01/07/14 | Hollyoaks E4 Discussion Thread | Sienna's plans endanger Darren...

bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just a quick emergency thread as I didn't see one up.
The McQueens return to their boarded-up house and Nana handcuffs herself to a drainpipe. Phoebe, John Paul and Mercedes are also attached to the house with bicycle locks and Carmel turns up with 'Save Our Home' T-shirts.

Later, Sonny asks Carmel if she wants to buy a house with him, as his dad is lending them money for a deposit. However, Mercedes warns Carmel that she'll disown her if she gives up on them.

Meanwhile, Sienna is prepared to go to extremes to stop Tom testifying against her in court, but when Darren crosses her path, what will she do?

Elsewhere, Blessing isn't happy with Dennis when he plans a fundraiser to get enough money for her operation, but will his idea be a success?

Writer: Gareth Lemon
Director: John Howlett

Just a few quick thoughts on the episode:

Really shocked at Frankie's behaviour. I thought she's be understanding about it considering Esther is a lesbian and she'd know what she went through with the bullying. It also annoys me how Sienna thinks she can get away with her crimes. Makes me want her to go to jail. My heart breaks for Blessing, really impressed by the actress.

Overall it's been a good episode I thought. What did you guys think?

Comments

• bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh forgot to mention that the McQueen storyline is getting boring now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a quick emergency thread as I didn't see one up.
    The McQueens return to their boarded-up house and Nana handcuffs herself to a drainpipe. Phoebe, John Paul and Mercedes are also attached to the house with bicycle locks and Carmel turns up with 'Save Our Home' T-shirts.

Later, Sonny asks Carmel if she wants to buy a house with him, as his dad is lending them money for a deposit. However, Mercedes warns Carmel that she'll disown her if she gives up on them.

Meanwhile, Sienna is prepared to go to extremes to stop Tom testifying against her in court, but when Darren crosses her path, what will she do?

Elsewhere, Blessing isn't happy with Dennis when he plans a fundraiser to get enough money for her operation, but will his idea be a success?

Writer: Gareth Lemon
    Director: John Howlett

Just a few quick thoughts on the episode:

Really shocked at Frankie's behaviour. I thought she's be understanding about it considering Esther is a lesbian and she'd know what she went through with the bullying. It also annoys me how Sienna thinks she can get away with her crimes. Makes me want her to go to jail. My heart breaks for Blessing, really impressed by the actress.

Overall it's been a good episode I thought. What did you guys think?

Agree 100% Sienna should not be able to get away with everything and my heart really did break for Blessing tonight. Also really disappointed in Nancy not considering Tom's best interests and saying Darren still had feelings for Sienna.
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qwertye wrote: »
    Agree 100% Sienna should not be able to get away with everything and my heart really did break for Blessing tonight. Also really disappointed in Nancy not considering Tom's best interests and saying Darren still had feelings for Sienna.

I can understand Nancy's anger but she should really think of Tom. He's only a kid and it would be a big strain on him. But Nancy's always been like that.
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can totally see why Nancy is so adamant that Tom testifies! I'm sorry but if Sienna did what she did to any of you and your children would you be particularly forgiving?

I see why they'd be concerned about Tom but it's unrealistic as he'd be able to do it via video link etc anyway.
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    I want to like Sienna but I can't buy all this she's just "misunderstood" when you see her cold-hearted, ruthless scheming and manipulation.
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am possibly Sienna's biggest fan but she does need to pay for her previous behaviour.

Blessing was just fantastic tonight and my heart really broke for her.
  • becsiebecsie Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The blessing storyline was the only good thing about the ep.

Bored of the mcqueens and osbournes,
  • squirtlesquirtle Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did nana McQueen get her protest t shirt on while wearing handcuffs?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    squirtle wrote: »
    How did nana McQueen get her protest t shirt on while wearing handcuffs?

I would assume that she took the handcuffs off to put it on, like when she went to the pub to use the loo and get a free drink! :D
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Blessing owned this episode for me. She was the saving grace. For me, she is easily the best recent addition to the cast.

The McQueen storyline is such a waste of time.
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baban wrote: »
    I can totally see why Nancy is so adamant that Tom testifies! I'm sorry but if Sienna did what she did to any of you and your children would you be particularly forgiving?

I see why they'd be concerned about Tom but it's unrealistic as he'd be able to do it via video link etc anyway.

Thank you I don't know why some people think it's ridiculous that Nancy wants to see Sienna punished and was that angry at Darren that she didn't even though I absolutely love Sienna.
    I love the Blessing sl it's one of my favourites at the moment. I don't think it's out of character what Frankie said. She said some hortible things like she normally does and she attacked Blessing which she realised she was went too far.
    I am also very much enjoying the Cindy sl.
    The Mcqueens is ok not exactly exciting.
    Also thanks for the thread banana shake.
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening banana ;-)

Hello there Oaksters :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Frankie>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Blessing owned this episode for me. She was the saving grace. For me, she is easily the best recent addition to the cast.

Completely agree with you. I think she has been a fantastic addition to the cast.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The car's rear door being left open was very weak....
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually felt some strong sympathy towards Blessing in this episode :( the actress has shown she's seriously capable and I'm for me, she's one of the best in the cast right now!
  • Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »

I agree
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How would Sienna know Darren had put his inhaler in the backpack? And why would Darren put it ther anyway. He would have it on him.... Very weak >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I take it the lottery ticket last night was all part of the "dream" :confused:
  • fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand Nancy's anger but she should really think of Tom. He's only a kid and it would be a big strain on him. But Nancy's always been like that.

I think she is thinking of Tom. It's absolutely right that he should testify against Sienna. He was kept imprisoned, lied to, manipulated into thinking he had caused Darren's death - he needs to testify to take back his power and to realise that he can affect things.
  • fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    How would Sienna know Darren had put his inhaler in the backpack? And why would Darren put it ther anyway. He would have it on him.... Very weak >:(

I carry my inhalers in my bag - not really unreasonable and isnt that where she saw him put it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I carry my inhalers in my bag - not really unreasonable and isnt that where she saw him put it?

Your handbag, which is always with you ? Darren would have his inhaler in a pocket, surely. He wouldn't want to be rooting in a backpack if he had an attack....
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't seen the episode yet but sounds really interesting, Blessing is a brilliant new addition and I've found her storyline gripping so I'm looking forward to seeing her performance in this episode, bit shocked at the news of Frankie's behaviour
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »

i don't carry my inhaler in my pocket... usually my bag and i don't always have it on me plus the boot doesn't close when it's filled with camping stuff.
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Haven't seen the episode yet but sounds really interesting, Blessing is a brilliant new addition and I've found her storyline gripping so I'm looking forward to seeing her performance in this episode, bit shocked at the news of Frankie's behaviour

Not just Brilliant but a fantastic actress they have playing Blessing, a very great new addition Blessing is and remarkable acting from Modupe Adeyeye.