Options

iOS 7 DO you Honestly find the new update Looks Better

2»

Comments

• Options
    tomvoxxtomvoxx Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overall I have to say yes. It's a nice clean look that for me just looks fresher than the old version.
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes AND no. There are things I like but some things that really bug me. I hate the white keyboard & the calendar is horrible. I would be happy if there was a bit more customisation. ................

my thoughts on ios7 are listed above :)

I much prefer the old keyboard design ,layout and colours and wonder why it is not possible to customize it to the same on ios7

It seems its still around on FB messenger
  • Options
    Skylover4lifeSkylover4life Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss a couple of things.

Search, on iOS6 I used to be able to swipe to get access to Google and Wikipedia search, and I used this so so much, however on iOS7 swiping down brings up the search box however you can only search things on your phone.

Quick social network updates... Used to be able to tweet and post Facebook updates really quick from the notification bar, now you either have to either load the app or talk to Siri.
  • Options
    jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes :):)
  • Options
    muchlymuchly Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Absolutely yes. I love iOS7. It looks clean, the animations and attention to detail is fantastic. The way photos are stored is just brilliant.
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My oh isn't too keen on it on her 4s. I have android so can't comment. It didn't slow it down though, just appearance and functionality she's not mad on. Can you go back to 6 as a matter of interest?
  • Options
    c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My oh isn't too keen on it on her 4s. I have android so can't comment. It didn't slow it down though, just appearance and functionality she's not mad on. Can you go back to 6 as a matter of interest?

You could yesterday, but it seems today that's changed so you're stuck with it now unless you know somebody that has the file:)
  • Options
    clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    No it doesn't look better at all. The dynamic wallpaper etc is impressive but the actual icons, text notifications, red notification alerts etc just look really cheap.

Obligatory "dynamic wallpaper is the same thing thats been on Android for years" comment ...

But I agree - it doesn't look better. Maybe it'd look okay on a white iPhone, but set against a black 4S it looks utterly terrible. Icon design is ... boring. There's a little stutter on transitions (on Android it would be described as "lag").

Keyboard is as bad as it ever was, it really does need to be updated ... in a big way (ie. case should change rather than just have the highlighted shift key). The keyboard is - in effect - still a huge skeuomorphic element of the interface that they haven't touched.
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks great on a white iphone. I really like it. I've not seen it on a black one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »
    It looks great on a white iphone. I really like it. I've not seen it on a black one.

It's a very marmite design; but can't imagine how it can truly be described as great - its little more than a theme, the sort of thing thats been available on other platforms since they were created, and I believe possible on jailbroken iPhones as well ...

Although I do remember comparing white and black PSPs years back, and thought that everything looked better on the black one - this is possibly the reverse.
  • Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    You could yesterday, but it seems today that's changed so you're stuck with it now unless you know somebody that has the file:)

Even if you have the file and install it, it still has to be activated by Apple so you probably can't now. 2 days ago you could but Apple very quickly stop allowing activation of older OSs.
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it behaves much better but I don't like the look!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Even if you have the file and install it, it still has to be activated by Apple so you probably can't now. 2 days ago you could but Apple very quickly stop allowing activation of older OSs.

Ah yes I forgot about the verification with Apple, thanks for reminding me :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clonmult wrote: »

Keyboard is as bad as it ever was, it really does need to be updated ... in a big way (ie. case should change rather than just have the highlighted shift key). The keyboard is - in effect - still a huge skeuomorphic element of the interface that they haven't touched.

I find nothing wrong with the keyboard, I type with it and it works.
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Being slightly controversial here, as other report the opposite, but I think it looks a little garish on the iPhone. The icons are just too bright and too colourful. I like some of the improvements, but not the colours.

However the revelation is the iPad Mini. I think it really suits the larger screen, more "air" around the icons helps tone the brightness down. I really like how it works, too. One of my most used buttons was the orientation lock. It's just easier to get to in the control centre now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan Sette wrote: »
    The icons are just too bright and too colourful. I like some of the improvements, but not the colours.

I found that at first as well on my 4S, I adjusted the screen brightness down quite a bit and I find it much better now.
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a very marmite design; but can't imagine how it can truly be described as great - its little more than a theme, the sort of thing thats been available on other platforms since they were created, and I believe possible on jailbroken iPhones as well ...

Although I do remember comparing white and black PSPs years back, and thought that everything looked better on the black one - this is possibly the reverse.

I think the way it all works on different layers through the Z axis makes it a bit more than just a theme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    I think the way it all works on different layers through the Z axis makes it a bit more than just a theme.

I've got active wallpapers on the Nexus 7 that appear to do almost exactly the same thing ....

Got no problems with it on iOS, but it isnt anything new.
  • Options
    Psycho_KittyPsycho_Kitty Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't like the design, i don't think it looks as 'polished'. I wish I hadn't have downloaded it.:p
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got active wallpapers on the Nexus 7 that appear to do almost exactly the same thing ....

Got no problems with it on iOS, but it isnt anything new.

I'm not saying that active wallpapers are necessarily new. Its not about new or not new. Its about just a theme or more than just a theme.

I would say that the way iOS7 works on several layers through the Z axis makes it a bit more than a theme.

Its not just active wallpapers - its all through the OS the stock apps, and something developers can use in their apps.
  • Options
    PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    It's very laggy on my iPhone 4 and I thought it looked better before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i don't like the design, i don't think it looks as 'polished'. I wish I hadn't have downloaded it.:p

Couldn't put it better myself.

Funny I would like to know IF ! It was possible
    to go back to the old version, how many would.

I am so glad I have not updated my phone.
  • Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from the Calendar and Notes app appearing unfinished , not too much to moan about really . I think it looks nice .
  • Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    Apart from the Calendar and Notes app appearing unfinished , not too much to moan about really . I think it looks nice .

Agree with this. When I first updated I thought it looked a bit "funny" but it was really because my wallpaper clashed a bit with the lighter colours.

Once I had updated my wallpaper things looked a lot better. However, the calendar app, which I use all the time, needs toning down a little.
  • Options
    Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find nothing wrong with the keyboard, I type with it and it works.

Same here, I don't know what the issue is, it's white squares with black letters on, very easy to see and type......