Options

OK this is wrong but......

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In a negotiation/object sourcing task like last night's, I would be so tempted to slip to the loo with my smart phone and consult google! I probably wouldn't but the temptation would be immense.

They spent ages wondering what an Oud was and Zee had his whole team on the wrong track convincing them it was perfume.

A quick google would have solved it and you could then begin to "identify" the object.

No one these days uses yellow pages and traipses around shopping malls and markets sourcing goods.

Of all the tasks this is my least favourite.

I do feel this task should be modified in some way to reflect the real world.

Comments

• Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggi wrote: »
    In a negotiation/object sourcing task like last night's, I would be so tempted to slip to the loo with my smart phone and consult google! I probably wouldn't but the temptation would be immense.

They spent ages wondering what an Oud was and Zee had his whole team on the wrong track convincing them it was perfume.

A quick google would have solved it and you could then begin to "identify" the object.

No one these days uses yellow pages and traipses around shopping malls and markets sourcing goods.

I know what you mean, but a lot of the tasks are similarly constrained to stop the teams from making the tasks too easy, or to venture into areas that are logistically difficult to manage. Ultimately it's meant to be a test of certain business skills while providing us with some laughs along the way - like many reality shows there's not a lot of actual reality involved! :-)
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's the same for every team, in every series. I don't follow you're thinking here:confused: Yes of course a quick flick through Google would solve everything but what a boring show we would have. To steal a line from another show, it would be a case of fastest-finger getting the opportunity:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    It's the same for every team, in every series. I don't follow you're thinking here:confused: Yes of course a quick flick through Google would solve everything but what a boring show we would have. To steal a line from another show, it would be a case of fastest-finger getting the opportunity:D

I totally agree it would be boring for us as viewers I was just thinking that if I was a candidate I would be sorely tempted to google. :D
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree it would be boring for us as viewers I was just thinking that if I was a candidate I would be sorely tempted to google. :D

Oh yes indeed. And to add to the fun you really thought you had got away with it until SAS confronted you with the footage in the boardroom :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    Oh yes indeed. And to add to the fun you really thought you had got away with it until SAS confronted you with the footage in the boardroom :eek:

:D:D:D

Hahahaha now that would be good telly, the shame!
  • Options
    Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they must have internet access blocked on their phones, or monitor their use constantly through the service provider. Otherwise they would be using it all the time, whether it was allowed or not, if they could get away with it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Keep in mind the production team are with them throughout the task who would ensure no internet use.
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave_King wrote: »
    Keep in mind the production team are with them throughout the task who would ensure no internet use.

What, even in the loo??!!:eek:
  • Options
    TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    jiroos wrote: »
    What, even in the loo??!!:eek:

They probably have CCTV there - cue YouTube... :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    It would look a bit suspect having spent all day trying to find an aud, one apprentice suddenly has an eureka moment whilst on a loo break. They probably not allowed to carry another devices other than the team phone.