Options

John Travolta accused of making advances to his masseur

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I also think this. The only thing I don't get is why he just can't walk away? Sure, they have loads of stuff on him, but really, at this stage, nothing they've got can hurt him. What he's being charged with at the moment on the other hand could really damage him, and not just career-wise.

According to this thread it would mean him being cut off from his children.
  • Options
    Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    I also think this. The only thing I don't get is why he just can't walk away? Sure, they have loads of stuff on him, but really, at this stage, nothing they've got can hurt him. What he's being charged with at the moment on the other hand could really damage him, and not just career-wise.

Have you seen what they can do to people who 'just walk away'?

Also: there's a very good chance they'll have more on him than just him being gay to hold over him.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizarre korean animation of the incident

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRtiOD7XGvs
  • Options
    duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I fear to say it's this: all his money and his family - he'd probably never be able to see them again

But, what kind of life is he living and how much money are the $cientologts making off of him?

If he was to leave, my god, it would be the end for them - T Cruise might follow suit, who knows???

Thing is, JT would be as much loved and famous without the $cientologists. Hope he's reading this.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rose*~* wrote: »
    Have you seen what they can do to people who 'just walk away'?

Also: there's a very good chance they'll have more on him than just him being gay to hold over him.

Yes, I'm aware of what happens to those who bail, thanks.

Whatever they have on him (and I've read a bit about what that likely is), most people are wise to the CoS now, know its tactics, know its dangers, and most of all know the extreme measures they use to keep people under their roof. Ergo, no matter what's there in the CoS vaults, it can't do him any more damage than what's happening to him now, with all these desperately sleazy allegations coming out.

Of course the alternative is, these allegations are the work of the CoS. Teaching him a lesson for trying to leave. Who knows? I just feel sorry for him and the shit life he's living, even if it's self-imposed.

@duvindupain - "Thing is, JT would be as much loved and famous without the $cientologists. Hope he's reading this."

That's the really sad thing. I do think there's genuine affection out there for him.
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    I don't get how the Church of Scientology can stop people from seeing their children, it's up to a judge who gets custody and what the visitation rights are.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scientology has a lot of influence in the media and hollywood. In terms of why John Travolta would go with them, there are plenty of reasons ..

1. to protect his career, if scientology has large influence in the media they can control the output of information regarding John.
    2. He believes that he will be cured & he's scared of what will happen once film investors find out. There is a reason why many stars remain in closet because they want to get to the best and SUCCESSFUL in their careers, they want to work for a long time because it is their career. They want to be able to live well, but investors in hollywood won't bank on stars who are gay to be leads in franchises, and it's a shame. But I don't blame them from staying in the closest, it's their career and they deserve to live and attain the best careers they can in their industry like any other star who wants to get to the top. If they want to come out they will do so on their own terms but they know what they are set to lose if they do.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    I don't get how the Church of Scientology can stop people from seeing their children, it's up to a judge who gets custody and what the visitation rights are.

My guess is:

The Church of Scientology warns the parent that if they don't cut off contact with their partner, the Church will throw them out and reveal their darkest/most intimate secret. Out of fear, the Scientologist parent then stops the other parent from seeing their child.
  • Options
    LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »

The parent who walks away is treated to a version of shunning. And the family members who have stayed in the cult either voluntarily go along with it, or are too far under the cult's control to disobey for fear of receiving the same treatment themselves.
  • Options
    duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You know what I reckon, Lexi, as nothing ever gets out into the press and media by accident, that the Scientology cult have let this be leaked about the alleged JT incidents.

They're testing him

If he stays with the cult, they'll have him forever

I don't like to think of the alternative if I was JT, but! He has a better life outside of the cult, I reckon, with millions of fans supporting him and lots of film rolls to come.
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Scientology has a lot of influence in the media and hollywood.

I don't think they do, Hollywood has always been Jewish.
  • Options
    The DoveThe Dove Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you say that donating money is an indicator that they are Scientologist's, or are you able to donate money in exchange for the cults favour and influence?

