The Ratings Thread (Part 46)

Comments

• Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,891
    Forum Member
    tobi wrote: »
    Has it ever been that low before?

The lowest official rating is 5.29m for last year's fourth heat, and had an overnight of 5.08m (23.5%), so yes that is the lowest Let's Dance rating ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    It's on a voice like trajectory! Speaking of which, BBC1 supremo's must be getting a tad nervous about launching against SNT. Will they back their tanks up?

Ant and Dec will pose no threat to the voice by the time it launches if every episode is as insipid and mundane as last night's.
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Ant and Dec will pose no threat to the voice by the time it launches if every episode is as insipid and mundane as last night's.

But inspid and mundane has worked for the last 2 weeks...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    garyessex wrote: »
    But inspid and mundane has worked for the last 2 weeks...

There isn't anything else of note on - of course it will thrive in the absence of competition - and I thought the general consensus was that the first show was a lot better - if the quality erodes from now then the ratings will.
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,618
    Forum Member
    Isn't the voice insipid and mundane too though.
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnnymc wrote: »
    Isn't the voice insipid and mundane too though.

It can only aspire to that level of excitement
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    The lowest official rating is 5.29m for last year's fourth heat, and had an overnight of 5.08m (23.5%), so yes that is the lowest Let's Dance rating ever.
    Pointless rated better than it yesterday. Ant and Dec may find it difficult to keep up the momentum with SNT by the time the Voice comes around.
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,618
    Forum Member
    The voice gonna have to go some to achieve the ratings it did initially I think. How did pointless do? Ànd the cube?
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The voice gonna have to go some to achieve the ratings it did initially I think. How did pointless do? Ànd the cube?

Pointless 4.68m
    The Cube (excl +1) 4.18m
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Credit to The Cube there, in line with Take Me Out last week.
    Forum Member
    And that's it's highest overnight rating for over a year.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've got what they deserved with Let's Dance, it shouldn't have been wheeled out every year. (Err, "Let's Dance for Sport Relief"?!!)

It's now a tired programme that people only watch if there isn't anything better on.

Good for SNT to be up on last week, against all odds. So there isn't always a drop to week two after all!
  • xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    Pointless 4.68m
    The Cube (excl +1) 4.18m

That must be The Cube's highest rating in a while. Maybe there is a bit more life in the series yet...

Pointless performing well as always, interested to see if In It To Win It was dented by the low lead-in from Let's Dance.

I do think that The Voice may struggle against SNT on its return. It ended series 1 on a low and I think the fact all the judges have been kept despite lacking chemistry on the live shows will hurt it. I predict a 7-8m start to TV, followed by small incremental drops. SNT should be able to maintain a 6m ish audience against it.
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The voice gonna have to go some to achieve the ratings it did initially I think.

March 9th - Let's Dance final
    March 16th - Six Nations conclusion
    March 30th - Dr Who launches.

Do I take it that The Voice start on the 23rd? Last year it launched against Family Fortunes and TV Burp which were both under 4m in the officials that week. No way will SNT drop that low, so no way will The Voice launch as high as it did last year (9.44m official) [although I could be wrong;)]
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takeaway got 6.74m in the level playing field world.

I think Let's Dance still just about has the highest Saturday night overnight of 2013 (6.76m)... ;)
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    She's more popular than people think, appearing in women's magazines all the time and writing a decent column in The Sun( I only read it for the columnists). Also Lorraine seems to be quite a nice girl in real life.

It's not cool to admit you like Lorraine, but have to agree, she's far funnier away from all the sugar coated morning telly. She seems genuinely lovely and I was surprised there was no thread, as she turned out to be one of Piers' best guests so far imo. with a fair few laugh out loud moments. :)
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    They've got what they deserved with Let's Dance, it shouldn't have been wheeled out every year. (Err, "Let's Dance for Sport Relief"?!!)

It's now a tired programme that people only watch if there isn't anything betteronll!

Could the same apply to Ant and Dec too? And for that matter The Voice also?
    Forum Member
    Could the same apply to Ant and Dec too? And for that matter The Voice also?

I think Ant and Dec should only be one series a year.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

SNT has generally always been one series a year
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's 1 every 4 years at the minute. About the same as World Cups. Lets Dance comes around as often as the League Cup
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One problem with Let's Dance is that both its presenters are absolutely awful, neither has any charisma or personality and one appears to have an ego the size of Wembley Stadium.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Let's Dance still just about has the highest Saturday night overnight of 2013 (6.76m)... ;)

Splash will end up with a higher series average :p
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »
    SNT has generally always been one series a year

They had 2 in 2004.
    Forum Member
    iaindb wrote: »
    March 9th - Let's Dance final
    March 16th - Six Nations conclusion
    March 30th - Dr Who launches.

Do I take it that The Voice start on the 23rd? Last year it launched against Family Fortunes and TV Burp which were both under 4m in the officials that week. No way will SNT drop that low, so no way will The Voice launch as high as it did last year (9.44m official) [although I could be wrong;)]

I think a launch date of 30th March was announced.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    One problem with Let's Dance is that both its presenters are absolutely awful, neither has any charisma or personality and one appears to have an ego the size of Wembley Stadium.

Agreed. They are abysmal.

The Voice will start well as auditions are popular. Its when it turns to dreary live shows that things go downhill.
This discussion has been closed.