Can you tell if someone has blocked your mobile number?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
Forum Member
Hi, I was just wondering if someone could tell me whether you would know if someone has blocked your mobile number on their mobile phone.

I had a row with a mate a few weeks ago and wanted to sort things out, so have tried to send her a text today, but in the delivery report it just says it's pending. It's a bit unusual for her to have her phone switched off so I'm pretty sure it's not that, so it got me wondering whether my number was blocked.

If it was blocked, would my text show as pending? Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the phone was blocking the SMS it would still have to accept it from the network, so your delivery report would still read sent.

Maybe issues on the recipents SMS centre or more than likely the handset is turned off.

Easy way to tell if its turned off is to phone it ;)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe your friend has changed their number.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your replies. I don't really know too much about mobiles and have one more question if you don't mind!

Whenever I send a text I always get a notification saying 'message sent' and then shortly after a second notification saying 'message delivered', but with the text I sent to my friend earlier, I got the 'message sent' notification but the second one said 'message pending', and in the message details in the outbox it now says 'sent/pending' so my question is, am I right in understanding that the message was sent OK from my phone but has yet to reach her phone? Sorry if this seems like a silly question but I'm fairly new to all this!

Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you are correct in thinking this. Are you sure she hasn't changed her number?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cherubs wrote:
    Thanks for your replies. I don't really know too much about mobiles and have one more question if you don't mind!

Whenever I send a text I always get a notification saying 'message sent' and then shortly after a second notification saying 'message delivered', but with the text I sent to my friend earlier, I got the 'message sent' notification but the second one said 'message pending', and in the message details in the outbox it now says 'sent/pending' so my question is, am I right in understanding that the message was sent OK from my phone but has yet to reach her phone? Sorry if this seems like a silly question but I'm fairly new to all this!

Thanks.

That's correct. When your phone says "message sent" this is only to confirm that your text message has been submitted to your network for distribution to the recipient's network and to their phone.

As mentioned, even if your number was blocked on their phone (which can only be done with Samsung phones as far as I am aware) you would still get a "Delivered" confirmation. Could it be possible that your friend has gone away on holiday and left their phone switched off? Also as mentioned you could try giving the mobile a quick ring to check if the phone is on. If the phone rings then there is a problem somewhere along the line with the recipient's phone or the network.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your help with my text queries everyone, it's very much appreciated. Thanks for the advice too, but I feel that if she has gone as far to change her number or keep her phone switched off all the time then I know where I stand!

Thanks again.
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    or it got drop down a toilet iv herd it happens a lot
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    samsung phones can block txts so thats a possibility a few of them also block calls the d600 cant block calls