Options

Emmerdale: Aaron Livesy and Robert Sugden Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    Colonel_JasperColonel_Jasper Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can somebody please make a video collections of their kisses? No music please!!!:blush:

I want to see the scenes with full audio - Kissing, grabbing, love making, saucy shaking, raunchy making!!! All that type of sexy ingredients is perfect and to have it all in one would be very delicious to watch!!!!<333😍😍😍❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening! I agree tbh - they are totally hot, but Aaron is being played here and Robert is showing himself to be a selfish git (I don't mind this in the realms of soap). However, there are signs emerging of something more complicated with Robert e.g. his need for status and wealth, his anger at being separated from his father, his desire for Aaron, but belief that he has some kind of morals because he won't cheat once married - that are giving his character more depth. Totally agree, the acting is winning at the moment, Ryan is great in the role - Robert just needs to be more than a villain. I actually think the affair with Aaron could bring this aspect out.

Good morning. I've just caught up with last night's. Your thoughts are spot on, imo. Robert, love him, loathe him or in between, brings a real sense of dark menace into this soap. He really is very, very calculating, and quick. But does it all hide very deep hurt and anger? I think probably so.

He's a complete joy to watch as a believable character with issues.

Despite that he claims to 'love' Chrissie (hiding behind a more cosy mum and son relationship, sorry folks!) imo his real weakness is men, and Aaron in particular - and this could catch him out. I think the initial pushing at Aaron was to test where on the Kinsey scale he was and how likely a chance he had, right from the off. He seems like the kind of man who is constantly on the lookout and uses psychology to sound people out. Aaron knew Robert had previous experience with men and kept chiding, because he's not an idiot, and then that came out in the wash. I understand now when Robert said to Aaron in the garage 'I am straight' that was not a statement of fact, that was him saying 'that is my 'public persona', but you know different and nobody needs to know'. That's just how it looks to me.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Robert's bitterness about being sent away and the feeling he's the 'out of favour' child re: Jack and Diane, doesn't have its roots in what he might perceive to be homophobia if he was hiding his true self. Aka 'they don't like me because... I got sent away because...'. Thus he experiments and climbs social ladders to prove to his family he can 'live up' to what thinks they probs wanted, when the irony is Jack and Diane would have loved him anyway. I think the crux of of this is about Robert defending his hurt against everything and living a lie to keep up appearances. He's deep in now and can't get out of it. It's just a theory but one I could run with.

Sammy Winward's brilliant as Katie. She gets right up in Robert's face and challenges him full on. I have also enjoyed his scenes with Nicola, quite comical, and of course he has dirt on her too (the phone message), to hold her over a barrel. Damn, he's insane. Lol, hot but so so awful. I love it. :D
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know what else? Kate Oates gets shit levelled at her but in terms of forward planning and build up, it could be excellent: how handy is Lawrence going to be when shit hits fan? What sort of moral high ground will he take, if any? And there's Aaron who sticks it because I reckon he sees himself at one time in Robert's cloak and dagger sexuality and actually likes Robert, and Andy if/when he finds out the truth? He's also got form for acting out, albeit in a much different area. Then there's Finn, Victoria (would anyone like to see her and Robert sit down and have a proper talk? I would) and Diane, whose family via Val understands sexuality issues. Maybe Val herself could be useful here? How about Ashley (how religious, or not, is Robert?), could he be helpful just to talk to, or get brushed off?

There are all kinds of possibilities that I'm sure have been thought out already so it could be really interesting how different characters might be utilised.

Right, off to work!
  • Options
    ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    You know what else? Kate Oates gets shit levelled at her but in terms of forward planning and build up, it could be excellent: how handy is Lawrence going to be when shit hits fan? What sort of moral high ground will he take, if any? And there's Aaron who sticks it because I reckon he sees himself at one time in Robert's cloak and dagger sexuality and actually likes Robert, and Andy if/when he finds out the truth? He's also got form for acting out, albeit in a much different area. Then there's Finn, Victoria (would anyone like to see her and Robert sit down and have a proper talk? I would) and Diane, whose family via Val understands sexuality issues. Maybe Val herself could be useful here? How about Ashley (how religious, or not, is Robert?), could he be helpful just to talk to, or get brushed off?

