Options

NFL 2014-15 thread

Comments

• Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    JMTD wrote: »
    We've been pretty sh*t over the last few weeks and this one didn't start any differently. Then out of nowhere with just over 2 minutes to play we score 24 points going into halftime, Texans in absolute meltdown mode.

The first team to score 24 or more points in 3 minutes since the Seahawks in 2001. A great watch for a neutral.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of interest what kind of crowd actually goes to the Wembley games? Are there many travelling fans from America or is it mostly ex-pats living in the UK? Many actual British fans? I'm a bit surprised at their success given the failure of NFL Europe.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hardly any travel from America. There's some people who come over from the rest of Europe (Germany/Ireland etc.) but mostly it's Brits and ex pat Americans who work in London. There's enough of an NFL fan base in England to sell out a few games a year especially when you add in the day trippers who don't really follow the sport but like to go to the 'event'.
  • Options
    detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was at the Jaguars - Browns game last week. Not a fan of either team but enjoyed it and the atmosphere is so much different to a Wembley match.

The tv screens at either end of Everbank Field are amazing.
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Geno Smith imploding, 6 attempts, 2 complete and 2 interceptions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    clm2071 wrote: »
    Geno Smith imploding, 6 attempts, 2 complete and 2 interceptions.

Make that 3 int in 8 attempts.

Could be a career ending game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patriots just scored 21 points in 57 seconds. A 17-7 game at the 2 minute warning became a 38-7 game with a minute left in the half!

I was worried that the Bears locker room hoo-ha would galvanise them this week but it seems to have had exactly the opposite effect so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just noticed how close the London game was. It needed a close game for once.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully they enjoyed it in America. Would be great if we can get all London games in that timeslot in the future and not have it interfere with RedZone. Especially if they are moving to 5 games a year from next season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Surely the end of Geno Smith and maybe Rex Ryan at the Jets.

Smith benched in favour of Vick after competing 2 of 8 for 5 yards with 3 interceptions, Vick has joined the party with 2 lost fumbles and an interception of his own.

I love being a Jets fan....

The drives so far. Punt, Int, Int, Int, TD, Punt, lost fumble, TD, FG, Punt, Punt, lost fumble, Int.....still a quarter to go
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just noticed how close the London game was. It needed a close game for once.

Recorded it and just watched the last 3 minutes. Super stuff.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,059
    Forum Member
    Anyone else go to Wembley yesterday? Nice to hear the crowd getting more involved this time.
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    Anyone else go to Wembley yesterday? Nice to hear the crowd getting more involved this time.

I was there, it was an amazing day. The crowd got more involved because it was a great game unlike the previous 2 blowouts.

Even though Atlanta were 21 - 0 up at half time, you always felt if Detroit scored first in the 2nd half it was still game on.

The crowd were so 'in to it' we didn't even get the dreaded Mexican wave.

My only complaint is the PA sound is crap this year, couldn't tell what the call was after Prater's first kick at the end, until we saw it on TV after.
  • Options
    Nova21Nova21 Posts: 14,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    teeswolf wrote: »
    I was there, it was an amazing day. The crowd got more involved because it was a great game unlike the previous 2 blowouts.

Even though Atlanta were 21 - 0 up at half time, you always felt if Detroit scored first in the 2nd half it was still game on.

The crowd were so 'in to it' we didn't even get the dreaded Mexican wave.

My only complaint is the PA sound is crap this year, couldn't tell what the call was after Prater's first kick at the end, until we saw it on TV after.

I went to both games last year and thought the same thing about not being able to here the referee's on field calls clearly at all. Great game yesterday...
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nova21 wrote: »
    I went to both games last year and thought the same thing about not being able to here the referee's on field calls clearly at all. Great game yesterday...

It's worse this year than last year for me. Maybe it depends where you sit, but apart from the national anthems, I was struggling to make much out. I am going a bit deaf mind:D
  • Options
    KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Ben is on fire... the AFC North looks so tight now, almost feel bad for Cleveland in their best year is the year that the others are all on fire too.
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Man that felt good. Was worried after such a poor start in the game. Obviously Ben took a big hit as usual but it makes him better, Flacco took one and he sh*t the bed, never get tired of seeing that happen.

Harrison was immense on the night. Pretty big result considering our next two games are against the Jets and Titans which we should be winning all day long, but we never tend to do things the easy way nowadays.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kierenj wrote: »
    Big Ben is on fire... the AFC North looks so tight now, almost feel bad for Cleveland in their best year is the year that the others are all on fire too.

Just looking at the AFC North: Baltimore have already played 5/6 divisional games and the Steelers have played 4/6. So the teams in that division wont be taking too many wins away from each other compared to other divisions. No other teams in the entire NFL have played more than 3 divisional games so far.

All four teams could easily finish with positive records (9-7, or 8-7-1 in the case of the Bengals!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just looking at the AFC North: Baltimore have already played 5/6 divisional games and the Steelers have played 4/6. So the teams in that division wont be taking too many wins away from each other compared to other divisions. No other teams in the entire NFL have played more than 3 divisional games so far.

All four teams could easily finish with positive records (9-7, or 8-7-1 in the case of the Bengals!)

We've still got the Bengals home and away so I think they'll be the crucial two for us granted we don't self destruct in the games you'd expect us to win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^^^first one of those is on Thursday isnt it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^^^first one of those is on Thursday isnt it?

All Sunday games left for us bar the Titans game which is Monday night.

Our last game is the Bengals game so every chance it could go down to the wire. Hoping we'll have a spot secured by then though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah, the Bengals are on Thursday against the Browns, my mistake.
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    One of the Wembley games next year is Dolphins vs Jets,

Other games
    Bills vs Jaguars
    Lions vs Chiefs
  • Options
    jake1981jake1981 Posts: 5,716
    Forum Member
    Anyone else's RedZone coverage gone all wonky ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jake1981 wrote: »
    Anyone else's RedZone coverage gone all wonky ?

Got kicked out and then couldn't get back in for a minute but all working again since then. Great to have RZ this week with the stinky London game on.