Options

This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 21**

Comments

• Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    There was always something way funnier about dour, Battle-of-Stalingrad Artem being forced to do comedy than the likes of eager beaver TTF. I think it was the way he couldn't hide not giving a shit.

I still treasure the metal imagine of him and Gavin Henson, and the Strictly charabang to Blackpool drinking vodka, singing rude rugby songs to upset Widdy and then getting progressively drunker, depressed and very very Russian - it never happened, but in my mind it did (which is the important thing)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Anton can't do it because he is the Prince Philip of Strictly.

Aaaaaand there's my coffee all over my keyboard. Cheers!
  • Options
    TisiLeClercTisiLeClerc Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    Yoohoo DOTS!

I didn't know who Alison Hammond was until I saw her on 'Celebrity Masterchef'.

Her and Shrek Wallace in the same kitchen .....nasty
    Perhaps they should be partnered together?

Shrek has a bit of a temper and doesn't like criticism....HAH!
    I'm also putting money on him becoming besotted with his partner as he could fall in
    love with a warm scarf
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yoohoo DOTS!

I'm also putting money on him becoming besotted with his partner as he could fall in
    love with a warm scarf

Bonjour LeClerc! Ca va?

(That's the limit of my French)
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yoohoo DOTS!

love with a warm scarf

Ditch the pros and have all the celebs partnering each other?
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thinking of some of the naff phrases Len will come out with:

Gregg: 'dancing doesn't get tougher than this'.

Mark: 'For you, the only way is up'

Steve: something about snake hips or being deadly on the dancefloor

I'm sure there will be many more.
  • Options
    Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gregg, I felt the ingredients were there but it was all a bit undercooked.

Sunetra, it was a bit like an episode of Casualty. I could hardly watch for worrying about what was going to happen next. (Actually, more like Bruno and I hope he doesn't say anything like that. I like Sunetra.)
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To Allison : " it was like watching a car crash, it was horrible but you couldn't help but continue to watch to see what was going to happen next "

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    Bonjour LeClerc! Ca va?

(That's the limit of my French)

Bonsoir Mimi!

Glad to be back!
    Think we have an awful lot of Non-Appreciating Material to work with this season

Can we hold a minutes silence for the memory of Henri Didier who passed over
    to the other side..... onto the Ethereal Strictly Dance Floor earlier this year:cry:
    He only had a short time as a Non-Appreciator....but he was dedicated and ardent in
    his pithy commentaries....RIP Henri
  • Options
    Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    Unappreciating Simon's hair. He looks like he has a giant cone at the top of his head :o:o !!! Awful haircut...
    He must have been watching Coneheads when he decided to get that awful haircut.
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Bonsoir Mimi!

Glad to be back!
    Think we have an awful lot of Non-Appreciating Material to work with this season

to the other side..... onto the Ethereal Strictly Dance Floor earlier this year:cry:
    He only had a short time as a Non-Appreciator....but he was dedicated and ardent in

Hi LeClerc

Glad to hear you are back. RIP Monsieur Didier - he was such an amusing unappreciator.

And yes I do agree. We have loads of material this year.
  • Options
    RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonsoir Mimi!

Glad to be back!

Good to have you back, TisI. Very sorry to hear about M. Didier. I used to look forward to hearing his views.

I really hope this series gives me a boat load of stuff to unappreciate compared to the dross last year that hardly raised any enthusiasm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rednell wrote: »
    Good to have you back, TisI. Very sorry to hear about M. Didier. I used to look forward to hearing his views.

I really hope this series gives me a boat load of stuff to unappreciate compared to the dross last year that hardly raised any enthusiasm.

I think we are going to be in for a real unappreciating treat....I really do.
    We've had some 'greats' in the past but i think we may have some potential
    memorable moments up and coming....let's just stand back and light the blue touch paper:o
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Monseir Didier, I hope the cows are ok.

He was a great NAT contributor and I think he would have had much to unappreciate this year.

It seemed to be a very vanilla year but suddenly the celebs have opened their mouths and got dressed in their strictly gear and the game is on :D
  • Options
    Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    Bonsoir Mimi!

Glad to be back!

:( R.I.P. Henri Didier.
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    RIP Monseir Didier, I hope the cows are ok.

He was a great NAT contributor and I think he would have had much to unappreciate this year.

