They've thrown EVERYTHING at him and nothing's stuck

ItsNickItsNick Posts: 3,711
Forum Member
✭✭✭
One more day to go and they've failed miserably.
They've thrown everything at him.
They've tried to make out he's racist, they've tried to twist what he says, they've tried to pretend to not understand what he meant when they damn well did know, they've literally thrown everything at him they can think of and guess what, not a SINGLE bit of it has stuck. They've failed miserably.

Comments

• radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ItsNick wrote: »
    They've tried to make out he's racist, they've tried to twist what he says, they've tried to pretend to not understand what he meant when they damn well did know, they've literally thrown everything at him they can think of and guess what, not a SINGLE bit of it has stuck. They've failed miserably.

In the case of the right wing press tv and radio - They ducked out at the eleventh hour. Two faced cowards.

In the case of the BBC a number of its employees broke their required neutrality.
  • Angie_PlastyAngie_Plasty Posts: 6,333
    Forum Member
    I think we should wait to see just how many people actually go to the polls to vote for him before we declare that nothing stuck.
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member

People have not been as easy to 'brainwash' as the other parties and the predominantly left wing media thought. The fact is, many people are seeing and experiencing for themselves the adverse effects of uncontrolled immigration in this country. UKIP's straight talking, without waffle and evasion on the immigration issue has been an absolute revelation and that in turn has increased their popularity.

You have in UKIP's Nigel Farage a man who believes totally in what he is saying - and who isn't frightened to put that message across. The other parties have only themselves to blame for UKIP's emergence as a political force.
  • Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I dislike Farage, the attacks by the other parties have just been completely pathetic and childish.
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    In the case of the right wing press tv and radio - They ducked out at the eleventh hour. Two faced cowards.

In the case of the BBC a number of its employees broke their required neutrality.[/QUOTE]

I would expect nothing less from that left wing rag the BBC. I wonder if these 'tweeters' will be sacked or promoted with a huge pay rise? I wouldn't bet against the latter.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stegan wrote: »
    the predominantly left wing media thought
    Kipper by any chance? Sort of person who thinks the Mail is too left wing?
  • TomWhittonTomWhitton Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it has. A lot of people aren't going to vote UKIP for precisely that reason.
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Actually it has. I doubt very much UKIP will ever get higher than they will on Thursday and they've been hovering at that level for weeks now. Come next May when they'll have to print another right wing comic book manifesto they'll be lucky to do much better than 5 or 6%
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually a lot of people are going to be voting for UKIP tomorrow - there's no doubt they'll increase their number of MEPs. The irony is that this won't translate through to GE votes though - it simply never does.

Then we'll have a load of very well paid UKIP MEPs and no UKIP MPs, and people will think, "Hold on, considering they're against it, they're doing pretty well out of it."

Just like the BNP in 2008-2009 - flash in the pan.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I dislike Farage, the attacks by the other parties have just been completely pathetic and childish.

Agreed.
  • gamez-fangamez-fan Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just like the BNP in 2008-2009 - flash in the pan.

I disagree i think there's a good chance you may see them form a coalition government with the tories
    after the next election
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gamez-fan wrote: »
    I disagree i think there's a good chance you may see them form a coalition government with the tories
    after the next election

Sorry no chance. Look at the pattern of the most recent preceding shire elections to get a flavour of the GE results. UKIP votes stole Tory votes and allowed Labour to take back lots of local authorities. If it hadn't have been for UKIP, the Conservatives would still control lots of larger councils, Notts being an example.

That's why I maintain that Labour's best secret weapon is UKIP.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The racist thing has stuck but large numbers of voters don't care.
  • gamez-fangamez-fan Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry no chance. Look at the pattern of the most recent preceding shire elections to get a flavour of the GE results. UKIP votes stole Tory votes and allowed Labour to take back lots of local authorities. If it hadn't have been for UKIP, the Conservatives would still control lots of larger councils, Notts being an example.

Oh certainly i always assumed it was tory votes UKIP are stealing but im sure i read that alot of the old Labour heartlands in the North of England feel abandoned and not represented anymore by the Labour Party and have now switched to supporting UKIP or maybe not??

Either way i still feel there is a good chance there could be a another coalition government in 2015 with the Lib Dems now a spent force i assumed UKIP would take up the mantle of being the power brokers
  • bluewomble88bluewomble88 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

It's only stuck for people who have no idea how to think for themselves.
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we should wait to see just how many people actually go to the polls to vote for him before we declare that nothing stuck.

Yes, I think that the results will settle whether the combined forces of the media and political mainstream can destroy an outsider movement. Well I haven't been influenced and will not change my vote, what other people do is up to them.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    It hasn't at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member

Labour's Achilles heel will not be offering a referendum if they don't take into account the reasons why a large number of voters will be voting for UKIP in that they simply want out of the EU.

If both Tory and Labour offer up a referendum pledge and then the electorate votes to leave, then for UKIP it will be mission complete from their primary position. If Farage wanted to disband the party after that, then they would have caused a massive shift in policy.
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    It hasn't at all.

Yes it has. It might not have dissuaded the people voting for them on Thursday but it has stuck in the minds of everyone else which makes it unlikely they will ever manage to do better than they will on Thursday without serious reform of the party organisation.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gamez-fan wrote: »
    after the next election
    If there had been PR then Ukip might have a chance, but under FPTP they have little chance unless Farage stands in their main stronghold (but then he'd lose his MEP job)
  • gocompletelynutgocompletelynut Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil 2804 wrote: »
    Yes it has. It might not have dissuaded the people voting for them on Thursday but it has stuck in the minds of everyone else which makes it unlikely they will ever manage to do better than they will on Thursday without serious reform of the party organisation.

And what pray tell do you base that on?

Wishful thinking is the answer.
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Labour do and have to put up with far worse, especially Brown did. They've got a negative piece on Miliband eating today, making fun on the way he eats for gods sake..

The UKIP whining is getting very boring. It's nothing new, other political parties have had to put up such, far worse in fact, and still do.
  • BlairdennonBlairdennon Posts: 14,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    Labour do and have to put up with far worse, especially Brown did. They've got a negative piece on Miliband eating today, making fun on the way he eats for gods sake..

The UKIP whining is getting very boring. It's nothing new, other political parties have had to put up such, far worse in fact, and still do.

I have no recollections of anything comparable except Bermondsey in 83 which was a disgrace, Liberals at it at that time.
  • AndyCopenAndyCopen Posts: 2,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Labour's Achilles heel will not be offering a referendum if they don't take into account the reasons why a large number of voters will be voting for UKIP in that they simply want out of the EU.

If both Tory and Labour offer up a referendum pledge and then the electorate votes to leave, then for UKIP it will be mission complete from their primary position. If Farage wanted to disband the party after that, then they would have caused a massive shift in policy.

That's exactly his game plan. At least he has stopped any further transfer of power to the EU, that is now unthinkable, no more turning up like a thief in the night to give away powers to the EU, like Brown did.

So a job very well done
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I somewhat admire Farage for being the rebel in politics, and I agree the other 3 parties are morons for engaging in negative-campaigning in the first place, AND I'll fully admit UKIP isn't really 'racist', but..

They shouldn't be voted in, and it's worrying/annoying that the stuff that should have stuck, didn't. Namely Farage going on about he'd ban beards above 2 inches the other day. :confused:

Not to mention all of the worrying things they have said and suggested over the last few years.