Options

David Walliams in new BGT ad.

BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
Forum Member
✭✭✭
OK, so he's married but honestly... gay much ?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its his act
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His act is really bad. He isnt that talented on his own!
  • Options
    Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lara Stone = beard.

He's such a Mummy's Boy too. I don't think it's possible to be that camp and not be well.....gay. Like his mate Mr Cowell, the smell of lavender is heady indeed! ;)
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Tudor6222 wrote: »
    Lara Stone = beard.

He's such a Mummy's Boy too. I don't think it's possible to be that camp and not be well.....gay. Like his mate Mr Cowell, the smell of lavender is heady indeed! ;)

Oh it is. I have a friend who is extremely camp, but is also extremely heterosexual. Whilst, I have no idea of Mr Walliams sexual preferences, campness doesn't necessarily equal gayness. :D To me that's like saying any gay man who naturally behaves in a masculine or 'macho' way must really be straight. I am masculine, and behave in a 'straight' way, but am very surely gay. :)

As for mummy's boys, there are plenty of straight ones. :D

One of the reasons I think it is an act with Walliams is because it is so stereotypical. And quite frankly I find it irritating and somewhat insulting. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    Oh it is. I have a friend who is extremely camp, but is also extremely heterosexual. Campness doesn't equal gayness. :D To me that's like saying any gay man who naturally behaves in a masculine or 'macho' way must really be straight. I am masculine, and behave in a 'straight' way, but am very surely gay. :)

One of the reasons it is an act with Walliams is because it is so stereotypical. And quite frankly I find it irritating and somewhat insulting. :D

Oh, I know camp doesn't necessarily mean gay, but with Walliams, my Gaydar just goes wild.;)

I have a friend who's the same. Very camp, but I get the feeling he's in denial.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh, I know camp doesn't necessarily mean gay, but with Walliams, my Gaydar just goes wild.;)

I have a friend who's the same. Very camp, but I get the feeling he's in denial.

It doesn't set off my gaydar, it just tries my patience. :D Every game show he's on he has to flirt with the male host, or simulate sex. Perhaps he is in denial and that is a way of releasing it. But to me it just comes across as some bad act, just like that comedian in the 80s who had an act as a camp gay man.

I asked my straight friend who is camp as Christmas if he was really gay and he said he totally isn't. He said he has just always been camp and is aware of it. It also used to frustrate him that women assumed he was gay. But he's now been married for years.
  • Options
    nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love David Walliams. He just knows that campness sells on the telly. He's Kenneth Williams, Frankie Howerd and Graham Norton rolled into in one, without actually being gay.
  • Options
    HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His act is really bad. He isnt that talented on his own!

Is this the advert where he's acting like a Thespian, because he's not really, he just got lucky getting acting roles off the back of Little Britain.
  • Options
    HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    It doesn't set off my gaydar, it just tries my patience. :D Every game show he's on he has to flirt with the male host, or simulate sex. Perhaps he is in denial and that is a way of releasing it. But to me it just comes across as some bad act, just like that comedian in the 80s who had an act as a camp gay man.

I asked my straight friend who is camp as Christmas if he was really gay and he said he totally isn't. He said he has just always been camp and is aware of it. It also used to frustrate him that women assumed he was gay. But he's now been married for years.

Duncan Norvelle.

If it gets to the stage where you have to pay lapdancers for kiss and tell stories to create a heterosexual persona, then I think it's only fair that people then question if the campness is a gay effeminate man in denial. This doesn't seem to be the case for Walliams who enjoys his campness and plays up to it, unlike Simon Cowell who used to get stroppy with Louis Walsh on the X Factor if he made jokes about his campness.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love David Walliams. He just knows that campness sells on the telly. He's Kenneth Williams, Frankie Howerd and Graham Norton rolled into in one, without actually being gay.

I really like him too, and have loads of respect for him ref his charitable activities, but I do also think he's better than the now kind of lame camp act he seems to think is all he has to offer. I've seen him interviewed when he drops it and he's much more interesting. There's got to be a lot of insecurity there that he can't seem to move beyond the 'character' he embodies in order to entertain. I'd love to see him just being himself on BGT and leave the entertaining to those on stage.

It's not as if there isn't enough camp there already with Queen Cowell.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Find him incredibly annoying..enough already with the camp act! It's not remotely funny and like somone else said, I'm sick of him on panel shows with his gay persona, frankly I think he got lucky meeting Matt Lucas who imo is a genuinely funny and clever actor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    HenryBane wrote: »
    Duncan Norvelle.

If it gets to the stage where you have to pay lapdancers for kiss and tell stories to create a heterosexual persona, then I think it's only fair that people then question if the campness is a gay effeminate man in denial. This doesn't seem to be the case for Walliams who enjoys his campness and plays up to it, unlike Simon Cowell who used to get stroppy with Louis Walsh on the X Factor if he made jokes about his campness.

I just meant, personally I find it as irritating as Duncan Norvelle. :D
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    He isn't gay. He's just quite camp. I did think he may be gay in the Little Britain days, but not really anymore. :o
  • Options
    Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member

I agree, love his air of campness and to me he comes across as incredibly secure of himself to not give a crap if people believe him to be gay or not, i also admire his charity endeavours he could sit on his butt and do nothing but he dosen't.
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anything I thought that perhaps he was bi. Though he for sure camps it up, I did think at times he genuinley had a flirt.

As for his charity endevours I have nothing but admiration for the man.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lara Stone = beard.

LOL :D:D

I actually think he's Bi.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL :D:D

I actually think he's Bi.

Could well be.

I don't think any man behaves in such a camp way and be completely straight.