Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »

Oh no I thought it would chart higher.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    I'm so happy for Little Mix! Top 3 is the best place to be but imo it was the best song out last week so it shouldve been No.1 but that's OK...comparing with other X Factor acts first and second singles they have done amazingly well...

Leona Lewis: Bleeding Love #1 Better In Time #2
    Little Mix: Wings #1 DNA #3
    One Direction: WMYB #1 GBY #3
    Cher Lloyd: Swagger Jagger #1 With Ur Love #4
    Alexandra: Bad Boys #1 Broken Heels #8
    Misha B: Home Run #11 DYTOM #9
    Matt Cardle: Run For Your Life #6 Starlight #185
    Rebecca Ferguson: Nothings Real #10 TGTL #186

JLS: Beat Again #1, Everybody In Love #1

We have a winner :p
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    nooneoo wrote: »

Oh I forgot about them >.< I liked them two songs!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So what's happened to them now? Why are they struggling to sell singles and album? :(

I loved their songs.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so happy for Little Mix! Top 3 is the best place to be but imo it was the best song out last week so it shouldve been No.1 but that's OK...comparing with other X Factor acts first and second singles they have done amazingly well...

Leona Lewis: Bleeding Love #1 Better In Time #2
    Little Mix: Wings #1 DNA #3
    One Direction: WMYB #1 GBY #3

Cher Lloyd: Swagger Jagger #1 With Ur Love #4
    Alexandra: Bad Boys #1 Broken Heels #8
    Misha B: Home Run #11 DYTOM #9
    Matt Cardle: Run For Your Life #6 Starlight #185
    Rebecca Ferguson: Nothings Real #10 TGTL #186

Is history repeating it's self???
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I heard a snippet of Beat Again on the Chart Show today and IMO Wings is the best 1st single from an XF Act since Beat Again. :)
    Chem wrote: »
    Is history repeating it's self???

Thats what I thought!

Hopefully we dont have to wait as long as 1D did for their next #1 single though! lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, although...if DNA didnt clear near 90k in sales, I guess I'd have to consider it not worthy of the #1, if you know what I mean. Who wants a weak #1. (I do I do the crowd shouts)

I think some people managed to get a #1 single with around 60k sales only. I don't think there are that many #1 with sales over 90k tbh.

If BM/1D hadn't released last week there was always the chance they could get beaten by Labrinth :eek: which could only be worse than the current situation. I do think the strong competition helped the sales a lot.
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    Did example on here not seen as a threat on here where did they chart or are there fans more album buyers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davem1234 wrote: »
    Did example on here not seen as a threat on here where did they chart or are there fans more album buyers

Example is a guy so him not them ;)

It charted at #37 :( Shame as I think that song is brilliant.
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some people managed to get a #1 single with around 60k sales only. I don't think there are that many #1 with sales over 90k tbh.

That's what I mean though. Wings was deservedly the #1 for its week because of strong sales.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's what I mean though. Wings was deservedly the #1 for its week because of strong sales.

I don't really see it that way. If an extremely frontloaded #1 had 100k+ sales but dropped like a stone in its 2nd week, I wouldn't see it as a deserved #1. Actually I appreciate the climbers more, sales wise and position wise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really see it that way. If an extremely frontloaded #1 had 100k+ sales but dropped like a stone in its 2nd week, I wouldn't see it as a deserved #1. Actually I appreciate the climbers more, sales wise and position wise.

Don't worry
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    So what's happened to them now? Why are they struggling to sell singles and album? :(

I loved their songs.:)

Because in common with all the acts mentioned about they havent got the talent or have something different enough to last very long. Give it a couple of years you will be saying this about 1D and Little Mix. JLS have lasted longer than most.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chem wrote: »
    Wings dropped like a stone? It went to 4 :confused:

I wasn't talking about Wings :p, should've made it more clear :o. What I meant was I don't think a single is a deservedly #1 JUST because of its strong sales in its first week. Now obviously Wings maintained a rather good sales in its following weeks (thank god!), but I was referring to an example that if a song is extremely frontloaded of course it's gonna be #1 easily because of the big sales in the first days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    Because in common with all the acts mentioned about they havent got the talent or have something different enough to last very long. Give it a couple of years you will be saying this about 1D and Little Mix. JLS have lasted longer than most.

Well then thank LM have got something different and more that enough talent to last.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I dont see the two thoughts as incompatible as its all about sales in the end. In fact I'm more used to the climbing up the charts since that's mostly how it works in the US. Wings has proven itself since it never had any big drops going down the chart but has been a consistent seller.

I want DNA the single to have strong sales for its life because I wouldnt want the label to say, "You have to go back to Tween Little Mix because the public doesnt like Adult Little Mix". Warner whiplashed Stooshe and see what that got them, their album got pushed back by months.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There must be somewhere between the Tween LM and the Adult LM where all people can enjoy :D. I really think for the 3rd single they should go for CYL, that's a song that both kids and adults would enjoy and imo there are quite a few that kinda songs on their album (Going Nowhere and, although I don't like it, Turn Your Face has proven to be popular across different ages).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DNA album advert on ITV1 Now!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1992 wrote: »
    DNA album advert on ITV1 Now!! :D

Totally forgot XF the Results are on right now :eek::o Nice to see they are promoting the album! :)

OT: Have I missed Olly's performance yet? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There must be somewhere between the Tween LM and the Adult LM where all people can enjoy :D.

I noted this before in Part 2 but right now LM are in that funny zone that Disney pop princesses struggle to get out of in shedding the young image but still being too young to be gritty. If they can navigate that successfully the world is their oyster.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally forgot XF the Results are on right now :eek::o Nice to see they are promoting the album! :)

OT: Have I missed Olly's performance yet? :o

Yes you have Olly was on first :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes you have Olly was on first :)

:( Will have to watch it on ITV Player then

Alicia Key's performance......... can I say it's really not good? :o:o
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    They played Little Mix's album advert!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    Acording to Buzzjack we will get the single sales tomorrow morning :)

Picture of the girls at Radio1 > http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8ATNbdCMAAm-NK.jpg:large

They look nice :) Leigh has her classic jumper tied over the waist again :D What's the furry thing over Jesy's jacket though lol.

if Leigh-anne got rid of that jumper waist and Jesy removed that weird furry thingy, their styling would have been perfect <3!! And maybe add heels to jade's outfit and a little less makeup from all of them :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dazzled3 wrote: »
    if Leigh-anne got rid of that jumper waist and Jesy removed that weird furry thingy, their styling would have been perfect <3!! And maybe add heels to jade's outfit and a little less makeup from all of them :p

How are you sure she's not wearing one? :p

They played Little Mix's album advert!

I didn't see it :(. Why do I always miss it on TV!
This discussion has been closed.