There are all kinds of possibilities that I'm sure have been thought out already so it could be really interesting how different characters might be utilised.

Right, off to work!

I've got a day off so I can think about this all day but I do admire your posts, very well thought out.

And of course you are right, so many possibilities.

I woke up early this morning, I do a weird shift and it messes with my sleep pattern, so I've already watched the very early omnibus and I was a little bit disappointed to see what a limited actress the lassie who plays Chrissie is, the stuff when she was upset over Lachie was woeful.

Also, don't shoot me, I thought Aaron in the barn scene, when he wasn't kissing, was very one note. Watch it again, shouldn't be a chore, and he does the same three things over and over.

Lift those eyebrows, look to the side, pout a bit.

I'm a bit surprised to say it but I think Ryan is taking the acting awards here.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When did the story between Aaron and Robert begin? I've missed it all so far :(
    Started late November. You can catch up via Youtube
    Can somebody please make a video collections of their kisses? No music please!!!:blush:

I want to see the scenes with full audio - Kissing, grabbing, love making, saucy shaking, raunchy making!!! All that type of sexy ingredients is perfect and to have it all in one would be very delicious to watch!!!!<333😍😍😍❤️❤️❤️

Number of videos already on Youtube
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ally08 wrote: »
    I've got a day off so I can think about this all day but I do admire your posts, very well thought out.

I woke up early this morning, I do a weird shift and it messes with my sleep pattern, so I've already watched the very early omnibus and I was a little bit disappointed to see what a limited actress the lassie who plays Chrissie is, the stuff when she was upset over Lachie was woeful.

Also, don't shoot me, I thought Aaron in the barn scene, when he wasn't kissing, was very one note. Watch it again, shouldn't be a chore, and he does the same three things over and over.

I'm a bit surprised to say it but I think Ryan is taking the acting awards here.

Both actors have been exceptional for me and this is the reason why it really is working so well. Danny is great at showing hurt and the way he is already falling for this guy. You can see it in every look he gives him. It is one of the reasons the relationship is so great to watch. It isnt just about the kissing.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Despite that he claims to 'love' Chrissie (hiding behind a more cosy mum and son relationship, sorry folks!) imo his real weakness is men, and Aaron in particular - and this could catch him out. I think the initial pushing at Aaron was to test where on the Kinsey scale he was and how likely a chance he had, right from the off. He seems like the kind of man who is constantly on the lookout and uses psychology to sound people out. Aaron knew Robert had previous experience with men and kept chiding, because he's not an idiot, and then that came out in the wash. I understand now when Robert said to Aaron in the garage 'I am straight' that was not a statement of fact, that was him saying 'that is my 'public persona', but you know different and nobody needs to know'. That's just how it looks to me.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Robert's bitterness about being sent away and the feeling he's the 'out of favour' child re: Jack and Diane, doesn't have its roots in what he might perceive to be homophobia if he was hiding his true self. Aka 'they don't like me because... I got sent away because...'. Thus he experiments and climbs social ladders to prove to his family he can 'live up' to what thinks they probs wanted, when the irony is Jack and Diane would have loved him anyway. I think the crux of of this is about Robert defending his hurt against everything and living a lie to keep up appearances. He's deep in now and can't get out of it. It's just a theory but one I could run with.

I think your analysis of Robert is spot on and that's what's making him so interesting too.

Yes! As much as I love the affair stuff the fallout will affect so many that I'm really excited by that too. Chas's face will be a picture :D
  • Options
    baisbaisbaisbais Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I do think Ryan is a fantastic actor, but I'm still a big fan of Danny's too. What about when he says 'Robert' at the end??

I also was actually quite moved by the actress who plays Chrissie (if I weren't lazy I'd just go and find out...) so... maybe my standards are lower ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When did the story between Aaron and Robert begin? I've missed it all so far :(

I don't know if we're allowed to link to youtube or dailymotion channels,but there's one person on those who has put up all Robert & Aaron, as well as those characters individually beforehand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for Robert being selfish and nasty and not right for Aaron, well Duh!

Isn't that the point of soap relationships? Who the hell wants to watch two nice people meet, have a few dates and be happy together?

