Options

BNP expels Nick Griffin.

Comments

• Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    UKIP are the only party which bans people who were previous members of the BNP

They're the only party which need to make it a policy.
  • Options
    OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »
    Racists, xenophobes, homophobes, etc exist in ALL political parties. Sick and tired of the constant BS that they only exist in UKIP.

and WHO has said they only exist in Ukip? there are certainly people both IN the Labour party, and people who vote for and support the Labour party who hold some or all of the views you have just listed, the Tories and no doubt the lib dems also have them,

it's just that Ukip seem to have considerably more than their fair share, they are certainly attracting support away from the BNP in significant numbers, as both Farage and Hamilton have openly expressed 'pride' in the fact that they are attracting,.... and this is the best bit, "decent BNP voters" what sort of party could use "BNP voter" and "decent" to describe the same person or group of people?

Shows where their heads are.
  • Options
    MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and WHO has said they only exist in Ukip? there are certainly people both IN the Labour party, and people who vote for and support the Labour party who hold some or all of the views you have just listed, the Tories and no doubt the lib dems also have them,

it's just that Ukip seem to have considerably more than their fair share, they are certainly attracting support away from the BNP in significant numbers, as both Farage and Hamilton have openly expressed 'pride' in the fact that they are attracting,.... and this is the best bit, "decent BNP voters" what sort of party could use "BNP voter" and "decent" to describe the same person or group of people?

Shows where their heads are.

Did you ever reply to my post on another thread that appeared to show that most BNP support was coming from Labour voters?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MartinP wrote: »
    Did you ever reply to my post on another thread that appeared to show that most BNP support was coming from Labour voters?

Not really but feel free to point it out again when the Labour leadership 'boast' of their "pride" that over one third of the BNP support has come over to them, because it doesn't "appear" as though that's happened,

Because Farage and Hamilton are on record saying how "proud" they are, as well as a 'sour grapes' comment from Griffin whining that Ukip have stolen his voters, his slogans and his rhetoric.

I am an ex factory worker from Stoke on Trent by the way, so you can't tell me about the 'type' of people who vote BNP,
    Sure there were quite a few from Labour, and the Tories,
    and lots of "I never vote it's a waste of time" types too, which usually means "there isn't a racist party for me to vote for so I will vote for no one"
    But there were a hell of a lot more who would never vote BNP,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Most BNP support" was probably only about six people, though, so not really statistically significant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Would like to place a bet that by this time next year there will have been more ex BNP members found to be members of UKIP than UKIP will have MPs

Probably true as I doubt they cross reference their membership list with the BNPs, someone as high profile as Griffin wouldn't go under the radar though.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My heart bleeds for him

Not
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack1 wrote: »
    Probably true as I doubt they cross reference their membership list with the BNPs, someone as high profile as Griffin wouldn't go under the radar though.

Yeah, I've always wondered how that works. I mean, the BNP membership list's secret. Except that time it got leaked. And using illegally obtained information to vet your new members has to break some rule or other, surely?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    "Most BNP support" was probably only about six people, though, so not really statistically significant.

The weighted BNP sample was 1122 people
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really

You ignored it totally, ran away scared, because it didn't fit with your agenda.
    I am an ex factory worker from Stoke on Trent by the way, so you can't tell me about the 'type' of people who vote BNP,
    Sure there were quite a few from Labour, and the Tories,

Yes indeed quite a lot from Labour. The question is how many would there have to be before you stopped supporting them? I have a hunch you'd support Labour no matter what...
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the BNP die and UKIP end up as the most right wing party in UK politics I suppose that's progress . . . . . . .
  • Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    Somehow I thought they'd already done this.

Presumably he'll join UKIP now.

Actually UKIP the ONLY party who don't allow ex-members of either the BNP or the EDL to join.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    Actually UKIP the ONLY party who don't allow ex-members of either the BNP or the EDL to join.

Yeah, we've been discussing that. How does it work? The BNP's member list is secret, and the EDL doesn't have one. How do they keep them out?
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's face it - Ukip are the only party to ban former BNP members because Ukip are the only party that had to ban former BNP members.

Nobody has said that all Ukippers are racists, nor that other parties don't have a few racists in their ranks. But you cannot deny Ukip seems to attract racists and nutters in droves. I would genuinely be interested to know the number of current Ukip supporters have previously voted for the BNP.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know your crap when your too crap even for the BNP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You ignored it totally,ran away scared, because it didn't fit with your agenda.
    Really? I "ran away scared" wow, we have Marvo the magnificent mind reader in our midst folks, tell me Marvo, what am I thinking now?.......... Yes, I am aware that it's physically impossible, it's a figure of speech.

What do suppose post # 30 of this thread is? Is that me running away scared or is that me responding to your demands that I answer your question?

Did it ever cross your mind that I didn't answer because I couldn't be bothered as the answer should be obvious to 'most people'?
    1/ have Labour gone on record expressing "pride" that they have attracted one third of the BNP vote AWAY from the BNP and TO them?

2/ IF, as you claim, "a lot" (so precise) of Labour supporters have LEFT Labour to join the BNP, does that not indicate that, for this unknown number of people Labour aren't racist enough for them? so, as you say "a lot" of racist Labour supporters have defected to the BNP due to Labour not being racist enough.

So the BNP voters that Farage is so "proud" of attracting, have they been supporting the BNP all this time just waiting for a 'slightly less racist party to come along?
    Or, could they be joining Ukip in droves because they believe that at last a party with some of, or similar views to theirs has turned up with a more respectable 'face' as a mouthpiece and a better PR team?

I stress, I am only talking about the ex BNP voters.

