ARQ A Config: TBN UK, Community Channel and TruTV

2»

Comments

• technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This s how the UK DTT platform is organised
    http://www.dtg.org.uk/projects/dtv_consultation/UK%20DTT%20Ecosystem%20diagram.pdf
    But now DMOL is merged with digital uk.

No one controls the platform.
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    This s how the UK DTT platform is organised
    http://www.dtg.org.uk/projects/dtv_consultation/UK%20DTT%20Ecosystem%20diagram.pdf
    But now DMOL is merged with digital uk.

No one controls the platform.

No one has overall control of the platform, might be a better way of putting it.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    chrisy wrote: »
    No one has overall control of the platform, might be a better way of putting it.

That sounds more like it.
  • Think TVThink TV Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    New configuration as of 16th September 2014:

The video streams are as follows on ARQ A:

24 HOURS
    1) Pick
    2) Challenge
    3) Sky News
    4) Gems TV
    5) Food Network
    6) Movies4Men
    7) Movie Mix
    8) TBN UK
    9) TruTV
    10) E4+1

11) from 04:00 Blue /from 05:00 Babestation 2 /from 08:00 Really
    12) from 06:00 Create & Craft /from 18:00 Travel Channel /from 22:00 Smile TV 2
    13) from 03:00 Party /from 07:00 Dave
    14) from 00:00 Party /from 03:00 Community Channel /from 15:00 Pop+1 /from 19:00 Community Channel

Changes on 16th September are shown in bold. TruTV+1 not allocated as of yet
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    Think TV wrote: »
    TruTV+1 not allocated as of yet

Any guesses as to which channel(s) will be leaving to accomodate? It could end up taking Community's evening hours - I can't really see any of the other channels on that mux going anywhere.
  • David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think TV wrote: »
    New configuration as of 16th September 2014:

The video streams are as follows on ARQ A:

24 HOURS
    1) Pick
    2) Challenge
    3) Sky News
    4) Gems TV
    5) Food Network
    6) Movies4Men
    7) Movie Mix
    8) TBN UK
    9) TruTV
    10) E4+1

11) from 04:00 Blue /from 05:00 Babestation 2 /from 08:00 Really
    12) from 06:00 Create & Craft /from 18:00 Travel Channel /from 22:00 Smile TV 2
    13) from 03:00 Party /from 07:00 Dave
    14) from 00:00 Party /from 03:00 Community Channel /from 15:00 Pop+1 /from 19:00 Community Channel

Changes on 16th September are shown in bold. TruTV+1 not allocated as of yet
    you will find that Smile TV 2 is on ARQ B not A . so you mite mean Smile TV 3. as Smile TV 2 times shares with ideal world. also i was jest looking at the EPG info for TruTV+1 & it has programmes starting from 7am tomorrow morning. but this info only shows up in the now & next bar.
  • tompaynetompayne Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Any guesses as to which channel(s) will be leaving to accomodate? It could end up taking Community's evening hours - I can't really see any of the other channels on that mux going anywhere.

Possibly Travel Channel if they have found somewhere to broadcast more hours?
  • BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I have just posted on the Community Channel topic, LCN63 ceases on October 1st at 04:00
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBN is a joke as it doesn't broadcast anything at the moment.
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

TBN starts broadcasting on freeview on 5/1/2015.
  • SonOfPurpleSonOfPurple Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having a quick glance at the EPG this morning, I noted that truTV +1 was showing programme listings from 0500 to 0800 next Wednesday (1 Oct), as per the shows on the main channel an hour before, and blank either side (it's been blank, i.e. showing no listings, since its addition.) Now, as not all channels had fully populated their listings for next Wednesday it can't be taken as gospel, as the lineup could flesh out more fully over the next couple days, but IIRC there was a 5am-8am chunk of one of the Arqiva multiplexes going spare after an earlier channel change...

I note in passing that my guide hadn't yet populated CBS Action listings for next Wednesday yet but, I'd assume, they'll be fed in over the coming few days ahead of launch (and POP +1, now transmitting from 1500-1900, was still showing 'Coming soon' at all times, including during its on-air hours, at least as of yesterday)...
  • epsilonepsilon Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having a quick glance at the EPG this morning, I noted that truTV +1 was showing programme listings from 0500 to 0800 next Wednesday (1 Oct), as per the shows on the main channel an hour before, and blank either side (it's been blank, i.e. showing no listings, since its addition.) Now, as not all channels had fully populated their listings for next Wednesday it can't be taken as gospel, as the lineup could flesh out more fully over the next couple days, but IIRC there was a 5am-8am chunk of one of the Arqiva multiplexes going spare after an earlier channel change...

