Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock

Comments

• Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    No but he will be, if I get my hands on him

"....the cassette allowed you to liberate the best bits from all the different albums and jumble them up in a way that (you hoped) impressed girls."

Because all rock fans are guys, eh? :pYou completely dismiss half the f*cking population & then moan that your genre's dying. How about joining those dots?

These days I'd say half the audience at most gigs as well.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Apparently Motley Crue will be splitting for good next year.

Please try to contain your grief.

I'm not the biggest of Crue fans. However, someone on the Daily Mail site (spits on floor and washes hands) has said that Crue are crap and it took Guns N Roses to come along and wash all this crap away.

Erm, Didn't GnR come from the exact same LA / Sunset Strip scene as Crue?
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    I'm not the biggest of Crue fans. However, someone on the Daily Mail site (spits on floor and washes hands) has said that Crue are crap and it took Guns N Roses to come along and wash all this crap away.

Erm, Didn't GnR come from the exact same LA / Sunset Strip scene as Crue?

They came from the LA music scene but were not 'a part' of it.

You can see elements of it in the video for 'Welcome To The Jungle' in their fashion sense, which was apparently under pressure from the label.

But they basically took the best elements of 'hair' metal, got rid of the crap, and were just a damn talented bunch of guys. Hence why AFD will always be one of the greatest rock albums ever made.
  • Options
    NailzNailz Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motley Crues last album was pretty good. I expect the final tour tickets aren't cheap.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Classic Rock are really pissing me off now. They keep publishing "rock is dying" type nonsense this week and they have even got that c**t Ulrich to chip in.

Knowing just how many great rock bands are out there slogging away, waiting for that break, I am so pissed off at them.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Tombo60 wrote: »
    The Pretty Reckless have been added to the Download lineup, that is another factor pushing me to go, if I stay in the country.

Oh btw, could anybody recommend me any new bands?

I am a fan of System of a Down, Korn, Limp Bikit, Linkin Park
    and I love Ozzy Osbourne's solo material. Prince of Darkness is an impeccable collection of his work and his albums after tht have had some great songs. It would be awesome if he did a Prince Of Darkness Part 2 in 15/20 years.

Tbh, I suspect you're beyond help :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Made me laugh :D

How To Write A Nine Inch Nails Song
    http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/nin-parod/
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't like Nine Inch Nails
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nine inch nailed it :D
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    think we have almost found something we all agree on, nine inch nails are not very good at all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    think we have almost found something we all agree on, nine inch nails are not very good at all

Um, I like them :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member

To be fair to them, they probably are good, just not our thing.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member

lol that's brilliant. "what the hell was thaaat?"

I personally like a few NIN songs but as a whole I don't really find 'them' that appealing. I tend to like the atmosphere of a fully functioning band working together and contributing ideas, and although there's no i in team there is in NIN and it's all about Trent. Talk about a control freak, which is not always a bad thing but he tends to write and play almost everything on the album. Plus there's nothing more patronising than listing the 'Live Band' members tucked away in the album sleeve. It's kind of like saying 'if I could play it all myself onstage I would, but unfortunately I need the help of these extras'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol that's brilliant. "what the hell was thaaat?"

I personally like a few NIN songs but as a whole I don't really find 'them' that appealing. I tend to like the atmosphere of a fully functioning band working together and contributing ideas, and although there's no i in team there is in NIN and it's all about Trent. Talk about a control freak, which is not always a bad thing but he tends to write and play almost everything on the album. Plus there's nothing more patronising than listing the 'Live Band' members tucked away in the album sleeve. It's kind of like saying 'if I could play it all myself onstage I would, but unfortunately I need the help of these extras'.

I always thought Nine Inch Nails WAS Trent Reznor and he used session musicians when he needed them? I'm probably wrong like :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Watch them at Woodstock 1994. Brilliant! Might change your mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I always thought Nine Inch Nails WAS Trent Reznor and he used session musicians when he needed them? I'm probably wrong like :D

Yes, you're right. I think Meglos is being a little unfair on him there. Peter Tagtgren of Pain does the same thing, only without the runaway ego.
  • Options
    Forum Member

It definitely started out as just Trent but then it seemed to grow into a proper band, though I'm not quite sure what it is actually supposed to be now. He's had a few long-standing members come and go through the years, I can even remember some of them.

I probably am being a bit harsh though, I think I have a slight aversion to people who come off as control freaks. Sometimes I think it's best to just let things fall as they may, especially with something as expressive as music.

To end on a positive note, so I don't look like a bi-atch :blush: I do have 6 NIN songs on my ipod - Mr Self Destruct, Heresy, Closer, No You Don't, Into The Void and, my personal fave, The Big Come Down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It definitely started out as just Trent but then it seemed to grow into a proper band, though I'm not quite sure what it is actually supposed to be now. He's had a few long-standing members come and go through the years, I can even remember some of them.

I probably am being a bit harsh though, I think I have a slight aversion to people who come off as control freaks. Sometimes I think it's best to just let things fall as they may, especially with something as expressive as music.

To end on a positive note, so I don't look like a bi-atch :blush: I do have 6 NIN songs on my ipod - Mr Self Destruct, Heresy, Closer, No You Don't, Into The Void and, my personal fave, The Big Come Down.

Ah right :) I don't disagree, credit where credit is due and all

I liked pretty hate machine and the broken and fixed eps, I have them on spotify, the rest are too, well, "this is how to write a nine inch nails song" to remain downloaded for too long!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And now for something completely different.

Video of Sabaton performing live, while taking part in a Spinning class at their local gym.
    http://helahalsingland.se/nojekultur/1.6770458-tv-sabaton-kor-spinning-och-spelar-live-samtidigt

They're bonkers :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh, I suspect you're beyond help :p:D

you cant lump System of a Down in with Korn and Limp Bizkit, System of a down have done some great albums
  • Options
    Forum Member
    you cant lump System of a Down in with Korn and Limp Bizkit, System of a down have done some great albums

Yes, you're right. That was a bolding error :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you're right. That was a bolding error :blush:

consider yourself bollocked :D
  • Options
    urbancoyoteurbancoyote Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Nine Inch Nails can be tremendous, they can also be really bad.They do have quite a number of great tracks though
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any Within Temptation fans here that are getting the new album next week ?. I know that they are hardly Symphonic Metal anymore, but I am really looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tombo60 wrote: »
    The Pretty Reckless have been added to the Download lineup, that is another factor pushing me to go, if I stay in the country.

Oh btw, could anybody recommend me any new bands?

I am a fan of System of a Down, Korn, Limp Bikit, Linkin Park and I love Ozzy Osbourne's solo material. Prince of Darkness is an impeccable collection of his work and his albums after tht have had some great songs. It would be awesome if he did a Prince Of Darkness Part 2 in 15/20 years.

Slipknot are a band that is generally put into the same category as those.
    Can't really help when it comes to newer bands because *clutches walking stick* I'm finding it harder to understand kids tastes these days.