Options

What is the creepiest thing to have ever happened to you?

Comments

• Options
    kimmehkimmeh Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    I made a post here awhile back but never got any feedback from it, so I'll say it again for those that didn't see it.

This is a collection of stories of my creepy experiences over the years. It's a lengthy post so kudos to you if you can manage to sit through and read it all.

1. When I was 9, we moved to Hull in Yorkshire. (We're from Lancashire). My dad got a mortgage on a nice house in a quite area. I only lived there for about a year because my parents ended up separating.

The house never felt like a home and I always felt like I had been watched. We never got around to installing central heating so it was always cold.

We have two glass doors separating the living room and dining room off. They were the type of glass doors that wasn't 100% clear with patterns on them. Our TV was in the living room corner, with the doors next to them on the right.

Quite often when watching TV, I could see a grey faded figure walk through from the Kitchen on the left into the Dining room. I never said anything for weeks but then told my mum. She didn't want to freak me out so said I was seeing things.

I eventually found out that my brother, mum and dad saw it also. My brother described the exact same thing to my mum without him knowing I had told her, my mum never mentioned anything to him either for obvious reasons.

My parents separated and I moved out with my mum and brother. Years down the line when I was about 16, I used to house sit on weekends and take care of the family dog we had while my dad went away to visit his girlfriend in Newcastle.

He never had curtains or blinds in the kitchen, and the back garden always creeped me out. (Behind it is the trail entrance to the drain bank which is surrounded by large bushes, dark and creepy). I always felt like someone was in the garden watching me while I made a drink or whatever, and I'd just run back into the dining room or living room. It was a really creepy house.

2. Another story from that house which my mum told me years later was that after a few weeks of moving in, (my dad used to walk our dog down the drain bank) she went with him, and he stood frozen and couldn't speak, after 10 seconds or so, he rushed them both home and told her he saw a faded ghostly figure of someone wearing a world war uniform holding a gun. Some time after, my dads cousin had told that the drain bank was used a bunker during the World War without even mentioning to him what he saw.

3. Same house, sometimes at night, my brother would scream and say he had seen a man going into a closest wearing a flat cap.

The man that lived there before us had died in that house, a picture got left behind and he was wearing a flat cap which only my parents saw.

4. So my parents had split up and both me and my brother moved into a council house with my mum. We were there for under two years due to personal incidents that had nothing to do with the paranormal. I never felt settled in that house, and hated being upstairs on my own.

There were a couple of times when I came home from School, and my mum and brother was not in and had left the key with the neighbor opposite. I went in, turned TV on and sat on the couch. I heard banging from the room above, which was my mums room. I ran out of the house when my brothers mates were just about to knock for him. We had a chat, I never mentioned to them what I heard and one of them said "I don't know how you could stay in there on your own after that man hung himself upstairs". That really creeped me out.

5. The second house I moved into after my parents separated (I still live in it now) has had some creepy things happen during the years we've spent here.

Me and my mum used to hear 'grunting' like noises coming from the loft, which didn't sound human. We've tried to rationalize it that it could be trapped wind etc, but what we found really strange is that it would go from one room to another when trying to follow the sound. It would happen for weeks then stop for months, then randomly happen again. We once put a glass to the wall and the sound we got was loud and freaky, we've not done it since.

6. When I was around 12 (which is when we moved in) and I would often sleep in my mums bed and she'd tell me tails from when she was younger. We'd sometimes eat Pizza in bed. This one time, I put the crusts on the floor and no word of a lie, I saw the crusts being moved under the bed when nothing was touching it. We also heard something under the floorboards move around quite violently.

We both slept in my room that night, and while I was asleep, my mum heard a 'banshee' whale sound at around 4am. The next day she got a phone call from my gran saying her Aunt Hannah had died at 4am that morning! Being creeped out but intrigued, I did a Google search on what it could be and banshee came up. What creeped me out the most is that banshees are Irish, and both my gran and great Aunt Hannah are Irish. They're renowned for whaling out when a member of an Irish family have passed away.

There are many other unexplainable things that have happened here but I wont mention because I don't want to be ridiculed.

One more thing, this isn't paranormal but I've been freaked out and paranoid about it since.

7. My brother often comes round to see us, and he sometimes has a smoke in the back garden. This particular day, he forgot to lock the door. My mum never checked it that night like she normally does and went to bed.

I stayed down on the Playstation and I heard the back door open, for a split second I thought it could be my brother but he never comes through the back door. I turned around and saw a man in his late 30's, early 40's. He was really creepy looking, but I'm not sure if he was a friend of our next door neighbor as she always had people coming in and out so he could of had the house mixed up as he looked really stoned or pissed.