Really's timeslot runs from 8am to 4am and Blue runs from 4am to 5am. The 5am to 8am capacity has been free for a very long time. It would appear that truTV +1 will be taking the vacant capacity between Blue and Really.

Note: some DS users also list Babestation 2 as occupying the 5am to 6am slot, even though it wouldn't have made much sense to allocate 2 consecutive slots to a single operator on the same timeshare. Babestation 2, more logically slots into the free capacity between SmileTV 3 and Create & Craft.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So what is the promo loop saying "coming January 2015" if it's not a broadcast then? And how exactly is a channel that has not yet launched, but is advertising its intended start date, "a joke"?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    looking at the EPG yesterday it looks like TruTV+1 will be on air from 5am to 9am. but i cant see what channel or channels its time sharing with.
  • EEPhilEEPhil Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    looking at the EPG yesterday it looks like TruTV+1 will be on air from 5am to 9am. but i cant see what channel or channels its time sharing with.

The EPG may say 5am to 9am but it was only on 5am to 8am. Could it be that it shares its time with Really? It looked as though there was no teleshopping - just an MHEG caption when I looked before 8.
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I presume that with a +1 for a niche channel that is only on from 5-8 am there mist be some "master plan" otherwise what is the point? I wouldn't have thought that 69 was worth an LCN squat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    I presume that with a +1 for a niche channel that is only on from 5-8 am there mist be some "master plan" otherwise what is the point? I wouldn't have thought that 69 was worth an LCN squat.

Presume it's a future-proofing exercise, gives 'em the slot to then do with as they please in future - launch a second channel, full-time the timeshift if space becomes available, or sell it on to another broadcaster. All depends on what Turner's longterm plans are - I'd wager they're looking to see how well truTV does before deciding what to throw down next.

I think that may also be why they chose to go on 565 on Sky rather than up in the entertainment grid with similar channels (CBS Reality et al) - as Sky still does the 'plus one slot' in the documentaries grid, but has dropped it in most other sections, being on 565 gives them the right to 566, which they could, if they novate an EPG slot from elsewhere (as no more SD slots are granted new), use to add truTV +1 to Sky; then, if they were to later move up to entertainment, the channels would stay together (much as with Trouble and Trouble Reload in 2006) rather than split apart. Just a hunch.
  • Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Community Channel back to being 24 hour operation:-
    Bad news: You won't find @ComChanTV on #Freeview 63 between the 6th and the 11th January. Good news: When we come back we'll be 24/7!

https://twitter.com/ComChanTV/status/549213232813338624
    Amazing news for @ComChanTV viewers - as of January 12th we'll be on #Freeview 24 hours a day on @FreeviewTV channel 63 - more info soon!

https://twitter.com/ComChanTV/status/549501394047467521

I also see that the Adult Channels (apart from Television X) also stop having their EPG listed from Friday. IIRC it was posted here somewhere that they are 'leased' on a yearly contract anyway?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something else must be happening on the 6th and 11th January.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad Community is back to 24 hours rather then sharing with a +1 channel.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also see that the Adult Channels (apart from Television X) also stop having their EPG listed from Friday. IIRC it was posted here somewhere that they are 'leased' on a yearly contract anyway?

Good get this tat off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    Something else must be happening on the 6th and 11th January.

There was news going round recently of Tiny Pop getting a full 'launch' on Freeview on 7 Jan (having up to now been a parttime service, with Community off while TP is on) - perhaps Tiny Pop is taking over Community's current slot to extend its hours and Community is moving elsewhere, possibly the vacated BT Sport 2 space? I note from the satellite EPG that as of Monday, Tiny Pop is broadcasting programmes until midnight, having previously given way to teleshopping at 2230...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Community Channel back to being 24 hour operation:-

i would not go by EPG listing as sometime they can be wrong. jest look at TruTV+1 it shows 24 hours listing but is not on air 24 hours
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    It is ridiculous at waiting for 5 months :mad: but I like the song that's on though, wonder who it is?

The original music was "Like A Fire" by Planetshakers. It changed to a different song, which they're currently using, a couple of months back. I haven't been able to find out anything about this second song though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    I haven't been able to find out anything about this second song though.
    Shazam doesn't recognize it, which is unusual.