Bt sport charging for HD

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
Forum Member
Are BT Sport going to start charging for hd next football season ?.Iam a Sky customer with my broadband through Sky .

Comments

• BangersBangers Posts: 3,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT Sport has charged extra for HD ever since it launched. The only people that got it for free were those that subscribed before the channel launched, and that was only for a year.
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got BT sport but im with BT Infinity and have my TV with BT. BT Sport in SD is till free if you got your broadband with BT the HD versions are part of the BT TV HD extra pack at £3 a month.

Darren
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Are BT Sport going to start charging for hd next football season ?.Iam a Sky customer with my broadband through Sky .
    As has been said everyone who wants the HD versions will pay from their renewal date! Also to continue to get the SD version free you have to now commit to taking BT Broadband for the next 12 months.
  • TechnoGeekTechnoGeek Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bangers wrote: »
    BT Sport has charged extra for HD ever since it launched. The only people that got it for free were those that subscribed before the channel launched, and that was only for a year.

People who signed up for BT sport SD & HD before August 1st last year got it free, from August this yr it will still be free in standard definition but £3 p/ in HD which works out to roughly 10 pence a day good value if you ask me
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you took/take your BB via Sky you will/would have to pay for BT sports and the additional HD charge to ? Did you think it was free last year as a Sky BB customer ?

Personally I got BT sports and HD free for the first year,but this second year , the BT sports is free but HD has s an optional charge of £3,I have declined the HD version for this season and will just take the BT Sports channel in SD

Most likely next season ,when BT start their CL and EL coverage ( cost BTaround 900 million) they will start charging for BT sports
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    If you took/take your BB via Sky you will/would have to pay for BT sports and the additional HD charge to ? Did you think it was free last year as a Sky BB customer ?

Personally I got BT sports and HD free for the first year,but this second year , the BT sports is free but HD has s an optional charge of £3,I have declined the HD version for this season and will just take the BT Sports channel in SD

Most likely next season ,when BT start their CL and EL coverage ( cost BTaround 900 million) they will start charging for BT sports
    im a sky broadband customer i was wanting to know if in august i will pay the £3extra
  • missbtsportmissbtsport Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    "Bt sport charging for HD" what is the fuss Sky charge for HD same as Virgin but they hide it in their charge .
  • TangoTango Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Bt sport charging for HD" what is the fuss Sky charge for HD same as Virgin but they hide it in their charge .

Cos people moan when they don't get anything for free.

When it free HD last year why didn't people come on and say how great the offer was?

If you want BT Sport in HD, get it, if not, don't.

Simples :)
  • ktla5ktla5 Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Won't be subbing to HD, against Sky HD not such good value, not even sure I will cough up £7 pm for SD either, could get SD 'free' but held to ransom by BT ! as it will be £430 + Rental & BB + calls
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im a sky broadband customer i was wanting to know if in august i will pay the £3extra

As a Sky customer you will have to pay for BT sports as well,the HD but the HD is an optional charge
  • davefevsdavefevs Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    As mentioned in another topic, I called BT re the £3 HD fee. Although I still had to pay it they reduced my BB and Calls package by £4....so I'm £1 better off!
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    davefevs wrote: »
    As mentioned in another topic, I called BT re the £3 HD fee. Although I still had to pay it they reduced my BB and Calls package by £4....so I'm £1 better off!

I tried to call the freephone number yesterday to cancel HD for BT sport and save the £3 but I was on hold forever and gave up. May try again tomorrow,

I do find it appalling there is no way to cancel this online or by email. I always fear BT are going to con me when I call them - or sign me up for another 12 months when I don't want to.

Sorry - just too many bad experiences in the past where I have been basically lied to by their staff and their computerised billing system generates something totally different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MartyM8

Try this link

http://www.broadband.bt.com/espresso/1_renew/broadband/review/?s_cid=con_email_zone_Espresso1Bonline_HDCTA_060514

I got an email from BT on the 13/05/2014 confirming BT sports was free for next season but the HD version was chargeable at £3 from the 1st of August and giving me the above link to cancel the extra £3 charge if I didn't want the HD version
  • paulhgcpaulhgc Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kind of on the same topic is there any other platform except virgin where you can get sky sports in HD ?
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    paulhgc wrote: »
    Kind of on the same topic is there any other platform except virgin where you can get sky sports in HD ?

Try TalkTalk TV
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulhgc wrote: »
    No, only VM and Sky offer the channels in HD and VM does not offer Sky Sports News in HD yet. Whilst TalkTalk offers the Sky Sports channels, they are SD only.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try TalkTalk TV

Do they offer them in HD, I didn't think they did, which was the question asked?
  • simon194simon194 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think we will but also in October they are hiking the base sub up by £1.50 to £13.50
  • UnrealUnreal Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Don't pay.

If you pay you comply. If the majority don't pay they'll DROP IT!
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,526
    Forum Member
    Unreal wrote: »
    Don't pay.

If you pay you comply. If the majority don't pay they'll DROP IT!

No they won't, for the same reason that Sky haven't dropped their HD charges. Because too many people (not me) are daft enough to pay!
  • simon194simon194 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    No they won't, for the same reason that Sky haven't dropped their HD charges. Because too many people (not me) are daft enough to pay!

That's not actually true. As Sky's HD sub now has subscription channels attached to it and the kickback ITV, Channel 5 etc get from Sky is based on the number of HD subscribers it's the easiest way to sort it out.

Why do you think Sky bent over backwards by paying the start up costs to get the 3 ITV HD channels up and running as quickly as possible? It was because they were finding it increasingly hard to justify the HD sub as an actual subscription to it's customers and as they say "don't look a gift horse ..." etc. etc.. End of problem.