Options

Holiday of My Lifetime with Len Goodman.

JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone watching this? Every day at 3.45pm on BBC1.

Len takes a celeb back to reminisce about a childhood holiday. Quite a Strictly connection as well. Monday's was with Dave Myers, yesterdays Esther Rantzen. Today it's Chris Hollins, next week Arlene Phillips is on.

Not a Len fan in general but am enjoying the nostalgia.

Comments

• Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The nostalgia for me would be so much better without Len Goodman, so I wouldn't watch it.
    Seeing him in Strictly is enough for me.

Perceived, "big name, plus cheap to produce programme?"
  • Options
    turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched one of these, but Len is so annoying I had to switch off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched one of these, but Len is so annoying I had to switch off.

Good advice for anyone.
    Beware, don't turn your TV back on again too soon, as there's fifteen naffin' episodes of this.

Hopefully, everyone will be sick of him by the end of the series and he won't be back with something else, but it's the BBC and they'll bung any old rubbish on our screens in the afternoons.
  • Options
    JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good advice for anyone.
    Beware, don't turn your TV back on again too soon, as there's fifteen naffin' episodes of this.

Hopefully, everyone will be sick of him by the end of the series and he won't be back with something else, but it's the BBC and they'll bung any old rubbish on our screens in the afternoons.

Don't know why the BBC seem to think he's so popular? You would have thought they could have found someone better.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has a series on BBC Four shortly with Lucy Worsley.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/bbcfour-ed-comms
    Dancing Cheek To Cheek: An Intimate History Of Dance

Lucy Worsley and Len Goodman take to the floor to reveal the untold story of British dance. Over three episodes, they’ll show how Britain’s favourite popular dances from over the centuries offer a fascinating window into British society and our relationships with one another.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    He has a series on BBC Four shortly with Lucy Worsley.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/bbcfour-ed-comms

Yes, I saw your thread on that.

Where will it all end?

"I'm reliably informed," he's also being lined up to host; Question Time, Newsnight and University Challenge.
    Paxo's going to replace him as a judge on Strictly as Len will no longer have the time.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Yes, I saw your thread on that.

Where will it all end?

"I'm reliably informed," he's also being lined up to host; Question Time, Newsnight and University Challenge.
    Paxo's going to replace him as a judge on Strictly as Len will no longer have the time.

You forgot Top Gear.
  • Options
    FunkyFoxtrotFunkyFoxtrot Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Today's programme while Len was talking to Chris Hollins it was mentioned Chris was actually a late replacement on Strictly. Does anyone know who backed out or who's place he took? :)
  • Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jethryk wrote: »
    Don't know why the BBC seem to think he's so popular? You would have thought they could have found someone better.

Clare Balding is at a loose end
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MayD wrote: »
    Clare Balding is at a loose end

"We can only be thankful for small mercies," can't we?
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if he was deployed to " guide" the nostalgia tours as so many of the subjects are Strictly alumni? Or did the guests follow from his appointment as host?
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching this? Every day at 3.45pm on BBC1.

Len takes a celeb back to reminisce about a childhood holiday. Quite a Strictly connection as well. Monday's was with Dave Myers, yesterdays Esther Rantzen. Today it's Chris Hollins, next week Arlene Phillips is on.

Not a Len fan in general but am enjoying the nostalgia.

I've only seen Len with Esther Rantzen on the Isle of Wight but it obviously brings back happy memories for the participants and it made me think of my happy family holidays. :)

It's pleasant and easy to watch so good on Len for getting the gig. I'll be watching again when I can.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I guess it is a way to link cheapish daytime TV with of the most watched and co;stly evening shows. Were this an evening show too I wonder what it would look like.