He stood in my living room for about 10 seconds looking at me then turned around so I legged it upstairs waking my mum and her partner up. He came down to check everything and he had gone.

It has freaked me out since, and I'm forever paranoid at the slightest noise downstairs.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One time I was driving along the A422 at night after working at a bar so we're talking midnight, it's quiet at night, very few cars and zero people.

I was driving towards pillerton priors petrol station (this is exactly where i stopped, facing the petrol station direction http://goo.gl/maps/4RYJ) , it's not a 24 hours one so it was closed. I had my lights on full and as is often the case it looked like an animal was in the road, it's often deer so i started to slow down and I can barely write this-

As I got closer it "sort of" looked like a person crawling, I thought it must be an injured deer. As I got closer I saw it was a man, in a grey suit, his face covered in blood. I saw detail to the extent I had to stop so i didn't run him over and I realised that I'd have to phone for help and probably go out and help this guy. That was so frightening like I had no choice just sitting there staring at him but I went to grab my phone, bam- gone. nothing in the road completely clear, there's wall on one side and a field on the other so i sort of drove towards the field to see if he'd gone there. That was when I realised nothing was there and I've never been able to get my head around it because this guy looked right into my eyes, it's chilling even thinking about it because it's so vivid, blood over his face reaching out, insane and to this day my mind files it under unexplainable.

That's seriously freaky!:eek: Might be worth looking into whether or not there's ever been a fatal accident in the area.
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This one isn't very nice, sorry.

About 5 or 6 years ago, I was coming home from a walk along the disused railway line in the village where I used to live. I met an old man that I knew out walking his dog, going in the opposite direction. Had a brief chat with him then we both turned around to go our separate ways.

All of a sudden I got a horrible feeling, and thought 'I hope he's going to be alright, an old man like him out walking on his own' Which was a bit weird, as I'd seen him out and about lots of times and despite being elderly and a bit short-sighted, there didn't seem to be anything wrong with him. But I had an overwhelming feeling of absolute dread, so strong that I very nearly turned around and went after him - although I told myself not to be so silly and carried on home.

Well, something horrible did happen to him. His dog went into a field and got surrounded by cows, and he went in after her to save her. The cows crowded and trampled all over him. He died a few days later in hospital.

I can't help thinking that I could have prevented that if I'd followed my gut instincts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This one isn't very nice, sorry.

About 5 or 6 years ago, I was coming home from a walk along the disused railway line in the village where I used to live. I met an old man that I knew out walking his dog, going in the opposite direction. Had a brief chat with him then we both turned around to go our separate ways.

All of a sudden I got a horrible feeling, and thought 'I hope he's going to be alright, an old man like him out walking on his own' Which was a bit weird, as I'd seen him out and about lots of times and despite being elderly and a bit short-sighted, there didn't seem to be anything wrong with him. But I had an overwhelming feeling of absolute dread, so strong that I very nearly turned around and went after him - although I told myself not to be so silly and carried on home.

Well, something horrible did happen to him. His dog went into a field and got surrounded by cows, and he went in after her to save her. The cows crowded and trampled all over him. He died a few days later in hospital.

I can't help thinking that I could have prevented that if I'd followed my gut instincts.

Oh how awful :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Hi, another one of those long term lurkers here prompted to join because of this thread. I'm finally getting around to adding my tale:

When my son was 3 we were sitting together playing with toy cars and Lego figures on the lounge floor. He repeatedly 'ran over' one of the little Lego people with a car.*

I said that wasn't a very nice thing to do and would he please stop. He replied "I'm doing it like when I was run over". I said that he had never been run over (he hasn't I hasten to add). He very vehemently responded "yes I have Mummy; when I was two the last time. I was run over by that car and I died, my other Mummy cried *lots and then I came to you".*

He's almost 10 now and has no recollection of any of it anymore
  • Options
    sunsetbeachsunsetbeach Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cyan wrote: »
    Hi, another one of those long term lurkers here prompted to join because of this thread. I'm finally getting around to adding my tale:

When my son was 3 we were sitting together playing with toy cars and Lego figures on the lounge floor. He repeatedly 'ran over' one of the little Lego people with a car.*

I said that wasn't a very nice thing to do and would he please stop. He replied "I'm doing it like when I was run over". I said that he had never been run over (he hasn't I hasten to add). He very vehemently responded "yes I have Mummy; when I was two the last time. I was run over by that car and I died, my other Mummy cried *lots and then I came to you".*

That's sent chills up my spine. :cry:
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You hear these stories scarily often. Where does it come from? Children of that age don't lie and they don't make things up. It sends a shudder down my spine:eek:
  • Options
    thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was around 17/18 at the time and living at home with the parents. I had got in from work around 5pm during the summer, so was still light outside. I was peckish so put a frozen shepherds pie in the oven, I remember looking at the clock as I did this and it was 5:15pm..................cut to a few seconds after I put the pie in the oven and it was dark outside and the fire alarm was going off.