Yes indeed quite a lot from Labour. The question is how many would there have to be before you stopped supporting them? I have a hunch you'd support Labour no matter what...
    Yes indeed you keep saying "quite a lot" without giving any actualfigures or quotes from people in the Labour party admitting that lots of Labour voters have LEFT Labour to JOIN the BNP, can you spot the subtle difference between people leaving your party to support an openly racist party,
    and people leaving an openly racist party to join yours?

To answer your hunch" (is it a big one and do you live in a bell tower?) I welcome any number of people LEAVING Labour to join the BNP it shows just how non racist Labour are, It's the idea of over one third of the BNP vote JOINING Labour that would cause me to not vote for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    Let's face it - Ukip are the only party to ban former BNP members because Ukip are the only party that had to ban former BNP members.

Nobody has said that all Ukippers are racists, nor that other parties don't have a few racists in their ranks. But you cannot deny Ukip seems to attract racists and nutters in droves. I would genuinely be interested to know the number of current Ukip supporters have previously voted for the BNP.

Well they do have the support of the ex EDL leader Tommy Robinson who urged the EDL following to vote Ukip because "They say what we say but in a different way"
    A resounding endorsement and one that Farage is no doubt also "proud" of.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/100210451/english-defence-league-leader-endorses-ukip-this-is-a-nightmare-for-nigel-farage/

ETA,
    See the guys in the photo? I wonder if these are some of those "decent" BNP voters Hamilton was talking about?

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? I "ran away scared" wow, we have Marvo the magnificent mind reader in our midst folks, tell me Marvo, what am I thinking now?

Tories are vermin, Bedroom tax grr!, Thatcher is evil etc... do I win a prize? ;-)
    What do suppose post # 30 of this thread is? Is that me running away scared or is that me responding to your demands that I answer your question?

I said that you ran away on the other thread.
    Did it ever cross your mind that I didn't answer because I couldn't be bothered as the answer should be obvious to 'most people'?

No, because I don't believe you. The post was showing that many former Labour voters may have joined the BNP so it's logical then when they leave the BNP they would be going back to Labour. That was the point I was responding to.
    1/ have Labour gone on record expressing "pride" that they have attracted one third of the BNP vote AWAY from the BNP and TO them?

Don't know and don't care because that wasn't the point I was responding to. Now you are repeating this point because your earlier point around votes from the BNP to Labour has been challenged.
    2/ IF, as you claim, "a lot" (so precise) of Labour supporters have LEFT Labour to join the BNP, does that not indicate that, for this unknown number of people Labour aren't racist enough for them? so, as you say "a lot" of racist Labour supporters have defected to the BNP due to Labour not being racist enough.

Read the link I posted and you'll see that they say that Labour no longer stand for them. I think it's a reasonable assumption that they feel impacted by mass immigration so it's not unreasonable to see why some voted BNP
    So the BNP voters that Farage is so "proud" of attracting, have they been supporting the BNP all this time just waiting for a 'slightly less racist party to come along?
    Or, could they be joining Ukip in droves because they believe that at last a party with some of, or similar views to theirs has turned up with a more respectable 'face' as a mouthpiece and a better PR team?

I stress, I am only talking about the ex BNP voters.

I expect most former BNP voters are not violent thugs who hate people due to the colour of their skin. They probably didn't really want to vote BNP but felt nobody was listening to an area of their concern, perhaps they wanted a protest vote and feel UKIP is promising them something they like.
    Yes indeed you keep saying "quite a lot" without giving any actualfigures or quotes from people in the Labour party admitting that lots of Labour voters have LEFT Labour to JOIN the BNP, can you spot the subtle difference between people leaving your party to support an openly racist party,
    and people leaving an openly racist party to join yours?

To answer your hunch" (is it a big one and do you live in a bell tower?) I welcome any number of people LEAVING Labour to join the BNP it shows just how non racist Labour are, It's the idea of over one third of the BNP vote JOINING Labour that would cause me to not vote for them.

You have no actual figures either, you are just re-quoting a guestimate from Farage.
  • Options
    John146John146 Posts: 12,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can Griffin now claim unemployment benefit, and if he does apply to join UKIP would that qualify him got Job Seekers Allowance..:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »

Sorry, but EDL don't have members only supporters.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they do have the support of the ex EDL leader Tommy Robinson who urged the EDL following to vote Ukip because "They say what we say but in a different way"
    A resounding endorsement and one that Farage is no doubt also "proud" of.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/100210451/english-defence-league-leader-endorses-ukip-this-is-a-nightmare-for-nigel-farage/

ETA,
    See the guys in the photo? I wonder if these are some of those "decent" BNP voters Hamilton was talking about?

:D

Well, it had no effect at all did it, that link is a year old and they won the Euro elections since then.

Re the photo, don't judge people by their looks.
  • Options
    richcleverrichclever Posts: 12,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arthur11 wrote: »
    Well, it had no effect at all did it, that link is a year old and they won the Euro elections since then.

Re the photo, don't judge people by their looks.
    Yeah, I'm sure this lovely chap on an EDL march in 2012 had that tattoo because he's a Hindu really http://indymedia.org.uk/images/2012/09/499624.jpg
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's naughty!

More impossible. It coudn't happen.
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »

Most BNP supporters were exLabour voters.
  • Options
    BlairdennonBlairdennon Posts: 14,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    They're the only party which need to make it a policy.

Did not Trevor Maxfield become Major of Darwen as a Labour Party member and work with the current Labour candidate for Heywood, despite having been in the BNP for several years. I suppose the 'need' is based on the fact that the other parties will tell lies. If being an ex member of the BNP is some form of criticism then surely Labour and their choice of Major of Darwen are not above criticism. Whereas UKIP are indeed above such criticism because if they at least have the knowledge the member is banned.