It seemed to be a very vanilla year but suddenly the celebs have opened their mouths and got dressed in their strictly gear and the game is on :D

But no matter how bland some of the celebs may seem we can always rely on Wardrobe to provide us with plenty to unappreciate :D
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about M. Henri Didier. How is Madame coping?
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad news about M. Henri Didier :(

Oh, Ward Robe - never change

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2741341/Pixie-Lott-Frankie-Sandford-lead-glamour-tight-bright-costumes-Strictly-Come-Dancing-launch.html

Just what crazy mind skills do you have to get Alison and Jennifer into that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know but I am more disturbed by Tims teeth, why did no one warn me? Is that a bit of cabbage at the bottom?

And the shock of seeing FF in the pictures, he is never going to let go is he?

After seeing the picture of Mark I am dead chuffed I STILL don't recognise him, damn you celeb bookers I am actually going to have to admit to recognising a TOWIE person in future,:(

On a serious note, I notice Allison has low heeled shoes on,with a ballroom dress. This surely does not bode well for her feet and ankle health if the series has not even started and heels are not an option. I am not a dancer, but I believe that heels make it easier to make the correct lines and turn on them to turn elegantly. Someone who knows can you confirm if this is a problem?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Alison is suffering from being a tall lady who would be brushing 6 foot in heels - are any of the male pros that tall without the aid of a bit of stacking :D

I really can't express just how much I loathe Jennifer's outfit. It looks like a badly dyed net curtain run up into a hen night dress a couple of sizes too small with a bit of just as badly dyed voile tacked on in a last minute attempt to jazz it up a bit (and do 'do something' about it 'cos it's a bit short when I sit down) I want Patrick Grant from Sewing Bee to come and stare at it and sigh meaningfully.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »
    I think Alison is suffering from being a tall lady who would be brushing 6 foot in heels - are any of the male pros that tall without the aid of a bit of stacking :D

I really can't express just how much I loathe Jennifer's outfit. It looks like a badly dyed net curtain run up into a hen night dress a couple of sizes too small with a bit of just as badly dyed voile tacked on in a last minute attempt to jazz it up a bit (and do 'do something' about it 'cos it's a bit short when I sit down) I want Patrick Grant from Sewing Bee to come and stare at it and sigh meaningfully.

Don't we all *sigh*

Don't know which I'm more disturbed with, the sheer size of Pixie's hair, Gregg still carrying the camp serial killer snooker player vibe, or that Brucie appears to have three arms, because going by the expression on Claudia's face someone's goosing her, and he's closest :o

Jake's expression and pose seem to suggest he's about to start the world's campest rumble
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Patrick could be persuaded to do the outfit discussions on ITT? <hopeful face>

I like the way Scott is standing with his head slap bang in the middle of a glitter ball backdrop, which in no way accentuates the stickyoutness of his ears.

Simon looks a bit blank, sadly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Patrick could be persuaded to do the outfit discussions on ITT? <hopeful face>

I like the way Scott is standing with his head slap bang in the middle of a glitter ball backdrop, which in no way accentuates the stickyoutness of his ears.

Simon looks a bit blank, sadly.

If you can ignore the hair, and god it's difficult, I think he'll fall into the pretty to look at, but oh so dull category - which is sad.

I'm getting prepared to be outraged and clutch my pearls in case Iveta or Natalie get stuck with Gregg or TOWIE bloke
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have just seen Jennifer standing next to Allison on the BBC news, Jennifer looks taller, and that dress even more vile.

Aljaz and Brendan and Anton are the tallest I think, I don't know about Trent or Tristan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    Have just seen Jennifer standing next to Allison on the BBC news, Jennifer looks taller, and that dress even more vile.

Aljaz and Brendan and Anton are the tallest I think, I don't know about Trent or Tristan

Just had a proper look at Jennifer's dress, oh goodness, it's completely vile, it's like someone's put together a Strictly tribute dress, in the dark using the scraps scavenged from the aftermath of a pole dancing club cat fight. It's horrible, truly horrible, can she already have upset Ward Robe, will the dreaded Natalie Cassidy Memorial Bow make an appearance on her hair next :o:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is beyond hideous. There's been some corkers in the past but it wins hands down.
    At least the others gave a nod to being either ballroom or Latin - hers just looks like a cheap, off the peg, ill fitting 'best frock' that's had a 15 minute makeover with some net curtain and a glue gun.
This discussion has been closed.