After stopping the alarm, I looked at the clock and it was 8:30pm and my pie was charcoal. To me it was as if I blinked and it had changed from light to dark and my pie had burnt in 2 seconds.

Nobody had come in during this time as they were on shifts and working late. I phoned my mum in a freak, as to this day I cannot recall what had happened in that 3 1/2 hours:confused:

It's never happened since, but still scares me. A lot of people say maybe I had blacked out or something, but I don't have any history of this? strange....

This happened to me once a long time ago, though I was out for far less time. I was cooking in the kitchen, using the frying ran and next thing I knew, I was still standing in the kitchen, but the food was on fire, and there was a pain in my head. I think I must have blacked out and fallen, but weirdly I didn't seem to be conscious until stood up again.
  • Options
    LincsDan32LincsDan32 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My parents are on holiday, and they ask me if i can go round their house to pick up the mail and generally make sure everything is OK.

So i decided to stay and watch something they recorded for me about bomber command with Ewan McGregor and his brother. Sitting in the lounge watching the program I hear noises coming from upstairs, i put it down to the central heating coming on and the pipes rattling.

These noises are getting louder, which again put down to central heating and air in the system, at which at that point the door from the lounge to the downstairs hallway opens by itself.

Now this door is never used, due to the design layout of the house, so on both sides it has one of those draft excluding fabric log things, and to be honest, the door is big and chunky solid wood, so a light breeze wouldn't open it.

When the door opened the noise stopped, so at this point i'm feeling well i don't know, but it was almost like a sense of confusion. I went up to the door and closed it firmly and putting the draft excluder back in place. I felt like I didn't want to stay, so i went to the tv turned it off and put the remote controls back and turned around and the door was open again.

I decided i didn't want to stay for any longer than needed, so i made my way to the kitchen to pick up my keys and phone, and every single drawer and cupboard was open. I didn't bother sorting them out, i just made for the front door as i wanted out.

I sat in my car on the driveway for what seemed like an eternity. I pulled myself together and found some backbone to go back into the house, I walked in and everything was normal. All the cupboards and drawers were shut, and the lounge door was too.

I don't know what happened, as nothing of that magnitude has happened before in that house, what ever is in their, that is the most aggressive it has been.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    You hear these stories scarily often. Where does it come from? Children of that age don't lie and they don't make things up. It sends a shudder down my spine:eek:

It made me go cold at the time but now I kind of wish I'd asked him more about it while he still remembered (or whatever it was), there's a little part of me that wonders if I could have told his 'other mummy' that he's well and happy and remembered her.

You're absolutely right though; it certainly wasn't a lie on his behalf. I have no rational explanation at all.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    One time I was driving along the A422 at night after working at a bar so we're talking midnight, it's quiet at night, very few cars and zero people.

I was driving towards pillerton priors petrol station (this is exactly where i stopped, facing the petrol station direction http://goo.gl/maps/4RYJ) , it's not a 24 hours one so it was closed. I had my lights on full and as is often the case it looked like an animal was in the road, it's often deer so i started to slow down and I can barely write this-

As I got closer it "sort of" looked like a person crawling, I thought it must be an injured deer. As I got closer I saw it was a man, in a grey suit, his face covered in blood. I saw detail to the extent I had to stop so i didn't run him over and I realised that I'd have to phone for help and probably go out and help this guy. That was so frightening like I had no choice just sitting there staring at him but I went to grab my phone, bam- gone. nothing in the road completely clear, there's wall on one side and a field on the other so i sort of drove towards the field to see if he'd gone there. That was when I realised nothing was there and I've never been able to get my head around it because this guy looked right into my eyes, it's chilling even thinking about it because it's so vivid, blood over his face reaching out, insane and to this day my mind files it under unexplainable.

This is almost ridiciously terrifying. Was looking forward to going to bed but am frozen here now!

Can you go into detail anymore? Did he look solid or was there a kind of translucence about him?!
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I shouldn't read this at 2.20am....I'm feeling scared now.....
  • Options
    subversivesubversive Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

interesting, I have heard about it alot from the spiritual elders I know that some children often remember their past lives but as they get stuck into the material world, we all forget.

its also interesting that we never heard "I was a dog in my past life, etc), always going from human body to human body.

