My friend who was at the Manchester Final on Saturday

13»

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have proof of lots of things he has done .

Show us the proof..
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I believe you :) 99 %

you where there
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Show us the proof..

I'm sure the print media would love to hear from Plankenheimer and print this proof of theirs. Of course, any reputable paper (although not sure there are any left!), would want verification that it's the truth first. Otherwise they could leave themselves open to being sued for libel. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Such as?

I doubt he has done anything to warrant the level of abuse he has received. Everyone needs to remember that every year the X Factor select someone to demonise and make the villain. This year they worked a little harder at it because they chose the person voted in by the public. One would think that a silly move (an uphill battle), and indeed it was to the extent that it backfired and he got into the top 3. However, in their efforts to attack Christopher, they went a step or seven too far. The vitriol he has faced is pretty appalling...he entered a singing competition, was praised early on and undoubtedly never expected to find himself attacked as a result of following a dream.

I actually find it quite upsetting because the abuse he has received (death threats, horrible things said about his nan and so forth) really highlights just how devoid of morality society is. That's so depressing people!!! :(.

He hasn't caused a Zombie apocalypse, so let's leave him alone now please.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

can you PM?
  • plankenheimerplankenheimer Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Show us the proof..

I'm not going to show you anything .
  • plankenheimerplankenheimer Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Such as?

I doubt he has done anything to warrant the level of abuse he has received. Everyone needs to remember that every year the X Factor select someone to demonise and make the villain. This year they worked a little harder at it because they chose the person voted in by the public. One would think that a silly move (an uphill battle), and indeed it was to the extent that it backfired and he got into the top 3. However, in their efforts to attack Christopher, they went a step or seven too far. The vitriol he has faced is pretty appalling...he entered a singing competition, was praised early on and undoubtedly never expected to find himself attacked as a result of following a dream.

I actually find it quite upsetting because the abuse he has received (death threats, horrible things said about his nan and so forth) really highlights just how devoid of morality society is. That's so depressing people!!! :(.

He hasn't caused a Zombie apocalypse, so let's leave him alone now please.

I agree the abuse he got was bang out of order and he was bullied by the judges imo .
    However the way he behaved himself was disgraceful too .
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why were they booing? Can't they accept that a contestant they want to leave has fans that are voting for them. Are they so flaming immature and intolerant that they have to act like toddlers having tantrums because they can't get their own way. I feel so sorry for that poor man and shame on the bullies in the audience. Mind they are probably so thick they don't feel shame.
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree the abuse he got was bang out of order and he was bullied by the judges imo .
    However the way he behaved himself was disgraceful too .

Why was he disgrceful
  • AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    I certainly didn't think Christopher had the X-Factor by any means but what on earth did he do wrong for people to hate him so much? He's just a bloke who entered a competition and he obviously had plenty of fans or wouldn't have come third.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,143
    Forum Member
    Just wondering, and this is slightly off topic but anyone able to find a video taken by someone in the audience of the moment James won?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I loved Jahmene. He was one of my favourites from the start. I didn't take to Christopher. But you (and many others on these boards) are being extremely disingenuous. You can't apply different sets of rules to people dependent on whether you like them or not.

I said it before. Chris is not the devil incarnate. He didn't commit murder and he certainly hasn't done you personally any harm (unless there's something you're not telling us).This level of vitriol towards someone whose only crime was to appear weekly on a soddin' entertainment show (which has now ended, by the way), from not just you but others is utterly appalling

He has his flaws, but so do we all. So don't act as if you're any better than him.

In fact, I would say that those who hurl online abuse at someone for no apparent reason other than listening to and believing rumours and innuendos and who they have never actually encountered in real life are worse than the person they're targeting (and that goes for all who are subject to this kind of behaviour; not just Christopher).

You are spot on. I can never understand people that take reality shows too seriously and develop a strange hate obsession towards contestants to the extent of sending hate messages and death thtreats to someones twitter/Facebook. Alot of people really have their priorities twisted and it just goes to prove the fact that Tv really does dumb people down if they are weak minded.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    It's quite sad really. I'm no Christopher fan but I hate the way he's been treated. I mean nothing was Christopher's fault. It was not his fault that he got the votes, but according to some of the comments you would think he was personally responsible for other people being voted off.

Okay..(IMO) he has a good voice but no 'star quality' ...again though.. 'not his fault'. All he did was 'audition for the X Factor' , and, since we live in a free country everyone including your granny has a right to do this. Not his fault that the judges chose to tell him how great he was and put him through to judges houses:confused:. Did you expect him to turn this down and say he didn't want to go through? Tell me one person who has done this.:rolleyes:

You also might say that he's not the best looking guy in the world either and lacks confidence and stage presence. In other words he's just too 'ordinary' looking and not that a great singer, therefore he should never have gone the distance he did on X Factor. The guy had no control over this however and did go the distance...through no fault of his own.

To blame him for getting to the semi finals is really a form of bullying for something he had no control over and is in fact quite an achievement. It's really really nasty to treat someone like this when all he's done is audition for XFactor and been praised by the judges who told him how great he was ...(great enough to be put through to judges houses then selected for 'the peoples vote)... none of this was his fault. (He didn't know that they were lying to him about his 'talent' and really had him selected for 'cannon fodder'.

Being kept in by the public was also outside his control. And when the judges realised that this 'person' whom they considered cannon fodder was actually being 'kept in by the public' they began a campaign of demeaning him as if he had forced his way into the contest and his presence in the line up was 'nothing to do with them'. And the contestants seem to follow the judges' lead and blame him for Ella's departure,as if it was Chris's fault that not enough people voted for her. Then the press started on him and ripped him apart. It's absolutely disgusting because the guy's done nothing wrong. No wonder the guy has lost it a few times being treated like he's been treated. :(

Got bored as soon as you mentioned bullying