No thanks from me, give me angst and lots of it. :D

True!
    My ideal is two guys with dark sides meet and change each other for the better :) #fairytale...
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,387
    Forum Member
    Bit of a weird Robron dream last night.... It was kind of all over the place and it wasn't even a dirty one!

Dreamt Aaron was feeding this random dog a cheeseburger and then suddenly collpased, and Robert found him, and instead of panicking and stressing that there might be something seriously wrong, he lay down with Aaron, lay his head on Aaron's stomach and started singing Westlife songs to him. and occasionally reached up to poke him in the forehead. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

That's the last time I have WKDs at 11.30 at night! :o
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    i did steal this from tumblr but very true...

Robert & Aaron, are you having an affair?

https://31.media.tumblr.com/74182f746b48aeb177c99d7a2ea6e324/tumblr_inline_nhkeqrZOFs1r1ohlx.gif

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy614 wrote: »
    i did steal this from tumblr but very true...

Robert & Aaron, are you having an affair?

https://31.media.tumblr.com/74182f746b48aeb177c99d7a2ea6e324/tumblr_inline_nhkeqrZOFs1r1ohlx.gif

Love it!
    I wonder what the most ridiculously obvious thing will be...
    They'll be discovered naked in Aaron's room, and he'll be all "We're just... donating... our clothes to... to a jumble sale. kthxbai."
  • Options
    BcUhTrTyEeRdCUPBcUhTrTyEeRdCUP Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all
    Remind me Not to drink again:cry:
    Starting to feel a bit hungover :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I managed to watch the end scene though (I hate second-hand embarrassment:blush:) but was able too do with some le alcohol inside me :blush:
    not using it just was surprised :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45,402
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »

Yes! As much as I love the affair stuff the fallout will affect so many that I'm really excited by that too. Chas's face will be a picture :D

I can literally hear her saying, in my head, "Why didn't you tell meh?! What are you thinking?!"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think your analysis of Robert is spot on and that's what's making him so interesting too.

Yes! As much as I love the affair stuff the fallout will affect so many that I'm really excited by that too. Chas's face will be a picture

THIS^:)
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Bit of a weird Robron dream last night.... It was kind of all over the place and it wasn't even a dirty one!

Dreamt Aaron was feeding this random dog a cheeseburger and then suddenly collpased, and Robert found him, and instead of panicking and stressing that there might be something seriously wrong, he lay down with Aaron, lay his head on Aaron's stomach and started singing Westlife songs to him. and occasionally reached up to poke him in the forehead. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

That's the last time I have WKDs at 11.30 at night! :o

Haha! Singing Westlife? That would come under the nightmare category to me ;)

I keep dreaming about them but I've forgotten most. Except there was one where Ryan and Danny did strictly together. Lots of lycra. That's honestly not even a fantasy of mine :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I keep dreaming about them but I've forgotten most. Except there was one where Ryan and Danny did strictly together. Lots of lycra. That's honestly not even a fantasy of mine :D

I never dream about any of my obsessions :( just weird stuff :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member

It's one of mine now! Aaron and Robert having a little twirl around on the dance floor in skimpy Lycra costumes? *drool* :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    their affair is turning messy...

Love it;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am going to bed so seeya tomorrow maybe...
    When Refreshed ;)
  • Options
    Lucie_GirardLucie_Girard Posts: 36,092
    Forum Member
    I rewatched again lol the New Years Day episode. :blush:

Seeing Robert looking at Aaron. He is so happy:blush:

The sex was probably mind blowing. Lol :blush:

Sorry i Can't help it. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I rewatched again lol the New Years Day episode. :blush:

Seeing Robert looking at Aaron. He is so happy:blush:

The sex was probably mind blowing. Lol :blush:

Sorry i Can't help it. :D

I've always thought Aaron must be a bit of an animal considering the moody persona never seems to put people off..... :o:D
  • Options
    Lucie_GirardLucie_Girard Posts: 36,092
    Forum Member
    I've always thought Aaron must be a bit of an animal considering the moody persona never seems to put people off..... :o:D

:D. I wish Robert Would say something about it just for teasing him :D:blush:
This discussion has been closed.