It would be interesting to find out through hypnosis what else he remembers, (thats me thinking out aloud)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was around 17/18 at the time and living at home with the parents. I had got in from work around 5pm during the summer, so was still light outside. I was peckish so put a frozen shepherds pie in the oven, I remember looking at the clock as I did this and it was 5:15pm..................cut to a few seconds after I put the pie in the oven and it was dark outside and the fire alarm was going off.

After stopping the alarm, I looked at the clock and it was 8:30pm and my pie was charcoal. To me it was as if I blinked and it had changed from light to dark and my pie had burnt in 2 seconds.

Nobody had come in during this time as they were on shifts and working late. I phoned my mum in a freak, as to this day I cannot recall what had happened in that 3 1/2 hours:confused:

It's never happened since, but still scares me. A lot of people say maybe I had blacked out or something, but I don't have any history of this? strange....

ever thought of using hypnosis to find out what happened?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    I shouldn't read this at 2.20am....I'm feeling scared now.....

with a name like voodoo, you shouldn't be scared. hehe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LincsDan32 wrote: »
    My parents are on holiday, and they ask me if i can go round their house to pick up the mail and generally make sure everything is OK.

So i decided to stay and watch something they recorded for me about bomber command with Ewan McGregor and his brother. Sitting in the lounge watching the program I hear noises coming from upstairs, i put it down to the central heating coming on and the pipes rattling.

These noises are getting louder, which again put down to central heating and air in the system, at which at that point the door from the lounge to the downstairs hallway opens by itself.

Now this door is never used, due to the design layout of the house, so on both sides it has one of those draft excluding fabric log things, and to be honest, the door is big and chunky solid wood, so a light breeze wouldn't open it.

When the door opened the noise stopped, so at this point i'm feeling well i don't know, but it was almost like a sense of confusion. I went up to the door and closed it firmly and putting the draft excluder back in place. I felt like I didn't want to stay, so i went to the tv turned it off and put the remote controls back and turned around and the door was open again.

I decided i didn't want to stay for any longer than needed, so i made my way to the kitchen to pick up my keys and phone, and every single drawer and cupboard was open. I didn't bother sorting them out, i just made for the front door as i wanted out.

I sat in my car on the driveway for what seemed like an eternity. I pulled myself together and found some backbone to go back into the house, I walked in and everything was normal. All the cupboards and drawers were shut, and the lounge door was too.

I don't know what happened, as nothing of that magnitude has happened before in that house, what ever is in their, that is the most aggressive it has been.

wow, thats freaky.

We have this elderly couple who go to Pakistan for 4 to 6 months out of the year, during that time, I have the keys to the house, you know standard turn the lights off, etc, etc.

Well, the first couple of months, everything was fine. I felt nothing, I can sense this kinda of stuff.

But one evening, I was watching TV and I heard a noise, like somebody was walking upstairs. I thought it might be the neighbours, so ignored it. Then I heard it again, going from room to room, I thought somebody might be upstairs, like a burglar or something, went up, nothing.

Came back down stairs and locked everything up as quick as I could to get out. When I was walking down, I had this deep scary feeling that I should get out.

I had the keys to my aunties house couple of years ago, well, as soon as I opened the front door and turned the light on. I knew I was not wanted. I went upstairs, etc and quickly came down.

The feeling was so strong that I could feel like there were not one, but many many eyes watching me with hatred.

I didn't even go back after that.
  • Options
    Jasmine JoleneJasmine Jolene Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Something that once happened to me and an ex has always baffled me, freaked me out, made me feel stupid when explaining the story to family and friends and will always remain a mystery.

About 10 years ago, myself and then boyfriend decided to go to Folkstone for the day. We parked in the main carpark and walked around, played crazy golf and then went for a pub lunch. It was a really hot day and the atmosphere in the pub was brilliant. Live music was also going to be played that night so we thought "f*ck it, let's get a cheap b&b and stay the night."

Anyway, after a night in the b&b, we went for breakfast, walked off our hangovers and decided to go home. Got to the car park - no car. What followed was a blur as the panic set it but we somehow ended up back at the b&b and explained everything to the owner who then called the Police. My boyfriend had a personalised numberplate (idiot that he was) and the car was a vile yellow colour. As the owner was describing the car to the Police, another resident overheard and said he'd seen the car parked in the back street behind the b&b. We said that would be impossible but we looked anyway and there it was - in a street neither of us had seen before and with no signs of being broken into.

