Options

Raoul Moat's Accomplices Guilty

The VixenThe Vixen Posts: 9,829
Forum Member
http://news.sky.com/skynews/UK-News

After a five week trial, Ness was convicted of murdering Mr Brown.

Both defendants of conspiracy to murder, attempted murder and robbery.

Ness was also convicted of possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life. Awan was cleared of that charge.

PC Rathband hugged his sobbing wife Kath in the public gallery as the verdicts were delivered.

Detective Superintendent Jim Napier of Northumbria Police said: "These are people who clearly think it is wise and clever to help somebody like Raoul Moat kill in cold blood.

"I can only think it is misplaced loyalty. They nailed their colours to the mast in terms of helping Raoul Moat and they probably thought they would get away with it."

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    Let's hope they're looking at lengthy sentences, life has been mentioned.

Two less on the streets.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great verdict. Hope the sentences are lengthy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Great verdict. Hope the sentences are lengthy.

Me too, they tried to say he'd kidnapped them but was struggling to explain how they had popped into the local shops to get a snacks a drinks.

Tough one that, thankfully the jury weren't stupid.
  • Options
    varialectiovarialectio Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Raoul Moat's Accomplices Guilty"

By definition! If they hadn't been guilty, they wouldn't have been accomplices, :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "Raoul Moat's Accomplices Guilty"

By definition! If they hadn't been guilty, they wouldn't have been accomplices, :D

God loves a smart arse. I don't.;);):D:D

Usually a Moat thread would be rocking we've been Tsunami'd out.
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see them caged.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Where's wns?. We need some crappy poetry to accompany this excellent news :)
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Serves them right the stupid t*****s
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Where's wns?. We need some crappy poetry to accompany this excellent news :)

There once was a very bad man,
    He shot his exes new man,
    Ness murdered Brown,
    And now he feels down,
    As he'll spend many years in the can.
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Vixen wrote: »
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/UK-News

After a five week trial, Ness was convicted of murdering Mr Brown.

Both defendants of conspiracy to murder, attempted murder and robbery.

Ness was also convicted of possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life. Awan was cleared of that charge.

PC Rathband hugged his sobbing wife Kath in the public gallery as the verdicts were delivered.

Detective Superintendent Jim Napier of Northumbria Police said: "These are people who clearly think it is wise and clever to help somebody like Raoul Moat kill in cold blood.

"I can only think it is misplaced loyalty. They nailed their colours to the mast in terms of helping Raoul Moat and they probably thought they would get away with it."

A long career in the cliche squad awaits Det. Supt. Napier
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A long career in the cliche squad awaits Det. Supt. Napier

Hahahahaha excellent, well spotted.

What a star performer you are!

Dyed in the wool cliche spotter

Brain of Britain in the posting department

and

a real card for making me laugh.

Well spotted I enjoyed that.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Life sentences for both - 40 yrs minimum for one, 20 yrs minimum for the other
  • Options
    SeanHunterSeanHunter Posts: 1,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    Life sentences for both - 40 yrs minimum for one, 20 yrs minimum for the other

And that's for not actually doing any killing themselves.

What will Gazza get for trying to give Moat a fish supper during it all?
  • Options
    *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good result. I'm quite shocked one got 40 years but I'm not going to complain about it! If only more people got hefty sentences like that.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SeanHunter wrote: »

Helping someone to commit a murder is treated the same as if you actually carried it out.

In *some* ways what these guys did was actually worse than Moats actions - he was obviously highly volatile and mentally unstable and they still egged him on and helped him carry out his crimes regardless. That doesn't excuse or downplay Moats actions btw.

Without their actions would he have been in a position to shoot Chris Brown?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Clem* wrote: »
    Good result. I'm quite shocked one got 40 years but I'm not going to complain about it! If only more people got hefty sentences like that.

"They should bring back hanging for people who kill policemen and DJs."
    - Mike Smash, Smash FM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    Helping someone to commit a murder is treated the same as if you actually carried it out.

In *some* ways what these guys did was actually worse than Moats actions - he was obviously highly volatile and mentally unstable and they still egged him on and helped him carry out his crimes regardless. That doesn't excuse or downplay Moats actions btw.

Without their actions would he have been in a position to shoot Chris Brown?

I didn't even know about these guys until today.

Until today I thought Moat was a lone nutjob. That's what the tabloids described him as - a loner, a solitary nutter. Yet here, he had friends all along. Bet they wish they weren't now. Idiots.

It's a bit like Maxine Carr - had nothing to do with the Soham killings, was 100 miles away at the time, but was classed by many as "worse than him". Someone has to draw all the hate. Moat is dead, the police are mightily p*ssed, they can't get Moat so the pals get what he would have got.

Me, I'd ban all handguns, shotguns, every kind of gun. I don't see why anyone outside the police or the armed forces should have a gun in this country. Guns don't turn people into nutters, but they can turn nutters into mass murderers. Without a gun, Moat would have probably ended up brawling in the local pub and got his jaw slapped.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    I'm sure someone who is hellbent on shooting someone, will find a gun somehow.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit like Maxine Carr - had nothing to do with the Soham killings, was 100 miles away at the time, but was classed by many as "worse than him".
    These people actively assisted in what Moat did, all Carr did was give an alibi.
  • Options
    Drunken BumDrunken Bum Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forty years. Doesn't bear thinking about, that's some stretch. Only himself to blame though.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's a bit like Maxine Carr - had nothing to do with the Soham killings, was 100 miles away at the time, but was classed by many as "worse than him". Someone has to draw all the hate. Moat is dead, the police are mightily p*ssed, they can't get Moat so the pals get what he would have got.

No comparison - "all" she did was tell a lie.

These guys egged Moat on and were actually present and helping him when he went postal.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Six months in the rehab clinic I'd imagine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know one of them, he's the son of the shopkeeper in the village where I was brought up in Northumberland, never would have guessed he would end up getting involved in nasty crap like this..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't even know about these guys until today.

Until today I thought Moat was a lone nutjob. That's what the tabloids described him as - a loner, a solitary nutter. Yet here, he had friends all along. Bet they wish they weren't now. Idiots.

Me, I'd ban all handguns, shotguns, every kind of gun. I don't see why anyone outside the police or the armed forces should have a gun in this country. Guns don't turn people into nutters, but they can turn nutters into mass murderers. Without a gun, Moat would have probably ended up brawling in the local pub and got his jaw slapped.

Carr and these two aided and abetted murderers.
    In Carr's case the girls were already dead sadly by the time she found out about it.

In these two thuggish morons case they were accessories and helping him before the murders, they could have prevented the policeman being blinded, the boyfriend being killed and the ex girlfriend being mained.

If they chose to go to the police about Moat none of that would have happened.

PS if we banned all guns we'd be overrun with rats and more would die of Weils disease than have been shot by spree killers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »

These guys egged Moat on and were actually present and helping him when he went postal.

And reading through the reports, I am at a loss as to why. They didn't have an axe to grind with anybody. What a pair of clowns.