Too Tough To Teach?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This two parter will follow 5 boys with severe and complex behavioural problems as they attend a special school. Tonight 9pm ch 5

Comments

• JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should be called, Too Much Pandering and Indulgence to Teach.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »

The adverts said they don't have punishments at this school :o I think they should have a harsh detention system whereby boys who are sentenced to detention must be in 1 hour early, in for break and lunchtime and do an hour of 'community service' after school doing jobs around the school such as picking litter and cleaning toilets :D
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bad parenting would be another title.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a fine achievement at the end - getting a group of teenagers to enjoy a day out at a fun park.

Remarkable stuff indeed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a fine achievement at the end - getting a group of teenagers to enjoy a day out at a fun park.

Remarkable stuff indeed.

In all fairness, there are some extremely deprived parts of East London and it could be these kids have never had a seaside day out before.

I would like to know where that £400 came from though
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    I didn't see the programme, but until you've been involved with such cases you aren't aware of why they're like they are. I was involved for six years with children from the age of 7 to 16 who weren't in school for various reasons (long term illness, injuries, but mainly excluded).

One example, a 7-year old who'd been excluded for disruptive behaviour. Took all his clothes off during afternoon activities, painted himself green from head to foot and ran round he school; broke a pencil into pieces and pushed the splinters under his fingernails and watched them bleed; put elastic bands round his wrists so tight that they turned blue; befriended older people, stole their money and gave it away; if he was praised for what he had done, he promptly destroyed it. Why?

His mother was divorced and had three children. He was the youngest. His older brother was fine but the next, his sister, had cerebral palsy and needed constant care. His mother met a much younger man, married him and had a baby. So why did the 7-year old behave as he did - he'd never been the baby of the family or got the attention a baby did. His sister got the attention, and, when it was his turn, a new baby arrived. He was abusive to all of his family, except his sister, who he adored.

Once that was established, steps were taken to help him and he turned out to be a fine young man. There's always a reason why youngsters behave badly, and they don't all get the help the boy in my example did to find out why and try to compensate..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The mother of the boxer with all those young children - was there a father (of sorts) around?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The mother of the boxer with all those young children - was there a father (of sorts) around?

There was no mention of any male figure in the family, no