We were shocked but everyone has always said that we must have driven it back pissed but we honestly weren't so drunk that we don't remember anything and my boyfriend was so particular about drinking and driving. I didn't drive at the time.

I also forgot to mention he had his keys in his pocket the whole time which freaked us out more.

I guess we'll never know what happened but that was one surreal, freaky experience.

I think he must have driven the car as well. I remember going to friend's for a few drinks - this was a few years ago now. She lived about a ten minute walk away from my flat. I walked there, went to pub, then back to hers. The next day, she texted me asking how my head was (or something like that) and I mentioned I couldn't remember getting home. She drove me home! I was (and still am) totally horrified - it was only a minute down the road in the car but so so dangerous, but the fact that I had no recollection whatsover that we had been in the car freaks me out. I have been drunk before, very very drunk, but that is the only time I have a proper gap in my memory.
  • Options
    jessmumjessmum Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally Posted by Outroversion

That's seriously freaky!:eek: Might be worth looking into whether or not there's ever been a fatal accident in the area.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ww2peopleswar/stories/54/a4376054.shtml

There is some history about WW2 planes crashing in the area - could the grey uniform be a military uniform?
  • Options
    blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow at these stories
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    LOVING this thread! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a premonition story:

When I was in college about 16/17 yo, I was on the bus travelling in to college with a friend. We were going to meet with another friend, Andy. As the bus was about half a mile away from the college, a police car and ambulance flew past with lights and sirens going. I don't know why but I flippantly said to the friend I was with something like, "That's probably for Andy; got himself run over or something..."

Anyway, we got off the bus and as we were walking down the hill toward the college building, another guy we knew came running over and said, "Guess what just happened, Andy just got run over by a post van and he's just been taken to hospital in an ambulance." The two of us just looked at each other in amazement.

Turns out Andy only suffered a small fracture to the wrist and was fine. He was quite freaked out when told about my premonition though.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    My nice matching bra and knicker sets stolen from my washing line, only to be returned to my washing line a few days later, re-washed!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    My nice matching bra and knicker sets stolen from my washing line, only to be returned to my washing line a few days later, re-washed!

naughty neighbour
  • Options
    chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a premonition story:

When I was in college about 16/17 yo, I was on the bus travelling in to college with a friend. We were going to meet with another friend, Andy. As the bus was about half a mile away from the college, a police car and ambulance flew past with lights and sirens going. I don't know why but I flippantly said to the friend I was with something like, "That's probably for Andy; got himself run over or something..."

Anyway, we got off the bus and as we were walking down the hill toward the college building, another guy we knew came running over and said, "Guess what just happened, Andy just got run over by a post van and he's just been taken to hospital in an ambulance." The two of us just looked at each other in amazement.

Turns out Andy only suffered a small fracture to the wrist and was fine. He was quite freaked out when told about my premonition though.

This sort of thing has happened to me and my Mum. My one could be put down to co-incidence my Mums is a bit wierd.

In mine it was last year and I was driving to take my car in for some work to be done along the A57 near Saxilby. The traffic was moving as normal and wasn't too busy. It's only single carriageway and a bit twisty and a motorbike came up my rear end and was right up my back. Suddenly while other traffic was oncoming he shot past at about 70 mph. It's nothing unusual as bikes are easy to manoeuvre I guess and I remember thinking it was a nice bike. However, just after he overtook me I felt all cold and thought "he's going to crash today" .. I don't know why. I forgot about it and listened to the radio. Anyway, a few miles up the road the traffic ground to a halt and I was sat for ages. I was annoyed as I needed to be at the garage. Several ambulances and police passed and eventually the traffic started to move slowly. About a mile further on we passed the accident and there, on it's side was the bike that overtook me. Could have been co-incidence but it was a bit wierd.

My Mom had a wierd one, but then she seems to be a bit "psychic". The day before the September 11th a attacks in 2001 she was out shopping with my step-dad. She walked passed a newsagents and saw that on those boards that advertise paper headlines of the day she saw the words "Twin towers attacked, both collapse". She said when she got back in the car she put the radio on but there was nothing on the news. When she got back home my stepdad went out in the garden and she put the radio on in the kitchen, the music was interrupted by a news report saying there had been a terrorist attack in America. Nothing else was said about it at all. She said she was confused as the TV news had nothing whatsoever about it on in the evening. My stepdad said she had probably heard and seen something wrong. The next day we all know what happened. She said it really upset her. My stepdad still to this day thinks it was just a misunderstanding of what she saw/heard. I don't know.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »

Sorry to be nosey, but how did you know it had been re-washed? :confused:
This discussion has been closed.