On the blind sites (I know many people don't rate them) Will and Jada crop up often, usually saying that their marriage is effectively over but they are keeping a united front in public. Going by what has been said in the thread, that children will be separated from one parent, maybe that's the reason.

Do you know if the cult is growing? I wonder how much the bad publicity has affected their ability in recruiting people.

They've certainly got links to CoS but there's no proof they're members. Study Tech is designed to indoctrinate and groom children for life in Scientology.

The CoS continually claims it's growing but leaked figures say different, as well as eyewitness reports that Orgs are sitting empty. Cults thrive on secrecy but Anonymous and the internet put paid to that. The older members are dying or leaving and young people are more aware of what they could be getting themselves into.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    They're absolutely crazy! The conspiracy theories that the Scientologists believe is utterly ridiculous! I wouldn't want to be anywhere near them!

Edit: That Tommy Davis is a right arrogant piece of crap!

Tommy's the son of Anne Archer and has a nice big trust fund, although that hasn't stopped him being punished every time he messes up.

Sadly there are reports that he's taking a break at the moment because his wife is dying of cancer. Scientology teaches that illness is caused by the person themselves doing something wrong and that ailments can be cured by auditing. It means most Sea Org members don't look for medical help at all, or leave it until it's too late.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's ridiculous that this stupid cult holds so much sway over people. Surely, if enough courageous people (ex-members, facilitators and the public) just stood up and said 'no' and started speaking out about what the cult is really like, others might be inspired to stand up against it. When peoples' lives are ruined by their threats, anyway, what's the worst that can happen? If people are being scared into silence, they need encouragement from those who are just that bit braver and dare to show Scientology up for the Emperor's New Clothes organisation that it really is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all very well and good to say that when it isn't your life on the line.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    It's ridiculous that this stupid cult holds so much sway over people. Surely, if enough courageous people (ex-members, facilitators and the public) just stood up and said 'no' and started speaking out about what the cult is really like, others might be inspired to stand up against it. When peoples' lives are ruined by their threats, anyway, what's the worst that can happen? If people are being scared into silence, they need encouragement from those who are just that bit braver and dare to show Scientology up for the Emperor's New Clothes organisation that it really is.

From the videos I've seen on YouTube, these lot come across as a complete bunch of pigs! I feel for anyone that's involved with them.
  • Options
    QueenMaudeQueenMaude Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Scientology the reason Nicole Kidman doesn't see her children?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QueenMaude wrote: »
    Is Scientology the reason Nicole Kidman doesn't see her children?

I think so. According to some in this thread anyway. I think Nicole's seeing her daughter now actually.
  • Options
    FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This article from The Independent shows the sort of tactics used by the "church" when you try to leave.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scientology really sounds freaky.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatsia wrote: »
    This article from The Independent shows the sort of tactics used by the "church" when you try to leave.

Why did he go back out to them, I wonder? He should have just stayed inside once they were off his property. They do seem like real nasty pieces of work. They even behave the same as Satanists do in horror films that I've seen in the past. An organisation that nobody should think about joining.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Squirrel Busters were great entertainment. Marty's not the victim he makes himself out to be, but that's a very long story.

Dorydaryl, Operation Chanology and Anonymous has encouraged a lot of ex-members to speak out and Anons who protest are just ordinary members of the public.

Back on topic, the plaintiff has released a statement. I really don't think this lawsuit's going to go anywhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dove wrote: »
    The Squirrel Busters were great entertainment. Marty's not the victim he makes himself out to be, but that's a very long story.

Dorydaryl, Operation Chanology and Anonymous has encouraged a lot of ex-members to speak out and Anons who protest are just ordinary members of the public.

Back on topic, the plaintiff has released a statement. I really don't think this lawsuit's going to go anywhere.

It is known (from research) that Scientologist members stalk newly ex-members of that cult for so long.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dove wrote: »

It's either he's telling the truth, or he's just lying and has got £££ in front of his eyes.