The Ratings Thread (Part 46)

Comments

• iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    I think a launch date of 30th March was announced.

So what is BBC1 putting on on the 23rd? Will it be a big film repeat?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    iaindb wrote: »
    So what is BBC1 putting on on the 23rd? Will it be a big film repeat?

It'll be the 23rd - it's crazy for the beeb to try and launch two big shows at once (the voice, doctor who)
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,891
    Forum Member
    It'll be the 23rd - it's crazy for the beeb to try and launch two big shows at once (the voice, doctor who)

But they can provide good lead-ins for each other.
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Good rating for SNT yesterday, surprised it went up but the viewers have spoken. Even the Cube didnt rate badly. Lets Dance is clapped out, bbc needs to rest this next year and bring it back every couple of years when its Comic relief to keep it fresh. SNT's success is a worry for the Voice. BBC can NOT show Six Nations Scotland v France in peak time or Ant and Dec will get 8million average and make it very difficult for Voice to launch. Even the week after rubbish Six Nations game, BBC cant just show some rubbish filler show against Ant and Dec, they need to compete hard and make sure they dont boost A&D's ratings. If it means showing a film premiere, they need to do it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    But they can provide good lead-ins for each other.

They will do on the 30th and for 7 weeks thereafter.
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why on earth is that crazy?

Launching on a holiday weekend though seems daft...
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Good rating for SNT yesterday, surprised it went up but the viewers have spoken. Even the Cube didnt rate badly. Lets Dance is clapped out, bbc needs to rest this next year and bring it back every couple of years when its Comic relief to keep it fresh. SNT's success is a worry for the Voice. BBC can NOT show Six Nations Scotland v France in peak time or Ant and Dec will get 8million average and make it very difficult for Voice to launch. Even the week after rubbish Six Nations game, BBC cant just show some rubbish filler show against Ant and Dec, they need to compete hard and make sure they dont boost A&D's ratings. If it means showing a film premiere, they need to do it.

I reckon the rugby will take more off Ant and Dec than a film repeat or worse on BBC1.
    Forum Member
    BBC confirms The Lady Vanishes is on Sunday 17 March 8-9.30pm. Normally this type of show would be shown at 9oclock but BBC making sure Itv dont get a head start with Our Queen or whatever 2 hour drama theyre showing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BBC Media Centre comfirms France v Scotland for BBC1, 7.30pm to 10pm.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im not surprised that SNT improved as the first show was widely praised and word of mouth may have encouraged a few more to ditch Lets Dance which always was cheap throwaway looking stuff- but is now tired as well. SNT didnt go down so well last night but the opposition is not going to tempt many people back so a 6 to 7 million audience looks a safe bet at least for A and D.
    Forum Member

Hang on, what do you mean "the viewers have spoken"? There is no reason why SNT can't hit 7m on a regular basis.

BIB - 'or they'll get 8m' - how is that meant to be a bad thing? You seem to hate ITV still, you happen to praise a good rating then you act like the BBC "make sure they don't boost their ratings". The Voice can still launch to a respectable audience against SNT.

Utter tripe.
    Forum Member
    Oh well, BBC are just gifting ratings to SNT. 7.30-8pm especially is just the buildup to the match, not even the match itself which will help Ant and Dec capitalise in the ratings.

I think Voice needs to be launched in the 8oclock timeslot, meaning it mainly avoids Ant and Dec. Doctor Who can be shown from 7.15pm.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its curious that the way the Six Nations works throws up a less than compelling game which just happens to be in the primetime slot. England v France for the title would clearly be a very different proposition.
  • ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think this has been confirmed at all, and won't be until Wednesday. In fact the provisional schedules show rugby on BBC2, with BBC1 showing News at 7, TBA at 7.15, In It to Win It at 8, Casualty at 8.50 and Mrs Brown at 9.40.
    Forum Member
    Ronant what were the ratings for In It To Win It, Casualty, MBB, MOTD, YBF, Jonathan Ross?
    There is no reason why SNT can't hit 7m on a regular basis.
    I didnt say otherwise. Thats the reason I dont want the Voice going up against it.
  • ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronant what were the ratings for In It To Win It, Casualty, MBB, MOTD, YBF, Jonathan Ross?

Don't know I'm afraid - my access is very, very limited at the moment (I can see ratings for upto 20 programmes a month).
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Its only 3 days of repeats until Ade In Britain starts on Monday

Groundbreaking stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ronant wrote: »
    I don't think this has been confirmed at all, and won't be until Wednesday. In fact the provisional schedules show rugby on BBC2, with BBC1 showing News at 7, TBA at 7.15, In It to Win It at 8, Casualty at 8.50 and Mrs Brown at 9.40.

But if this is correct what are their options for TBA?

Pointless Celebrities most likely. Possibly a repeat if it's a late addition to the schedule. Not likely to make much of a dent on SNT even if it's a new episode.

Unless they're going to show one of the two unscreened epiosdes of Richard Hammond's Secret Service.:D I think they should do that just to annoy SamuelW.:D;)
    Forum Member
    Unless they're going to show one of the two unscreened epiosdes of Richard Hammond's Secret Service.:D I think they should do that just to annoy SamuelW.:D;)

Why don't they just screen Secret Service on CBBC including the unscreened ones?
    Forum Member
    I didnt say otherwise. Thats the reason I dont want the Voice going up against it.

But it's not your decision - I'm sure the BBC will at least be wise about it. The Voice could be in a later slot while SNT is still on.
  • Jules 1Jules 1 Posts: 2,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    One problem with Let's Dance is that both its presenters are absolutely awful, neither has any charisma or personality and one appears to have an ego the size of Wembley Stadium.

I didn't know Ant and Dec hosted Let's Dance. :D

I have always liked Steve Jones since Drop Zone, and prefer him to most other presenters including Dermot, but that doesn't really say that much does it.
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,618
    Forum Member
    Oh well, BBC are just gifting ratings to SNT. 7.30-8pm especially is just the buildup to the match, not even the match itself which will help Ant and Dec capitalise in the ratings.

I think Voice needs to be launched in the 8oclock timeslot, meaning it mainly avoids Ant and Dec. Doctor Who can be shown from 7.15pm.

I dont think doctor who should be any earlier than 7pm as it never helps its ratings. In fact it sjould be given a sunday evening slot. But the voice should be able to outwit anything that gets thrown at it otherwise its just a waste of money really.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't they just screen Secret Service on CBBC including the unscreened ones?

Or on BBC Alba with Gaelic sub-titles ?
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »
    But inspid and mundane has worked for the last 2 weeks...

7 million people can't be wrong, even though the show isn't my scene. Also it means ITV, after the end of TMO and Splash, now have a hit to see them through to BGT. Meanwhile BBC One seems to be floundering since SCD finished.
    Forum Member
    The Grauniad has tweeted:
    TV ratings: Ant & Dec's Takeaway 7.2m/32%, Casualty 4.8m/22.2%, Let's Dance/Comic Relief 4.5m/20%, The Cube 4.6m/20.4%, J Ross 3.6m/16.5%
This discussion has been closed.