Member
    Directed primarily at elements of the media, I think, for what he considers intrusion. Hardly unique to Penn. And certainly not something I'd condemn him for.

He was quite violent with Madonna, and even toward fans.

He served 33 days of a 60-day sentence in the Los Angeles County jail (23 hours a day in solitary) for violating the probation he'd been given for punching a fan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member

His stupid views on the Falklands, where he sat with the Argentinians who like to burn our British flag, and said that the UK were basically fools who should give the Falklands to Argentina, completely turned me off the idiot that is Sean Penn. Said the UK had no right to the Falklands. He knows nothing about the history of the Falklands or about what the Islanders want and should keep out of it, the gobsh*te.:mad:
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gagging and tying up a woman for 9 hours and beating her up with a baseball bat for starters.

Some freaky chicks are into that.
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I really dont know much about his personal life... the Madonna stuff sounds awful though. I guess if he was an alcoholic or took drugs that could be part of it. It was almost 30 years ago though maybe he has reformed himself?
    Some women are attracted to wealth, power, danger. He probably has the right contacts in the industry so anybody who wants better roles could find him useful. I dont find him attractive at all.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna said after the tying to the chair incident he also threatened to cut all her hair off. They were the golden couple at the time too. She was America's sweetheart and he was Hollywoood's upcoming big star.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was quite violent with Madonna, and even toward fans.

He served 33 days of a 60-day sentence in the Los Angeles County jail (23 hours a day in solitary) for violating the probation he'd been given for punching a fan.

Yes, I know he has violence issues, but in the main it's against media/intrusion, and it's not the sum total of what he is. You asked what it is about him that would interest women and I'm just responding. He may be an asshole on some levels but I do still see his appeal - in films, in print, in interviews and what he's done in Haiti.
    Forum Member
    Yes, I know he has violence issues, but in the main it's against media/intrusion, and it's not the sum total of what he is. You asked what it is about him that would interest women and I'm just responding. He may be an asshole on some levels but I do still see his appeal - in films, in print, in interviews and what he's done in Haiti.

Yeah, I get that. And I appreciate your answers.

In these days, though, with all the info out there, violence towards women women even many years ago would be a huge turn off for me. That is why I asked. :)
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am absolutely baffled why any intelligent women would want to be associated with him, or men like him. It's not like his abusive, violent, drug using life style is a secret. Wikipedia has a very clear version of it, but simple google search will bring up so much, that anyone with half brain would run seeing him. What draws women to men like him?

It could be something to do with what begins with 'm'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I get that. And I appreciate your answers.

Here's what's appealing about him - (aired this am)

Sean Penn Today Show interview

Like I said, a committed humanitarian. And his commitment says an awful lot about the person he is underneath the asshole bits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Robin Wright was so lovely
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Here's what's appealing about him - (aired this am)

Sean Penn Today Show interview

Like I said, a committed humanitarian. And his commitment says an awful lot about the person he is underneath the asshole bits.

Tying up someone and beating them with a baseball bat is not humanitarian and it's also not something that can be written of as just a bit of who he is, at least not when your on about someone entering into a relationship with him. How he is in interviews isn't how he's likely to be at home 24 hours a day. Fred West was a hard working builder when at work. Hitler is believed to have been good with his nephews.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member

ETA. Re Madonna, they had an obsessive relationship. Both admit to that.

Your relationship with someone being "obessive" isn't an excuse for beating them with a baseball bat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And still is! :) And her career is thriving post-Penn which is great because she's a really talented actress. His loss.
    Forum Member

She is absolutely amazing. ISn't she quite busy working as well?
  • OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Money, security, success. He has what people want but are to bothered to get for themselves and there are a lot of women who will happily live off rich partners.