Options

O2 Online...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,804
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hiya!

Im on O2 Online with 300 texts a month. I topped up on the 27th June, got my free texts and £10 credit. I used the free texts and the £10 credit so I topped up last wednesday. When will I get my free texts 'cos im having to use the credit :(

Salt

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salt wrote:
    Hiya!

Im on O2 Online with 300 texts a month. I topped up on the 27th June, got my free texts and £10 credit. I used the free texts and the £10 credit so I topped up last wednesday. When will I get my free texts 'cos im having to use the credit :(

Salt

You only get 300 free texts a month so topping up twice in one month wont get you anymore. You will need to top up again next month to get your next 300.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wont I get them on the 27th July??
  • Options
    Scott_14Scott_14 Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Yes, you will get your free monthly allowance on 27th July if that is your new anniversary date (the date you have to top-up by to receive your 300 free texts).

If you call 4444 from your mobile and select option 2 twice on the menu, it will tell you when your current allowance (which you've said has ran out) expires. This is the date you will receive your next 300 texts if you have topped-up in time.

Hope this helps. :)
  • Options
    WordLifeWordLife Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scott_14 wrote:
    Yes, you will get your free monthly allowance on 27th July if that is your new anniversary date (the date you have to top-up by to receive your 300 free texts).

If you call 4444 from your mobile and select option 2 twice on the menu, it will tell you when your current allowance (which you've said has ran out) expires. This is the date you will receive your next 300 texts if you have topped-up in time.

Hope this helps. :)

Yep, i used to do that. I say "used to" because im not on O2 anymore :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That said it all Scott_14, cheers! :)

I first topped up on 27th June (Im new to O2) and my free allowances ran out a couple of weeks ago so I have been using the credit until last wednesday. I then topped up £10 that night so I should get my allowances on 27th July then.

Salt
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that's not how it works for me. If I top up on the 1st of July and then again on 22nd July, I won't get my free texts on the 1st August unless I topup the day before or on the day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iDRAGbehind is right

here is how it works.

Say your firrst top up is 1st July. Within 48hrs of topping up you should get your free texts/minutes. The 1st of every month is then your 'anniversary date'.

The free texts/minutes last for a month & providing you top up before the 1st of every month (your anniversay date) you will get more free texts given to you, these will be given to you on your anniversary date & will again last for a month.

For example if your anniversary date is the 1st of the month and you topped up on 22nd July, you will get another batch of texts/minutes given to you on the 1st August.

If you don't top up by your anniversary date, you won't get any free texts. However next time you do top up O2 will reset your anniversary date to the date you topped up & give you the free texts for 1 month from that date.

For example, your aniversary date is 1st of the month, but you miss it and don't top up until the 7th. You will pay for all the texts sent between the 1st and the 7th. The 7th will become your new anniversary date and your free texts will last a month from this date, meaning you have to now topup by the 7th of each month to keep them going.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That isn't what iDRAGbehind said. They said that if I top up before my anniversary date, I wont get my free texts at all.
    Now your saying that if I top up before it, I will have to pay for texts and calls until my anniversary date but then will get my freebies on the anniversary date.

Does anyone care to state which one is true?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salt wrote:
    That isn't what iDRAGbehind said. They said that if I top up before my anniversary date, I wont get my free texts at all.
    Now your saying that if I top up before it, I will have to pay for texts and calls until my anniversary date but then will get my freebies on the anniversary date.

Does anyone care to state which one is true?

I'm not being funny here, but I am right. I've been with O2 Online for 2 years and I know how it works :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I wont get my free allowance until I top up with £10 after my anniversary date or on it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salt wrote:
    So I wont get my free allowance until I top up with £10 after my anniversary date or on it?

If your start date is 1st July, you have to top up on 31st July or 1st August to continue your allowance for the month of August. If you top up a number of days before (more than 24 hours in advance) it does NOT give you your free messages for the next month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If your start date is 1st July, you have to top up on 31st July or 1st August to continue your allowance for the month of August. If you top up a number of days before (more than 24 hours in advance) it does NOT give you your free messages for the next month.

Oh ok, looks like i'll have to use all the £10 credit and change my anniversary date. Its just that I use all my messages before my anniversary date si what am I meant to do, didnt realise this :(

Salt
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salt wrote:
    Oh ok, looks like i'll have to use all the £10 credit and change my anniversary date. Its just that I use all my messages before my anniversary date si what am I meant to do, didnt realise this :(

Salt

Don't use it all up; wait until your aniversary date and see if your free messages continue. If they do, then you won't need to top up :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't top up BY your anniversary date like 1st Julynthen you next top up on 10th August thet becomes your new anniversary date so your next batch wouldnt start until 10th September.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salt, if you can make sense of these then you're sorted - http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/paygo/o2onlinepaygotariffs
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salt wrote:

Sorry, misread what iDRAGBehind said, its wrong.

You have to top up by your anniversary date. Say your anniversary date is 1st August, you can top up anytime in the month before it so that your free texts continue, so if you top up today you will be given your new free text allowance on 1st August.

Wait until after your anniversary date and you won't get any until you top up £10 or more. this will then become your new anniversary date.

My anniversary date is the 17th, but I always topup on the 2nd of every month 'cos thats when my call 100 bundle is taken from my account. I still get my free text allowance given to me on the 17th of each month.

From the little O2 PAYG 'Welcome' book....
    The date you need to remember is the first day you topup. That becomes your anniversary date, and you know how important that is. So to get your free stuff, just top up by a minimum of £10 BY the same calendar date each month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've topped up 8 days before my anniversary date. So I will get my free stuff in 8 days time?

And ryan that IS wrong. If you top up after your anniversary date, you get your free allowance within 48 hours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salt wrote:
    I've topped up 8 days before my anniversary date. So I will get my free stuff in 8 days time?

And ryan that IS wrong. If you top up after your anniversary date, you get your free allowance within 48 hours.

According to the new terms Salt, you'll get your allowance in 8 days yes.

I have my SIM from years ago, the terms and conditions from then state that you need to top up the day before the anniversary date

Hope that helps :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salt wrote:

No thats only the first time you toop up. I topped up on my anniversary date many times when I was on O2 and they started when I topped up.

Or at least thatrs how it ws when I ws on O2 but wouldnt surpriise me if they changed it or its different for others cos O2 sucks.