COD Black ops crashing?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
Forum Member
✭✭✭
anybody else getting crashes from COD black ops online? Game just sticks on the same screen then you have to switch the ps3 off and on?

Think i'm about to get YLOd again :(

Comments

• OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's not that many people it HASN'T crashed on!
  • TPLTPL Posts: 2,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which screen?

I have had it take unusually long to load.

Does anything spin or move on screen? If it is trying to connect to a game, i'd leave it for a few minutes. I did and it took me back to the lobby thing.

If not i haven't experienced your problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TPL wrote: »
    Which screen?

I have had it take unusually long to load.

Does anything spin or move on screen? If it is trying to connect to a game, i'd leave it for a few minutes. I did and it took me back to the lobby thing.

If not i haven't experienced your problem.

Nope online games normally nearer the end everything goes blank and thats it nothing moves no sound or anything :(

Lost tons of bonus points this way :(
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah happens to me too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    yeah happens to me too.

Ah good to know it's not just me unless your getting another YLOD too? This happend to me on Lego harry potter keep fearing it again :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nah seems to be quite common on this game. I would have though that would have been the 1st thing they addressed with the latest patch but obviously not. Poor spawns I can work with, PS3 freezing is a pain in the ass.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    nah seems to be quite common on this game. I would have though that would have been the 1st thing they addressed with the latest patch but obviously not. Poor spawns I can work with, PS3 freezing is a pain in the ass.

Yeah definately espicially when you loss like 10k bonus :(

I got a few headshots in one game which i never got had to wait about 10 more games before i got anymore head shots :(
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having problems just downloading the patch. Only got my PS3 and a copy of the game last week. Yesterday I got a message telling me the game needed a software update so I let it update. However it only got to 36% before stopping and then informing me that the connect had been lost. I tried again today and got to 45% before it did the same thing.

Its odd because my connect seems fine - i'm able to connect to the store and have downloaded a couple of demos ok.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    roll on cod 8 this game is a joke for connection issues and freezing :mad:
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it freezes my ps3 at least twice every time am on it normaly on the map loading screen. sometimes but rarely in the lobby.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anybody else getting crashes from COD black ops online? Game just sticks on the same screen then you have to switch the ps3 off and on?

Think i'm about to get YLOd again :(

eh? thats not a crash :confused:
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having problems just downloading the patch. Only got my PS3 and a copy of the game last week. Yesterday I got a message telling me the game needed a software update so I let it update. However it only got to 36% before stopping and then informing me that the connect had been lost. I tried again today and got to 45% before it did the same thing.

Its odd because my connect seems fine - i'm able to connect to the store and have downloaded a couple of demos ok.

This is your net connection to psn thats doing this. Nothing to do with COD. Are you connected through wifi?
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is your net connection to psn thats doing this. Nothing to do with COD. Are you connected through wifi?

Yes - though like I said I was connected to psn ok when downloading demos.

Do you have any advice?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    I play with 3 friends and all of us (phat and slim) have lock ups from time time - was much worse before 1.03 but the problems persist. So not a problem exclusive to you OP
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gaphughes wrote: »
    I play with 3 friends and all of us (phat and slim) have lock ups from time time - was much worse before 1.03 but the problems persist. So not a problem exclusive to you OP

Thanks,

These lock ups do you need to restart the full ps3? I'm not sure if it's maybe a headquarters problem as i've only recently started developing it and only since playing headquarters. Though the amount of exp you get it's worth it :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    mine has done it when about to enter a mp match screen gets stuck on the waiting for players bit and also when i try to view vids on theatre mode
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Thanks,

These lock ups do you need to restart the full ps3? I'm not sure if it's maybe a headquarters problem as i've only recently started developing it and only since playing headquarters. Though the amount of exp you get it's worth it :o

Yeah . Ps3's freeze - requires disk ejection (slim) to return to xmb or holding down front button to reset. It is not unique to u at all. Usually occurred just after someone has been kicked , joining a game in progress via invite etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gaphughes wrote: »
    Yeah . Ps3's freeze - requires disk ejection (slim) to return to xmb or holding down front button to reset. It is not unique to u at all. Usually occurred just after someone has been kicked , joining a game in progress via invite etc.

Damn though still thank god it's not YLOD :( Cost me 10'000s of points though :(
  • monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    exupjohn wrote: »
    roll on cod 8 this game is a joke for connection issues and freezing :mad:

you wont like cod8 as it will be pay to play on ps3 and 360
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member

charging would be kinda justifiable for online if they guaranteed no lag,freezing or disconnection problems but then isp's would need a kick up the ar*e too lol.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    charging would be kinda justifiable for online if they guaranteed no lag,freezing or disconnection problems but then isp's would need a kick up the ar*e too lol.:rolleyes:

Surely only justifiable if the RRP of the game is halved.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has frozen on me a few times too, I will usually leave it for a minute or so because sometimes it will unfreeze but if not then you have to turn it off by holding your finger on the power button for a couple of seconds until you hear the first beeps.

Also the connection issues are a joke; signing me out of the PS network is my worst one. Unlike on MW2, it doesnt give you a chance to sign back in, it just kicks you straight out of the game, super annoying if you have just got all your kill streaks/bonuses/generally doing really well etc and you lose it all. I swear I would have prestiged ages ago if it wasn't for all those wasted games that didn't count!

As for disconnections, it's pretty much 50% of the time with either signing me out of PSN, no capable host, connection error with that little symbol of a phone plug and socket etc.

And recently when I die I often fall through the floor (happened all day yesterday and a bit today) and also my RC-XD's would often just fall straight through the floor as soon as I launched them and explode... anyone else experienced this?

When it does work however, I luuuuuuuuurve it! Beats MW2 hands down imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No it bloody ain't! I already pay for Xbox Live and from the sound of it PS3 versions always start off basically unplayable!

If they try to charge you to buy the game then again to play it online they can go whistle!
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played Black Ops solid from around 5pm with a couple hours break in between, experienced no crashes. Host migration doesn't work, but that's normal for PS3 cod games, dunno why!

The 360 version seems more stable just now, no good to me tho because I wanna play it on the PS3.

If they start charging for online in cod 8, this will be my last outing on cod, I won't be paying just to get shot in the back every 30 seconds, not complaining, just saying. Multiplayer isn't that important to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Also aparently set in space :( it will be like codzone!